• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
2 people missed the cloud top shortcut and I got 2nd.
Shortcut missers represent (finished 3rd).

Hey blu, i saw you drive straight into the lava in Bowser's castle lol
I did, and not only there. I'm driving this new yellow beast, and I'm barely handling it (slicks).

Nyoro SF

Cloudtop Cruise shortcut is pretty easy with an inner drift bike, I have already memorized the point in which to turn.

However with a regular drift vehicle, I cannot help...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
BTW, apologies for all the blue shells - I didn't know how to get rid of them any other way : )

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Failed the Cloudtop shortcut twice in one race? Awful. Also experienced the joy of being bumped off the course the moment Lakitu put me back on. Like the GIF.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Failed the Cloudtop shortcut twice in one race? Awful. Also experienced the joy of being bumped off the course the moment Lakitu put me back on. Like the GIF.

Heh, I'm usually playing yoshi, peach or daisy so I can relate to that

Gaffers like the heavies :/

If you're using an inner drift bike, you have to drift VERY far outside on the initial turn, FYI. Then you have to jump perfectly from the edge of the ramp before hitting the drum. Otherwise you'll go into the grass 100%.

I really hate Music Park
Oh, I use outside drift ones.
I do, except I do it wrong every single time :(
IIRC activate your drift boost when the pattern at the edge starts.
I only try to do it when I have a mushroom because you land in grass most of the time.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I saw all those bananas on the Whomp's Fortress shortcut and was like Fuuuu because I had already committed. But I dodged them. That was awesome.

Then I missed on the third lap...

Top Bottom