• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I see a bomb explode right behind me. What the hell are you guys trying to do?

And then I see Waluigi try to steal 1st place from me.

I failed twice, otherwise I would have won. First I hit a pipe while trying to boost through, then it didn't take my drift for some reason making me go really wide.

llamarawk

Thanks for letting me join guys. But I'm having a hard time finding anyone in the Frantic or GAF Vs. GAF races to play. Do these happen more when most people are on or what?

DaBoss

That lightning is for stealing my items.
Thanks for letting me join guys. But I'm having a hard time finding anyone in the Frantic or GAF Vs. GAF races to play. Do these happen more when most people are on or what?
Go to the GAF races, that's where most people are.

Roo

Frantic races have to be somehow "agreed upon" in advance here.
and about GAF vs GAF, it's a weekly tournament so you have to wait for an especific day.

Kalaidos

Neo Member
Dang it! Medley's boomerang at the jump during the second lap of Airport messed up my entire race : ( Couldn't recover one bit. KartGAF is relentless.

lionpants

A couple insanely close 1st places against Wario in a cup I finished recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13nh15OOXMs
2fPwY2T.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpYYMxvE1e0
aBrASIB.gif

partime

Played online for the first time yesterday,
OMG it's so much fun, but competition is harsh!
I couldn't seem to get better than 4th place.

Roo

Played online for the first time yesterday,
OMG it's so much fun, but competition is harsh!
I couldn't seem to get better than 4th place.

If you're new, I'd recommend to play in some public lobbies (since they're easier) until you learn all the tracks and how all the vehicles work first.
GAF races are usually pretty unforgiving. One mistake and you can bet your ass last place is yours. It can be a little too much for new players.

ohlawd

If you're new, I'd recommend to play in some public lobbies (since they're easier) until you learn all the tracks and how all the vehicles work first.
GAF races are usually pretty unforgiving. One mistake and you can bet your ass last place is yours. It can be a little too much for new players.
no, newbies need to get their asses kicked and their backs whipped

Loco4Coco

Talking about random players, just came back from playing and beat a 12 player lobby without drifting or using items. I got hit with blue shells and no one passed me.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Me and Exentryk were in a pretty good public room earlier. I'd say it was about as good as GAF's for the most part.

Roo

^^ That's my point. Your chances to find a lobby with people with the same level of skills as you is more likely than doing so in a GAF Tournament where everything is basically "win or die" lol

no, newbies need to get their asses kicked and their backs whipped

Oh well, I tried :p

partime

Completely unforgiving huh?
I was referring to playing against the public! Wow, I won't even dare join GAF yet!, ... unless not with my wife watching, she seems to get disappointed when I loose, ...

Dr Prob

Banned
Me and Exentryk were in a pretty good public room earlier. I'd say it was about as good as GAF's for the most part.

Worldwides kinda get a bad rap in this thread. Sure, if you just random into a lobby, chances are that it won't be great (especially if your VR is low from spending the majority of your time in tourneys). But there are plenty of great rooms out there, some of which make the GAF tourney seem relaxing by comparison.

Top Bottom