• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

JoeM86

Just had a few good races.

On one, a friend and I were vying for first in Cloudtop Cruise, and we both inexplicably got the Super Horn and both used at the exact same time on a jump. I'm still laughing because of it.

Will get my friend to upload it.

did I warp back to May 30 when the track was still fresh?

Electrodrome is a shit track because nothing happens.

True.
Overrated POS

You guys/gals are crazy. The shortcut by the finish line is where stuff is supposed to and does happen. I've personally ruined people's days there with a well placed red shell or some lightning hehehe.

I'm far more disappointed when one of the N64 tracks that's not Royal Raceway or RR64 show up.

On the subject of RR64 I was watching a replay of one of my just finished races there on a loop and I was positively getting lost in all the little details in the town below. I could definitely see Toad's Harbor off in the distance so are there any other landmarks for tracks in the game down there that I missed? Is that lighthouse also in Toad's Harbor?
Electrodrome is a step above Toad's Turnpike

drift heeeeere, then drift the other waaaaaaay, long stretch where nothing ever happens...track splits in two splitting up the racers so nothing ever happens...its impossible to fall off this track unlike rainbow road or whatever...big easy drift for the finish...zzzzz
Well this explains why I like it so much, I can actually drive there as opposed to the other tracks where all my time is being spent playing bumper karts >_<

Electrodrome is a step above Toad's Turnpike

drift heeeeere, then drift the other waaaaaaay, long stretch where nothing ever happens...track splits in two splitting up the racers so nothing ever happens...its impossible to fall off this track unlike rainbow road or whatever...big easy drift for the finish...zzzzz

hunnies28

Hello guys, quick question. Do you get anything for obtaining three stars in all cups? I got them today and a quick message was display but I was pressing A and didn't read it.

TheContact

Is she using gamepad tilt controls? I would suggest using a wiimote + wii wheel. I had some sensitivity issues when using the gamepad. maybe it's just so large, it's hard to really turn quick

Nope she's using just the Wii mote. She doesn't like the wheel.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
there's someone in this GAF room of 5 people fire hopping hahaha. Some people man.

What's wrong with that? I don't personally do it but if someone wants to perfect the technique and use it good for them. Nintendo should fix it but they most likely won't so I'm not going to get upset about it. Most people who do it can't do it properly anyway.

Zemm

What's wrong with that? I don't personally do it but if someone wants to perfect the technique and use it good for them. Nintendo should fix it but they most likely won't so I'm not going to get upset about it. Most people who do it can't do it properly anyway.

Because it's a GAF room with only 5 people? Do it on worldwide, I don't care, I thought GAF rooms would be clean of that shit. There's two people doing it now.

Ysiadmihi

Banned

The "technique" of hopping left and right.

I guess if you go through the arduous 10 seconds it takes to master that you deserve to reap the benefits.

Cause it's an exploit that takes 1 try to "perfect the technique"

Grizzo

Grizzo's mii has the best facial hair

he gets all the hot Miiverse chicks I imagine

haha yeah I'm such a hot-shot

duane_zps957746f9.gif

...not really though, that's about the only friend request I've received in the last few months:

it says "do you want to be my friend and then we'll call each other?", but I think she's like 13 so I just ignored it.

Anyway, I'm going online right now in case anybody's up for some races!

Albo

I'm glad I held onto that super horn the whole match. All those red shells and blue shells were making my ass sore.

Owzers

Is there any tips to getting worldwide online matches to work? I keep getting errors when i try to play that mode, only regional matches work.

Top Bottom