• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Ecto311

I thought in the tournament list if its blinking that means its got people in it. The flag was blinking but there was no one in the race tournament. Sometimes I can leave and come back and get a group but this morning there was no one.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I thought in the tournament list if its blinking that means its got people in it. The flag was blinking but there was no one in the race tournament. Sometimes I can leave and come back and get a group but this morning there was no one.

That just means it's active, not that anyone is racing. There wasn't anyone in Race earlier so we got Frantic going instead.

RoySFNR

I recently dipped into Global for a bit and these players with high points don't mess around. I just raced a dude with 7k+ VR and nobody ever even got close to him..

ironcreed

Banned
Picked this up about a week ago and am having a blast.

jrgsBmhmq14MN.jpg

jzuDjNjC1sOQe.jpg

Pure fun.

Bumhat

Just going through the tedium of jump-starting my car, I'll come join afterwards!

Edit: just realised the irony of this post, hah!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
God, Nintendo. MKTV could be such a great feature if they didn't butcher it. Can't seem to get a good highlight reel that includes my awesome off-the-ceiling banana snipe no matter what options I try. It shows it, but only the moment Exentryk hits the banana and never the throw. Lame as hell, considering it will spend half the video on the first lap where almost nothing happens.

Ecto311

God, Nintendo. MKTV could be such a great feature if they didn't butcher it. Can't seem to get a good highlight reel that includes my awesome off-the-ceiling banana snipe no matter what options I try. It shows it, but only the moment Exentryk hits the banana and never the throw. Lame as hell, considering it will spend half the video on the first lap where almost nothing happens.

I was googling and hoping that I could just save the full video of something too but instead and since nintendo sucks at things like this I just took it off the pad with my phone. Only fix I could find.

DirectFrighteningCow.gif

I didnt know that you could break the blue shell with the horn.

Finally got a chance to play it. Played single player through all the Cups. Two takeaways for me:

(1) That soundtrack, so god-like! (Funk/jazz central, yo... that killer organ, especially during the race victory theme, I like it!)
(2) Lack of SNES classic racetracks is a tad disappointing (just 1, when almost every other system had 2 a piece). Maybe future DLC?

Branson

Man just doing a vs race compared to a gaf race is crazy. I hadn't played since launch weekend and I was routinely winning and in the top 3 in the VS public lobbies. Gaf races can be brutal.

Bumhat

Conversely, I threw two red shells at whoever was in first and the person behind me destroyed them with the boomerang! Serious ninja action.

Top Bottom