• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

DaBoss

I see people are not a fan of me driving straight. I will stop then. :p

Also, a useful tip. Hitting someone who has stopped with a red shell that you will definitely pass without using the red shell is a waste you know. :(

Azure J

I'm watching my brother play with you all and my God the fuckery you all unleashed on the last part of Dolphin Shoals was incredible. Hitting my boy with a star as Lakitu dropped him on the stage? LOLOLOLOL

I see people are not a fan of me driving straight. I will stop then. :p

Also, a useful tip. Hitting someone who has stopped with a red shell that you will definitely pass without using the red shell is a waste you know. :(

A lot of people just spam their items right after the item boxes. That's how I got hit at least 6 times without moving and rage quit earlier

w00zey

What are you using setup wise for most time trials? I like metal peach, cosmic slips, yoshi bike, cloud glider but I'm not sure it will make it the easiest.

Exentryk

What are you using setup wise for most time trials? I like metal peach, cosmic slips, yoshi bike, cloud glider but I'm not sure it will make it the easiest.

TT's are all about speed, so go for the highest speed setup that you can handle. But the staff ghosts are quite weak, so lower speed setups can win easily too.

I did all mine with my normal race set up, which is Rosalina, Comet, Slicks, and Acc Glider.

DaBoss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPoVYFXsJPQ

Laugh at my misery. Nearly the whole 30 sec is about that last stretch.

I did my patented rage losing after I got squished. I guarantee you if the game had good netcode I wouldn't have landed on that red shell someone was dragging.

And there was already a blue shell used before on someone else, so this is just getting Mario Kart Wii in here.

Burning Justice

the superior princess

Generally Bowser/Gold Standard/Slick/Gold Glider. Slim instead of Slick on certain courses where I need a bit more traction or underwater speed.

There are two courses where I use a totally different setup, though--Dolphin Shoals, in which underwater speed is much more important than land speed, and Sherbet Land, where good traction is absolutely essential.

Nyoro SF

It feels like I already forgot everything I learned yesterday about inside drift :{

Inside drift, basically I always thought of as "hug the corner", where external drift is to treat a corner like a slingshot.

Hope that helps.

I really like playing racing games with inside drift, I'm playing Sonic All Stars randomly here and there and I hate the drifting in that game

Exentryk

Inside drifting feels like cheating in this game, as I feel the tracks are designed for outside drifting, and most corners that would be challenging for outside drifting vehicles are a piece of cake with inside drifting ones.

Azure J

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPoVYFXsJPQ

Laugh at my misery. Nearly the whole 30 sec is about that last stretch.

I did my patented rage losing after I got squished. I guarantee you if the game had good netcode I wouldn't have landed on that red shell someone was dragging.

And there was already a blue shell used before on someone else, so this is just getting Mario Kart Wii in here.

ilKwV29RHWdQc.gif

ffdgh

Inside drifting feels like cheating in this game, as I feel the tracks are designed for outside drifting, and most corners that would be challenging for outside drifting vehicles are a piece of cake with inside drifting ones.

Gotta love the acceleration/handling boost inside drift gives. Makes it hard to go back to faster karts lol.

Azure J

Gotta love the acceleration/handling boost inside drift gives. Makes it hard to go back to faster karts lol.

It's pretty much this + the fact that my favorite current setup (Sports Bike/Slicks/MKTV Parafoil) looks (kinda) like an orange version of Kaneda's Bike™ why I just can't do karts anymore. :lol

ffdgh

It's pretty much this + the fact that my favorite current setup (Sports Bike/Slicks/MKTV Parafoil) looks like an orange version of Kaneda's Bike™ why I just can't do karts anymore. :lol

My only problem? Heavy midweights and above are the only ones who don't have wasted acceleration from them =/

Oh and the babies too.

Exentryk

My only problem? Heavy midweights and above are the only ones who don't have wasted acceleration from them =/

Oh and the babies too.

The heaviest class can only reach 2.5 or 2.75 accel, so that excess is getting wasted. But 2 accel is still pretty good.

Top Bottom