• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Pro

Only need to 3-star 5 more cups in Mirror Mode and get 10,000 coins until everything is unlocked. The computer does NOT fuck around.

What do you unlock for all that? I thought the last car to unlock was 1-starring 150cc and Mirror Mode. I have 4 more cups to 1-star on 150cc.

List of annoyances from least to greatest.

5. Hitting the most minor corner of off-road and completely screwing yourself for the rest of the race.
4. Driving between item boxes and missing items.
3. The Catalyst. When you get hit by 1 shell and the next 5 players smash you with any given item.
2. The Blue Shell. Self explanatory. Will come on lap 3 guaranteed every single time without fail. Usually this is number 1 but MK8 has a new number 1 annoyance. Are you ready...
1. The accuracy the computer can shoot green/red shells backwards to hit you and lay banana peels when you are in second place behind them. It's damn near impossible to get around 1st place when they are holding a shell or banana. Usually starts a Catalyst. See #4. Seriously needs a patch Nintendo.

My roommate jokes that I don't have fun playing this game because of how frustrating it is. Sometimes I have to agree with him. Yet I keep coming back determined.

GimMick

holy shit I broke a blue shell aimed at someone else

fuck whyyyyyy
Not gonna lie... have never seen someone unintentionally save my ass in that game
KuGsj.gif

I've been seeing the weirdest lag issues with the blue shell lately. Yesterday when I was 1 vs 1 with Benny in frantic I got the blue shell early in lap two. I threw it and I didn't see anything hit him so I assumed he had a horn or mushroom.

Later that lap I got triple reds and started pelting him near the finish line when all of a sudden I hear something familiar. WHOOSH-BOOM!!!

It had to have been like 45 seconds to a minute after I originally threw it. Where did it go? And where did it reappear from?

ohlawd

Not gonna lie... have never seen someone unintentionally save my ass in that game
KuGsj.gif
I had a horn and I had to get rid of it since item boxes were coming up

Used it then a second later blue shell warning. I wonder why I didn't get the warning sooner.

what a load of shit lol

What do you unlock for all that? I thought the last car to unlock was 1-starring 150cc and Mirror Mode. I have 4 more cups to 1-star on 150cc.

List of annoyances from least to greatest.

5. Hitting the most minor corner of off-road and completely screwing yourself for the rest of the race.
4. Driving between item boxes and missing items.
3. The Catalyst. When you get hit by 1 shell and the next 5 players smash you with any given item.
2. The Blue Shell. Self explanatory. Will come on lap 3 guaranteed every single time without fail. Usually this is number 1 but MK8 has a new number 1 annoyance. Are you ready...
1. The accuracy the computer can shoot green/red shells backwards to hit you and lay banana peels when you are in second place behind them. It's damn near impossible to get around 1st place when they are holding a shell or banana. Usually starts a Catalyst. See #4. Seriously needs a patch Nintendo.

My roommate jokes that I don't have fun playing this game because of how frustrating it is. Sometimes I have to agree with him. Yet I keep coming back determined.

Not sure if you unlock everything for 3-starring it all but I want to do it anyways. Maybe a new title screen?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
ok so does the megaphone thing or whatever (that makes a shockwave around you) cancel out blue shells? Just for the hell of it I hit the item button just as the blue shell was about to hit me thinking it would be awesome if that worked, and I managed to destroy it? That wasn't a glitch right? I managed to keep my place and finish in first

daripad

ok so does the megaphone thing or whatever (that makes a shockwave around you) cancel out blue shells? Just for the hell of it I hit the item button just as the blue shell was about to hit me thinking it would be awesome if that worked, and I managed to destroy it? That wasn't a glitch right? I managed to keep my place and finish in first

That's the reeason of its existance tbh

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just had a bit of a scare, my entire console just froze while playing MK8 and I had to unplug the system from the mains. Is this a common problem?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That race was a mess, connection here must suck. Everybody was driving into walls and stuff and I easily won, but then it showed 3rd place.

Might not play online if that is how it is going to be, can at least practice a few courses now and then though.

Grizzo

at least you have dupes. I'm the only morton, so lonely. Seems like no one else wants to embrace the fat albert =\

Yeah I don't know why, Morton is a cool dude, I played with him the other day and it felt great

Not many Lakitus in online races too. I swear there was nothing but Lakitus in MK7

Top Bottom