• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

We already have one in the roster....technically.:p

Baby Peach? Yeah, I also kind of see her as a (slight) rep for that series. Her design is practically ripped from PiT. Kinda makes me wonder why we haven't seen a true character from those games in Mario kart. I'm not as opposed to them making an appearance as of late, but it seems like Nintendo doesn't want to acknowledge them fully outside of their respective games.

DaBoss

I don't understand why I got fire flowers in second. I also don't understand why it kept giving me single mushrooms in third.

jakomocha

So, I thought I was playing really well, especially for my first time playing this game (I've unlocked every course and mostly get 1st-3rd place even on 150cc). So I popped into online (just a random match) thinking I could do well, and got last place every single time (even after like 5 matches). Damn, I need to spend more time playing this game. I must really suck.

DaBoss

"Let's reward the person who threw the green shell and missed by making the green shell likely hit someone when it bounces."

I don't even care I lost by a blue shell (I had a horn and used it up before spamming the item button so the roulette can stop). Green shells and red shells piss me off even more.

OmegaDL50

Oh man that squid almost fucked me up.

At least the Squid can actually effect you from properly seeing the course in Mario Kart 8.

It was useless in Mario Kart Wii. There was an improvement in that regard.

I wonder if they brought back the Feather power up would it be broken? But instead of making you jump, it launched you into the air into Hang Glider / Parachute mode. I'd use it right when a Blue Shell was about to dive in by going vertical over the explosion.

Albo

My green shell and banana snipes are on point today. Apologies to my victims

edit: got com error at start of yoshi valley D:

Grizzo

Whoever threw that shell at the beginning either has good aim or yay aim assist.

Only if it is in front of you.

alright got it, thanks. All this time I was yelling at it for not doing its job haha

I've seen mine reach backwards to eat them. I can't figure out if it's random or something I have to do .

ah so that's what I thought, I did see it eat shells coming from behind... just not that often

Whoever threw that shell at the beginning either has good aim or yay aim assist.

Only if it is in front of you.

Were you in first?

I waited for whoever was in first with that banana to start drifting and hit them with a green shell and stayed in first until all that BS on the last lap lol.

DaBoss

I got comm error'd again.

Seems like many people got comm error'd.
Were you in first?

I waited for whoever was in first with that banana to start drifting and hit them with a green shell and stayed in first until all that BS on the last lap lol.
Nice aim.

It didn't look like it bounced off of anything, but never know with Mario Kart 8 lol.

Grizzo

I had to shut down my PC and forgot that my Wii U's router is tied to it. I must have taken out the entire room :/

by some miracle I was still able to race. I was second place during most of the race, but everybody else was far behind me and that felt really weird. So now I know what was up!

Ghazi

I just got the game yesterday. Can someone invite to an online game or something? Would love to start learning how to play by playing against real people.

Grizzo

So many bloopers during that last race.. couldn't see shit most of the time

I just got the game yesterday. Can someone invite to an online game or something? Would love to start learning how to play by playing against real people.

Quote the OP to see the Tourney code :D

(we're in the "Race" one)

Top Bottom