• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

jnWake

Man, you guys weren't kidding. Lightweights are horrid in this game. Can't do shit with them against heavier characters.

It's very unbalanced right now sadly. Even the ones with medium weight (Mario,Yoshi and the Princesses) are quite hard to use against heavy characters.

It'd be perfect if they balanced it a bit, right now heavies just dominate, especially considering that almost every item is a boost one.

I just got to play it yesterday. I'm having so much fun, and the computer AI is not frustrating.

One thing I'm really upset about is the battle! Why are there no arenas??

Also, Is there any way to permanently change the controls of the wiimote to the D-Pad rather than pausing at the beginning of every race to do it?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Seem to be doing okay as Mario. I can win as long as I avoid getting hit at the beginning.

Gonna try a max-speed build next.

EDIT: Finally got a clean win on Wario Stadium. I like this build, though--just need to get more used to it.

EDIT 2: Gonna go ahead and get off now. Good games, everyone. Gonna try this build more tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It feels like the race is largely decided in the first twenty seconds. If you're hit by an item in the giant dust-cloud of crashing karts in that time, you're doomed.

So.. any of you have kids or have ordered a happy meal from McDonalds recently? Underneath the happy meal box it tells you what toys are next. They have how to train your Dragon 2 right now but next month is... Mario kart 8!

Kouriozan

Trying to join the tournament but I always end up alone >.<
Oh and I wish we would be able to see how many coins we have too.

Edit : will join later today.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we're at two. If anyone reading wants to play join Frantic!

Little too aggressive on the first half of that shy guy falls race. I guess you fell off the shortcut?

And woo, 3 people!

Top Bottom