• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Banned
Well my lobby has been me by myself for awhile lol. I guess the gaf race is full because it doesn't even send me to spectate.

Grisby

So playing Mario Kart 8 is pretty nuts for someone who hasn't tried an MK since the Nintendo 64. Fundamentally it's still the same deal as when I first fired up the original on my Super NES (all those mowed lawns) but I liked the fact that I knew what I was doing right off the bat.

The blue shell is slightly annoying and I still don't have much experience or know how of the new items but the game is pretty fun. MK8's stages are really pleasant to look and very imaginative. At first I was slightly disappointed in the short track lengths but it allows me to get a couple of games in before moving on to something else.
I haven't played too much online but it seems like there isn't much SP content and I find it strange that you can only collect 10 coins in a race. Moving up the Prix circuits is a fun challenge but I kind of wish there was something more. Lots of Koopa Kids for characters too but I'm mostly sticking with my old MK/64 main Peach. Oh, and one other annoying thing is the highlight reel being the main choice after a race as I've hit it way too many times when I just wanted to move onto the next track.

This is a good pack in game. I don't feel too shorted since it came with the system and the core racing is pretty damn fun. Nintendo really has perfected it's cartoon style though hasn't it? Makes me excited for when I finally pop in Super Mario 3D World.

Ugh, there is nothing more frustrating than to stay in 2nd the entire game.

Only to get stuck in a wall right in front of the finish line due to a red shell.

Top Bottom