• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

So....My save totally disappeared. I panicked for a minute and wondered if my external hard drive failed but all my other games are completely fine. After a quick google search, its happened to others.

majik13

I think it's more like Donkey was first place but then he went in reverse in order to rank 2nd and not get hit by the blue shell

What is your username on MK8? I had to go but I'll be back later on

but Wario was in first the whole time in that clip. Also in my experience, once the blue shell locks in even if you drop to 2nd, it still stays locked in on the orginal player.

Ikon

Any ideas how I can be in the room all alone right now? I've run into two other people but you guys make it sound like there are quite a few playing..

ohlawd

I'm saving that race as a replay.

ohlawd dun goof'd with triple red shells TWICE. I don't know how.
lol I don't know what the fuck I was thinking saving those.

Heaven forbid the people behind don't have red shells either... nope, fuck you too MK8.

Dr Prob

Banned
I think it's more like Donkey was first place but then he went in reverse in order to rank 2nd and not get hit by the blue shell

but Wario was in first the whole time in that clip. Also in my experience, once the blue shell locks in even if you drop to 2nd, it still stays locked in on the orginal player.

Yeah. I'd have to go back and look at it, but I get the sense that something bad happened to blame and he just said "fuck it, I'm driving in reverse." Usually when you do that (or just idle) the game disconnects you fairly quickly as a sort of anti-griefing measure, but he managed to keep it going long enough to go tooling through everyone backwards as we passed him. Just funny because it's blame space/Donkey Kong, who always looks goofy no matter what he's doing in this game.

Ikon

I can't believe how hard it is to get back into the game after switching characters. Now I'm back to sitting in an empty lobby...

Grizzo

Yeah. I'd have to go back and look at it, but I get the sense that something bad happened to blame and he just said "fuck it, I'm driving in reverse." Usually when you do that (or just idle) the game disconnects you fairly quickly as a sort of anti-griefing measure, but he managed to keep it going long enough to go tooling through everyone backwards as we passed him. Just funny because it's blame space/Donkey Kong, who always looks goofy no matter what he's doing in this game.

ohhhh okay

that DK driving in reverse looks so random I was wondering if it was part of a bigger plan but nope, that's just blame being silly haha

Zing

Banned
Girlfriend was over and wanted to see MK in action. I went into regional room and got first place four tracks in a row. I said, "now watch how badly I do", joined the GAF race tourney, and she got to see me place in the final three positions every time. Although I did get one first out of a dozen tracks.

do i need to get gold on every single cup in every class to unlock all the characters, or can i just grind 50cc?

is there really no way to split the screen horizontal? you are completely fucked if you play 2 player and you get inked unless you memorized the course :/

I can't believe how hard it is to get back into the game after switching characters. Now I'm back to sitting in an empty lobby...

Have you added people from the tournament? that way you can just join back in quickly.

-oops, beaten twice-

Gonna jump online!

Meohsix

Really wish there was a way to see how many total coins you have. with how much I've been playing, I totally feel like i should have unlocked the gold glider by now...

Grizzo

do i need to get gold on every single cup in every class to unlock all the characters, or can i just grind 50cc?

is there really no way to split the screen horizontal? you are completely fucked if you play 2 player and you get inked unless you memorized the course :/

There are absolutely zero options in this game (not even an "option" menu)

It's pretty rare for such a well-known franchise

Top Bottom