• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

DooD1234

What a horrible night to race. Red shelled as soon as I get a decent lead. I was fuming throughout the night. Ah well time to blow some steam with shovel knight.

ffdgh

I'll check if I'm 4+ weight, maybe not. I was using metal mario + pipe frame + off-road + normal glider.
probably a shitty combo.

Actually that's a great combo lol. Plenty of speed and weight but a bit on the wide side. Prefer using standard bike or wild wiggler since they have the same stats but are slimmer.

May want to switch to slick wheels too.

Finalow

Actually that's a great combo lol. Plenty of speed and weight but a bit on the wide side. Prefer using standard bike or wild wiggler since they have the same stats but are slimmer.
oh, good to know. I actually started to use the pipe frame 'cause it looked great but it also had some very high speed (not the highest iirc) and pretty much the same reason for the tires.
I could try the bike, never used them online yet.

ffdgh

oh, good to know. I actually started to use the pipe frame 'cause it looked great but it also had some very high speed (not the highest iirc) and pretty much the same reason for the tires.
I could try the bike, never used them online yet.

Standard bike, varmint, and flame rider control like karts so it shouldn't take too much time to adjust to them.

I feel like they should go back to the Double Dash way of holding items if there's going to be 12 people on the track. It's very difficult to pass someone even if you're outracing them.

And thanks for that red shell, jesse. :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Y'all!

GdzOvLK.gif

Timeaisis

I feel like they should go back to the Double Dash way of holding items if there's going to be 12 people on the track. It's very difficult to pass someone even if you're outracing them.

And thanks for that red shell, jesse. :p

If there's one thing I hate about this game, it's item dragging.

If there's one thing I hate about this game, it's item dragging.

I notice it a lot more in this than I did in MK7, which I spent a lot of time with online. So I'm going to guess it's the bump up to 12 players that makes it more noticeable. Not entirely sure.

It's not game-breaking or anything, but I definitely run into a lot of stuff while trying to pass people.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I notice it a lot more in this than I did in MK7, which I spent a lot of time with online. So I'm going to guess it's the bump up to 12 players that makes it more noticeable. Not entirely sure.

It's not game-breaking or anything, but I definitely run into a lot of stuff while trying to pass people.

Same here. Early in races now the moment I see someone ahead of me I just think "I know I'm gonna run into that" and lo and behold I end up either going too fast and can't avoid it or I get pushed right on it.

I was small. I saw Timeaisis fall off the bridge. I pass. He comes back and squishes me. And then everyone runs a train on me and keeps squishing my tiny Kong.

Top Bottom