• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

So on the fence about pulling the trigger on a Wii U for this game. Always been a fan of cart racers but the BS items in Mario Kart finally got to me on MK Wii.

Early impressions stated this was toned down a lot in this iteration but ive been monitoring this thread and it seems like people are getting hammered with items on the final stretch, just like the old days.

There also seems to be a bit of unfairness when it comes to weight classes.

1. Do you think the weight class issue will be patched?

2. Has the item explosion been toned down or made a little more fair or is it still a cluster f?

Grizzo

woah I've never seen so many Wario used in a Mario Kart game before

this afternoon I got into a Wario war with blame and prob and now we're 4 Wario in the same room

It feels like a Wario domination

DaBoss

Items are infinitely better in MK8 compared to MKWii.

I don't think they will do a balance patch for the game at all. Maybe the DLC stuff could be beneficial to lower weight classes, but I highly doubt it.

Sayter

I'm really glad there's no voice chat in this game. On a wim I came in first place online after being last in a lot of previous races. I haven't seen so many "I'll get you next time." and "Not fair!" chat bubbles. D:

Roo

AND YOU! How the hell did you sneak up like that on Electrodrome? Didn't even hear your kart, and I normally notice it because it sounds like a hair clipper.

I used my shrooms in the shortcut next to the finish line. I've seen people usually go
through the pipes since it's safer but I was next to the fence so that's probably why you didn't hear me.

The item lottery is part of Mario kart, I don't see what there is to complain about. Sometimes you get good shit when you're ahead and sometimes bad shit towards the end. If you're good you'll be towards the top more often than not.
Edit: and sometimes Gaf bangs you hard and forever

JaseMath

Most satisfying victory. Should not have won.

iHe2dvgAWtKga.gif

Grizzo

using that damn mushroom at the end of Royal Raceway sent me against a wall, got me bumping into it and falling into the lake

Grizzo

dear game, thanks for giving me that coin while I was in 5th place, it really did help shake things up because thanks to it, I ended up in 6th place

Top Bottom