• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

so, when you drift, you go faster when the flames are red (I mean BEFORE releasing it and get a boost, DURING the drift)? Or am I imagining things?

StAidan

Didn't realize Rosalina was so popular. That's all I see online.

I've noticed that too. But I played around with a lot of different characters, and definitely found Rosalina the most comfortable, so that's who I use, too. She was my main in MKWii as well.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so fire-hopping is now a thing in the neogaf race ot?

I guess it was only a matter of time, I'm glad it was relatively hop-free the first couple of weeks at least

Later dudes

Ok, so fire-hopping is now a thing in the neogaf race ot?

I guess it was only a matter of time, I'm glad it was relatively hop-free the first couple of weeks at least

Later dudes
What is fire hopping?

I don't do any of the hopping myself and I do well enough. Doesn't seem like it makes a huge difference to me, whereas snaking made me stop the ds version.

Volodja

My copy of MK8 arrived today.

Too bad that my Wii U arrived today as well and it worked for a whole 10 minutes before freezing and being from then on unable to do anything but get stuck into the startup logo screen regardless of how many times I disconnect all cables and wait and then reconnect.
I couldn't even finish the configuration.

I guess I'll have to wait at least a couple more days for another one to arrive and hope that Amazon refunds this one after I send it back.

Guys this problem is driving me crazy : why is it that it's always the same 7 or 8 tracks that I get to play online? You get to choose from 3 tracks, plus random, right? But those three tracks are always basically from the same sub-group of 7 or 8 tracks. There are some courses I haven't played once online, because they never appear, while others I must have played 100 times.

I tried calling Nintendo about it but they didn't know.

Zemm

Do we think there will ever be a balance patch or is it going to be DLC only and obnoxious marketing deals with Mercedes?

Guys this problem is driving me crazy : why is it that it's always the same 7 or 8 tracks that I get to play online? You get to choose from 3 tracks, plus random, right? But those three tracks are always basically from the same sub-group of 7 or 8 tracks. There are some courses I haven't played once online, because they never appear, while others I must have played 100 times.

I tried calling Nintendo about it but they didn't know.

Yeah it's the same few courses over and over, I don't get it.

DaBoss

I don't think it is fair to equate it to snaking in MKDS, but it does give a clear advantage over those who do not fire-hop.

I stopped doing it outside of time trials since it doesn't seem all that fair in multiplayer races.

ohlawd

I used to do it too.

Stopped because the gains I made were negated by people slamming me with items anyway. I'm fucked either way.

Zemm

Let me preface this by saying I don't firehop in GAF tourney. But I did try it trying to get 1st once and well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrQyXOeqrWs

ijqy3zaHVx38g.gif

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Nintendo could just patch it out tbh, and I'm not going to name and shame anyone in here.

But it makes a hell of a lot of difference, especially in smaller and less chaotic groups. It's not hard to do, and of course you could say "let everyone do it". But it ruins the fun for me. I don't want to race that way.

-PXG-

After the RUS/KOR match I'll be on for real (seriously this time), assuming it doesn't blow completely. Destiny Alpha is over so I'm coming back to Hell :)

See y'all soon.

Top Bottom