• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That's it for me I guess. Good games. Hopefully I can play a little better next time, too tired I think.

Tabasco

I don't know why whenever I join the gaf toruney, there's now very few people in the lobby before selecting a track.

This has happened to me at least a couple of times.

Really fun to watch a replay of a sweet race in slow motion and gawk at all the detailed chaos and moments when you screwed someone over royally.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I have a setup worked out I think, but it's 5.25 speed and 2 accel. Anyway. Let me know what you think of 1 accel. I felt it was way too slow, but that's coming off 3 accel.

Yeah, the acceleration is reeeeeally slow. I seem to be doing okay, but there's not a lot of people in this lobby, so it's hard to tell for sure if I'm doing any better than I usually do with a bike.

Honestly one mistake and its gameover, but also getting item owned right at the beginning and never ever catching up D:

lol
That's what makes it so fun.
It also becomes incredibly satisfying when you catch up to the person or people that hit you with an item or bumped you off the track. Leaving them in the dust, or smashing them with an item is pure bliss!

Haha! That's excellent. I too have problems using that effectively, it either ends up in the middle of nowhere or directly in my path :/

Just use it for defense then. Throw it behind you and it'll probably hit someone that would have annoyed you during the rest of the race. ;)

Exentryk

Yeah, the acceleration is reeeeeally slow. I seem to be doing okay, but there's not a lot of people in this lobby, so it's hard to tell for sure if I'm doing any better than I usually do with a bike.

Hmm.. gonna join in for a bit with an outside drift set up. I royally suck at it tho, so save the last spot for me XD

Sayter

I don't know why whenever I join the gaf toruney, there's now very few people in the lobby before selecting a track.

This has happened to me at least a couple of times.

That's better than my experience. There's never anyone in the lobby when I join. :(

Top Bottom