• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Banned
Well I'm getting demolished. Everybody is faster then me no matter what kart combo I use. I use toad. Two races I finished 4th and 5th. The other six were dead last haha.

maxcriden

Fuckkkk Donut Plains, worst track ever.

Yesssss!

I always vote for Toad's Turnpike because I legitimately like it. Also it's fun to troll you guys a bit, but that's an added bonus haha.

I'm getting more consistent now that I changed my setup, got a few wins tonight! I had too many disconnects though so I gave up.

What's a "win"? Never had one. That's a good thing, right? This "win" you speak of?

Great music, great track design, awesome risky shortcut. One of the best tracks in the game.

You know, I don't think I know where this shortcut is. Or the DK Jungle one. Or the Dolphin Shoals one.... :(

Top 5 track, no doubt

JC pls

teach me how to not be terrible, I switched to DK on a bike and err'ythin'

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yesssss!

What's a "win"? Never had one. That's a good thing, right? This "win" you speak of?

You know, I don't think I know where this shortcut is. Or the DK Jungle one. Or the Dolphin Shoals one.... :(

JC pls

teach me how to not be terrible, I switched to DK on a bike and err'ythin'

The shortcut is in the water, you drift around and build up a boost by the time you reach the land. You feel like a boss each time you do it and it's also risky since you skip the item box, meaning you only get one the entire lap. I love it.

DaBoss

I don't think there should be a speed stat. That would solve the problem lol.

Or rather just don't make characters have a speed stat. Just keep it to the parts.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I don't think there should be a speed stat. That would solve the problem lol.

Or rather just don't make characters have a speed stat. Just keep it to the parts.

The weight stat should go first, imo. It's hard to make any use of the advantages light characters have when they're constantly being thrown off the track by slight nudges.

Azure J

It should be criminal to make sharp turns on bikes this easy.

I'm curious what your setup is.

five toad's turnpike votes

scust

According to the GAF DLC mockup, that's a favorite course to someone (and 4 clones) out there.

I think that one good german Wario, fruit delr picks the worst maps on purpose

first toad's turdpike, then why why desert

These names my God.

iVwFGTqPCnBu5.gif

Seriously tho, who the hell thought that last stretch for Bone-Dry Dunes was a good idea? No amount of traction or handling will help.

I always thought it was me. That last section when you hit the ground is just SO intense for no reason. I'd really love that level if the sand parts didn't feel like you were killing yourself to navigate through, especially at that double snaking split before the antigrav section. It's one of the best/fastest antigrav sections in the game but if you miss it once you pretty much lose the race instantly.

The shortcut is in the water, you drift around and build up a boost by the time you reach the land. You feel like a boss each time you do it and it's also risky since you skip the item box, meaning you only get one the entire lap. I love it.

I always wondered why you and a few others veered off like that. The primary reason I used to hate Donut Plains 3 was because the items were so sparse and in GAFcc you always want something to hold on to. Don't know how I'd feel skipping an entire batch given how the third lap on that stage always becomes a cluster fuck.

DaBoss

The weight stat should go first, imo. It's hard to make any use of the advantages light characters have when they're constantly being thrown off the track by slight nudges.
It shouldn't go away entirely. They just turned it up a tenfold in MK8 for some reason. And for some other reason made bikes not get knocked around by karts easily (even have the same weights lool).

DaBoss

So when Fand hits me with a star (twice) it registers both times and I stop. But when I hit Fand with a star, it looks like to me he is hit, but the game doesn't register that and he isn't stopped. >_>

This is happening way too much...

maxcriden

Thanks man! I'll see if I can suss it out. I appreciate it.

I swear I hit B.justice like 2-3 times with the fireball and he just kept going like it wasn't shit

truly the greatest Mario Kart 8 player on NeoGAF

Fandangox

So when Fand hits me with a star (twice) it registers both times and I stop. But when I hit Fand with a star, it looks like to me he is hit, but the game doesn't register that and he isn't stopped. >_>

This is happening way too much...

Which track was that, I remember getting hit by a star in one, but don't remember which character.

And I don't remember hitting anyone with a star, that's odd!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh man, pirhana plant slide is a nightmare when you aren't a heavy.

Piranha plant slide is a nightmare in general. I don't think I have ever won on that track for some reason.

I always wondered why you and a few others veered off like that. The primary reason I used to hate Donut Plains 3 was because the items were so sparse and in GAFcc you always want something to hold on to. Don't know how I'd feel skipping an entire batch given how the third lap on that stage always becomes a cluster fuck.

Yeah, I usually pray I get a shell or something at the start and hold onto it the whole match. I'm way more conservative with items on that map though even with a coin I usually risk it since doing it all 3 laps saves you a good amount of time.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
kak cheats like that to make up for his lack of firehopping ability he laments so much

It's true, I just can't wrap my mind around it. Maybe I'm too old to mash ZR repeatedly :(

It shouldn't go away entirely. They just turned it up a tenfold in MK8 for some reason. And for some other reason made bikes not get knocked around by karts easily (even have the same weights lool).

I just don't see the point of the stat really, other than it's supposed to "make sense" that bigger characters can bully around smaller ones.

Blues1990

Well I'm getting demolished. Everybody is faster then me no matter what kart combo I use. I use toad. Two races I finished 4th and 5th. The other six were dead last haha.
I'm able get into First & Second place as Baby Luigi, but I'll admit that most players don't bother to bump or knock me off te road.

Top Bottom