• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Feltrol

Banned
Aww yiss!

fc,220x200,white.jpg

Fbh

When are you guys playing?
I've been trying with the gaf tournament for the past few days can't find anyone.

I miss you guys. Playing with "regular" people is no fun.
I just came in first like 10 times in a row, I miss struggling to make it into the top 6.

Jeramii

Banned
oh my god. i had my greatest moment in mario kart yet!

guy had the mario kart 8 special item (don't know the name of it), with the bomb, star, shell, etc circling around you.

drove up on him, stole that shit. and got a death stare out of Rosalina. Soooo good.

Video: http://instagram.com/p/pncTCdE3AK/

deathstare.JPG

BizzyBum

Damn, people in the GAF room are about 50x better than matchmaking. Most times I'm in top 3, in GAF I struggle to even get top 6.

Blues1990

From the 8 matches that I've played as Lemmy Koopa, I was able to get into 1st place four times, three times in 2nd, once in 6th place. Not bad, especially since most of my opponents were playing as Waluigi & Rosalina.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
It's the Sports Bike actually superior to karts? I'm trying to get used to using them and having a hell of a time adapting to the drift.
They take some getting used to (you need to train yourself to start your drifts later than you would with and outside-drift vehicle), but I'm much more consistent with them than I am with karts. It's easier to take drifts tightly with them, since there isn't as much need to set up your drifts.

They take some getting used to (you need to train yourself to start your drifts later than you would with and outside-drift vehicle), but I'm much more consistent with them than I am with karts. It's easier to take drifts tightly with them, since there isn't as much need to set up your drifts.
Interesting. I guess I just need to do some time trials and get the hang of it. Thanks!

Roo

I tried to do the Grumble Volcano shortcut and it's pretty tricky. The ramp faces a total different direction than the section where you're supposed to land on.

Roo

I'm done for tonight.
The game keeps using the same fucking tracks over and over..Wario stadium, bowser's castle, rainbow road, Electroshit, Yoshi valley... getting tired of it.
GGs everyone.

Davey Cakes

Played some worldwide matches with my brother last night.

I think I got 3rd once. Pretty much every other time it was 6th or worse.

Brutal climate out there. If you're not on-the-ball, amazing, and lucky, you'll one moment see the entire pack in front of you, only to see that they've completely vanished the next. If you don't get up to the front in the first lap (first 20 seconds of the race, even) then you're done.

It's fun but frustrating at times to basically have NO CHANCE of good placing after a single slip up.

Played some worldwide matches with my brother last night.

I think I got 3rd once. Pretty much every other time it was 6th or worse.

Brutal climate out there. If you're not on-the-ball, amazing, and lucky, you'll one moment see the entire pack in front of you, only to see that they've completely vanished the next. If you don't get up to the front in the first lap (first 20 seconds of the race, even) then you're done.

It's fun but frustrating at times to basically have NO CHANCE of good placing after a single slip up.

About 90% of this game is lucked based and is usually determined within the first few seconds of the race starting. Either you break away from the pack and get coins or you get swallowed up by it and stuck with a bad item lol.

Finalow

I guess I could join a gaf race or just go and try to play online, although I'm pretty sure that at the moment I'm not good at this game.

Can someone tell me what the fairness level is of MK8?

I'm hesitating to buy this because MKWii en MK7 could be so unfair.
I understand that Mario Kart always will have some sort of luck to it, but the previous games were more frustrating then fun to me.

ffdgh

Can someone tell me what the fairness level is of MK8?

I'm hesitating to buy this because MKWii en MK7 could be so unfair.
I understand that Mario Kart always will have some sort of luck to it, but the previous games were more frustrating then fun to me.

Ehh...you probably wouldn't enjoy this either.

Top Bottom