• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

DaBoss

Hit detection in GAF rooms are bugging me. I hit DK with a green shell and he spun out and kept going at the same speed like it was nothing.

I played in public rooms for the first time in a while and it was really solid.

ffdgh

Being attacked by the 2 annoying baby girls. Time to stop.
KuGsj.gif

DaBoss

I honestly wonder what is the point of me keeping items behind me in hope that someone will touch it lol.
Very common occurence.
I know it is, but I didn't find it that common in the public races I went in. Seems to be much more common in GAF rooms.

OmegaDL50

You know I've been looking at the select screen, and this outer edge around the box just seems to stick out to me.

Like why isn't that box filling the whole area, why is there a gap that surrounds each of the character portraits.

mario_kart_8_character_roster.jpg

Opening up MS Paint I move the entire box to the upper left corner near the edge while still trying to keep things centered so that they don't disrupt the user interface.

And it sticks out like a sore thumb that seems intentional in the sense that there is enough space to accommodate two full rows of additional characters on the bottom and right side.

AvzZwKn.jpg

It's a hasty edit, but it proves the point I'm trying to make.

It's probably not likely to happen unless Nintendo has more content planned up it's sleeve beyond the Mercedes car.

ffdgh

12 extra slots? Easy.

Diddy
petey
funky *yuck
Wiggler
Queen Bee
Dry bowser
King Boo
Dry Bones
Birdo
Hammer Bro
Bowser Jr
E.Gadd

1up

You know I've been looking at the select screen, and this outer edge around the box just seems to stick out to me.

Like why isn't that box filling the whole area, why is there a gap that surrounds each of the character portraits.

Opening up MS Paint I move the entire box to the upper left corner near the edge while still trying to keep things centered so that they don't disrupt the user interface.

And it sticks out like a sore thumb that seems intentional in the sense that there is enough space to accommodate two full rows of additional characters on the bottom and right side.

AvzZwKn.jpg

It's probably not likely to happen unless Nintendo has more content planned up it's sleeve beyond the Mercedes car.

There is space for two more ups as well. Perfectly spaced even.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They already nerfed the hell out of the star, might as well get as much enjoyment as you can by ruining someone's day.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Uh. So I'd love to join in and really ought to know better at this stage of my life but how do I 'quote' the OP to get friend codes and such?

I feel like such a rube.

Please do not shame me.

Kade

Uh. So I'd love to join in and really ought to know better at this stage of my life but how do I 'quote' the OP to get friend codes and such?

I feel like such a rube.

Please do not shame me.

When you quote it, the codes are in the email code hidden in the reply box.

Albo

Triple red'd, blue shelled straight after, then triple red'd again, then bumped after that in wario coli. No mercy GAF in full force.

Kade

One combo of hits in the first lap and bad luck with items is all it takes to secure last place. Gimme damn Bullet Bills!

AvzZwKn.jpg

12 characters, eh?

Light:
Nabbit
Professor E. Gadd
Bowser Jr.
Dry Bones

Medium:
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
Kamek

Heavy:
Plessie
King Boo
Dry Bowser
Pauline (What? ...We need more female heavies :p)

Top Bottom