• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

SM239

I didn't know Daisy on a bike could bump me that far

Edit: Well I guess that's what happens when you only get two items boxes during the whole race :(

jnWake

I recently noticed that piranha plant eats the blooper haha, I love the little touches in this games. Wonder what other secrets the plant hides.

Roo

I recently noticed that piranha plant eats the blooper haha, I love the little touches in this games. Wonder what other secrets the plant hides.

The plant also gets the stun animation when you get hit by someone with star/bullet bill.

Koodo

Banned
What an interesting night.

iglbqQb5vxWMS.gif

Roo

Just out of curiosity - How come no one plays Frantic Gaf or Gaf vs Gaf? I've tried these tournaments at varying times and no one is there.

They're not as popular as the 150cc racing tournament.
GAF vs GAF is literally dead. It seems like its creator didn't bother to promote it here (just like the mirror one) and the frantic one is active from time to time but nothing noticeable.
Wonder if I should remove them from the OP...

GAF vs GAF is literally dead. It seems like its creator didn't bother to promote it here (just like the mirror one) and the frantic one is active from time to time but nothing noticeable.

If you do, I'll make sure I remove these from my favorites. Right now I'm just enjoying my time playing with you guys.

Exentryk

Keep 'em there man. We play Frantic time to time. Just need to arrange with everyone to join Frantic.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

I think my biggest thing is... I don't know what Frantic racing and GAF vs GAF games are. Are they battle mode or something ? All we really need is a GAF racing and GAF battle mode, no ?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I think my biggest thing is... I don't know what Frantic racing and GAF vs GAF games are. Are they battle mode or something ? All we really need is a GAF racing and GAF battle mode, no ?
Frantic racing is races with items set to Frantic Mode (more likely to get powerful items). GAF vs. GAF is racing in teams, I think (I never tried it, so I'm not 100% sure what the rules are for it). I generally don't play in anything but 150cc because playing in a bunch of different tournaments will only fragment our already small group.

Also, there is a battle community, but I guess Roo took it out of the OP because it's totally dead too.

Since you can still get a game in Frantic by organizing it beforehand, though, I'm in favor of keeping Frantic in the OP, at least for a little while longer. Get rid of GAF vs. GAF, though.

Roo

Keep 'em there man. We play Frantic time to time. Just need to arrange with everyone to join Frantic.
Yeah, my comment was more towards getting rid of the GvsG tournament :p
There was a battle tournament at launch but it flopped so hard we decided to remove it from the OP.

big_z

so I just looked at the google doc and its over 700 people long. I don't think I've seen a gaf list that big before.

how do the online lobbys work in this? can you have a ton of people in one room then the game splits them off into groups of 12?

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Got two triple reds in a row at the end, but still couldn't win.

But wow. If I wanted to increase my VR quick, guess this is the way to do it.

EDIT: Well, that lightning totally fucked me over.

Exentryk

Lol. This room is pretty much GAF now XD

Also, that bomb on 3rd lap completely ruined my chances. And Hypno's Piranha kept taking bites on me afterwards XD

EDIT - Dat GAF trio on top :D

Top Bottom