• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

I still cannot believe how good this game is, this is and will be played a lot in my house.

If you are on the fence go get it NOW!! If you don´t have a Wii U, then grab the bundle, so worth it!!

I still cannot believe how good this game is, this is and will be played a lot in my house.

If you are on the fence go get it NOW!! If you don´t have a Wii U, then grab the bundle, so worth it!!
I hope they take the time to update the single player aspect of the game to flesh it out a bit and also some balance patches for the entire roster.

They don't have a history for doing that but to be honest their games are usually more complete at launch than MK8. It's so good but still so bare boned.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You ruined me on that Shy Guy Falls race, Exen.

At least until I messed myself up on the third lap and didn't pull up early enough on the gliding section and went into the grass.

Got you back with that horn though, unless that was a different Rosalina.

Nice clean win in Cowland. Was worried since I was constantly getting coins until the third lap.

Exentryk

I wanted to get RJ, but you were along there too. Funny thing it didn't do anything to RJ coz lagand only affected you lol. And yeah that horn mate... >_>

CassSept

Holy crap were npcs in MK Wii that cheap too? I swear, nothing like this had ever happened to me between SMK-MK7. 3rd lap, I'm in the lead right before the huge bouncing notes. I get a barrage of items and before I landed after the paragliding section I was 9th ._. WTF

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Which tournament thing do most people play in?

Race usually has more people. Exen and I are in a WW game though, I joined him thinking maybe he was in GAF.

Like I said, I'll swap over to a GAF room if it has a decent number of people in it. This one is pretty good though.

Holy crap were npcs in MK Wii that cheap too? I swear, nothing like this had ever happened to me between SMK-MK7. 3rd lap, I'm in the lead right before the huge bouncing notes. I get a barrage of items and before I landed after the paragliding section I was 9th ._. WTF
It's pretty annoying, especially if you're going for the 3 stars in every cup but it's also the best preparation for the GAF tournament that you can possibly get so I appreciate it more now.

Exentryk

Damn the blue shell. This group is pretty decent, eh Chaos?

EDIT - 3rd place was far off so no harm in some friendly competition. Deserved the green xD

I'm about to throw my gamepad through the TV right now. Rainbow Road is an abomination and holds this game back from greatness. What a shit track. There is no bike/wheel combination that can handle the ridiculous turns in that course. Seriously. What the fuck is going on in these developers' minds?

I cannot get gold in 150cc in this cup and it's driving me crazy and I'm fucking done with this game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm about to throw my gamepad through the TV right now. Rainbow Road is an abomination and holds this game back from greatness. What a shit track. There is no bike/wheel combination that can handle the ridiculous turns in that course. Seriously. What the fuck is going on in these developers' minds?
Ummmmm you're just venting right? Just practice if you're having trouble.

llamarawk

Hey, guys. Around 3D world release I friended a bunch of yall and probably filled up my max. Anyways, I'm interested in playing Markar with you guys. I keep hearing about the GAF room. Is it cool or easy for me to join in the fun?

Just hit 2000 rank yesterday btw!

Nintendo Network Username (Wii U):
msduderino

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The red OR the blue probably would have been okay. Both, nope. Thought I was free of the shells when I used the horn.

The secret to getting red shells must be to get behind me. So many that race.

Exentryk

Hey, guys. Around 3D world release I friended a bunch of yall and probably filled up my max. Anyways, I'm interested in playing Markar with you guys. I keep hearing about the GAF room. Is it cool or easy for me to join in the fun?

Just hit 2000 rank yesterday btw!

Nintendo Network Username (Wii U):
msduderino

Use the codes in the OP and enter them in "seach by code" under tournaments in online mode.

Dr Prob

Banned
That little groove they added under the Royal Raceway song is rad.

doo doo doo do doo doo
doo doo doo doo dooo doo

XAehA9b.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I haven't actually played online yet. Was too busy doing the single player stuff (getting three stars) and then E3 hit. Maybe I'll try it out tonight.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Happy with that comeback to second. Really got screwed on the first lap.

Comm error. Shame, that was a good group. How is the GAF race?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Losing sensitivity to these repeated hits. Every time I get hit I know I can expect another one to come right as I start moving.

Three people taken out by one blue shell, that got intense.

This game truly has some of the worst item balance I've ever seen... 3 people in a room. Both racers in front and behind me with triple reds. I get a coin. Great, thank you.

DaBoss

I see a bomb explode right behind me. What the hell are you guys trying to do?

And then I see Waluigi try to steal 1st place from me.

Top Bottom