• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Lol. Love it when I'm far enough ahead that I can still win even when I'm blue-shelled.

With that win I think I'm going to call it a night. GGs, all.

SM239

lol at Dark firehopping. Glad he got knocked back a few places lol

Dark also confirmed my suspicions that you can indeed dodge a blue shell with a mushroom

SM239

Yeah, I've dodged a blue with a mushroom before. It definitely works. Hell, someone was claiming you can do it with just a coin with the max speed setup.

Pro stuff mate :D

With a coin!? That's like some frame perfect stuff right there. The mushroom I can understand been doing that since DD. But a coin!?

Exentryk

With a coin!? That's like some frame perfect stuff right there. The mushroom I can understand been doing that since DD. But a coin!?

The person said you had to release a SMT, plus use a coin and hop at the same time the blue impacts. With the highest speed setup and with 10 coins, you can dodge. Dunno if true though.

Also, 3 reds in 2nd? >_>

SM239

Hmm... Lightning still takes away your items even if you have a star

Edit: Wtf at that start I was in last because of a bad start and somehow two red shells came from behind and hit me

Edit 2: I'll end on a high note with that anti blue shell victory. GGs everybody

Dr Prob

Banned
If you fall off the track (or unfortunately get knocked/shelled off) you shouldn't keep your item. You just appear out of thin air as a DEADLY ROADBLOCK FUCK YOU and end up being rewarded for what may very well have been incompetence.

Four times! Four times in that room I was sent down into the abyss due to these shenanigans. Three times because of piranha plants and once because I don't even know what that was. Get Nintendo on the line!

Greenymac

If you fall off the track (or unfortunately get knocked/shelled off) you shouldn't keep your item. You just appear out of thin air as a DEADLY ROADBLOCK FUCK YOU and end up being rewarded for what may very well have been incompetence.

Four times! Four times in that room I was sent down into the abyss due to these shenanigans. Three times because of piranha plants and once because I don't even know what that was. Get Nintendo on the line!

Mmmmmmm, the smell of rage on a Sunday morning. I LOVE IT! Will be online after the F1 race.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
why I always end up in some slowarse 50cc WW race? I'm so used to Gaf's 150cc it's a pain in the butt to calculate how to drift so goddamn slowly

Hey everyone, I just joined GAF and I am ready to get my Kart on. I couldn't sit back and watch you guys have all the fun!

My NNID is Beren9. Feel free to add me on your Friend List. Just shoot me a PM so that I know you're from GAF.

Can't wait to start racing!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My hands have been hurting a bit using the gamepad to play so I just ordered a pro controller from Play Asia (fantastic deal, £26 total). I suffer with a trapped nerve in my elbow and it has flared up since buying the Wii U so hopefully it helps. I was planning to buy the SSB bundle with the GC controller but I won't bother now, I'll just use the pro controller for that as well.

That Yoshi's Valley race was a complete mess from beginning to end. Some spectacularly sloppy driving from me didn't help.

So for my first time GAFkarting, I don't think I did too badly! Placed all over, and even got first once!

But that comm error is my cue to take a break for the day. That was fun everyone.

The hell? I got pushed by Toad of all characters!

Time For Adventure

Captain-Toad-E3-Reveal-3-1280x720.jpg

Top Bottom