• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Gattuso

that actually worked out better than I thought shooting that red shell over to leave you defenseless and then Yoshi coming in with that crazy 8 and hitting you with the red shell that last match Exentryk

I've been playing online with some friends lately. I'll bring my wii u over so that we can play 3 people between 2 consoles. Probably old news but we noticed that if 2 people leave a group and the 3rd stays in, the system replaces the 2 people that left with computer AI. Not just random characters, but the same name and character/kart combo. Probably only lasts for that one race, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention.

CassSept

Picked it up yesterday, seems really fun. I played a single playthrough through every 150CC GP and won all but two.

I did not play MK Wii, but MK 8 seems far more hectic. Don't know if it's because of 12 players, but all the time it felt like majority of the NPCs stick together and there is a lot of rotation between spots all the time. Makes for some very exciting races. Levels are great, I think Flower Cup was my fav, while Special Cup was incredibly frustrating. I won 6 GPs, lost Leaf Cup on the final turn (what a terrible choke that was, ugh) and barely placed 4th on Special Cup. Well, there sure is some room for improvement!

Cool how Spiny Shell is so rare now, fitting. I barely saw few between all 32 races. Piranha Plant seems somewhat useless though.

Btw, is it worth it learning to drive a bike? I usually play light characters with high mobility and acceleration, but this is so different. I always cut corners but my few attempts at bikes were failed. Are bikes generally superior?

Mik2121

Guys, I've seen some rumors and stuff but I think I might have missed something... is there any actual DLC or future content coming for the game besides the BMW thing?

Metal B

Guys, I've seen some rumors and stuff but I think I might have missed something... is there any actual DLC or future content coming for the game besides the BMW thing?
We know at least, that there will be an update in the future, which creates some kind of connection with Nintendo's amiibos. Since they need something to offer people, there will be future content for the game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Was empty when I checked a while ago.

Went and 3 starred Banana Cup on Mirror Mode. Gold Standard get. Just need those 10k coins.

1up

I switched from Ludwig to Bowser because I liked bullying people off the road. But then I wanted to play Ludwig again because no one uses him. But now I'm back to Bowser just because his horn doesn't sound like it's on a tricycle.

Exentryk

Hey Chaos! Was away from my computer. Some good races there. But how about be more aggressive to others rather than your GAF friend? :p

m0t0k1

Man the item balance can be wayy off sometimes. I am in close second gets a coin. First gets a redshell :( last itembox you know you just lost the race.

Top Bottom