• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

I just bailed out. Was fun. I'm pretty content to drag ass and occupy the 12-8 slots for the off chance I get to snipe a spot in the top 5 every now and again.

My reflexes aren't what they used to be but on the other hand I'm WAY more zen about the art of Kart than I've ever been :)

Chiramii

I'm tired of my Wii U freezing almost every day, so I'm sending my console to Bergsala to hopefully get it replaced. See you on the track in about 2 weeks!

Koodo

Banned
Who is the obese mario.

ip1o3Yakssc4d.gif

Dr Prob

Banned
My reflexes aren't what they used to be but on the other hand I'm WAY more zen about the art of Kart than I've ever been :)

That's not a positive development, it's a warning sign of Low T. Maybe hit up Prescott Pharmaceuticals for some of that good. If your daughter grows a beard, the dosage is spot on.

Good to see some new faces around here. Welcome! Good luck!

Feel like I saw this posted here, but couldn't find it. Caught myself rocking out a little too hard :D

mmxzero

Fun racing tonight everyone. I'll be looking to play in the Frantic tourney tomorrow, played that over the weekend and it was pretty great
I got creamed by the infamous bullet train

A month now after release, how many hours does anyone have on MK8? I'm at 76 hours already haha. Thats the most Ive played a game in that short of a time span in quite a while.

Chiramii

Got my GAF username changed. Hopefully Roo or Oric could get it changed on the spreadsheet as well.

Shibishirasu -> Chiramii

Roo

Uhhh, I hope I won't be a target for you for a couple of races I hope? Cuz I have my fair share of horrible races. I just don't share those replays lol.

Nah, I was kidding :p
Actually, I slowed down when I saw the blue shell coming in an attempt to take you down with me. It didn't work, and apparently by a long shot.

Only people who hate on Grumble Volcano are my sworn enemies so you're good :)
we're good, right? >:D

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably approaching 150 hours. This is like Wii U's Melee for me.

You would think I'd be better, having played that much.

DooD1234

Nah, I was kidding :p
Actually, I slowed down when I saw the blue shell coming in an attempt to take you down with me. It didn't work, and apparently by a long shot.

Only people who hate on Grumble Volcano are my sworn enemies so you're good :)
we're good, right? >:D

Yeah, almost had me too lol. And I'm pretty neutral bout grumble volcano so we should be good. I don't know what you be doing sometimes to get so far ahead if the pack and away from the clusterfuck of items in the middle...must be the luigi death stare, no one wants to be near him

Dr Prob

Banned
GV is a weird course. Shit in mainline MKW because of the glitch, yet also the setting for one of the best monthly tourneys (kart only, backwards). Surely there's a better vid, but not with my cameo!

In MK8 it's decent on its own but with the item dragging and weight bumping coupled with the dynamic shrinkage in places (cool in theory, not so much in practice) it can be a headache. Also the music seems SUPER LOUD. Still not bottom tier imo. That's like Music Park territory. No one wants to race there.

What happened to the monthly tourneys?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
GV is a weird course. Shit in mainline MKW because of the glitch, yet also the setting for one of the best monthly tourneys (kart only, backwards). Surely there's a better vid, but not with my cameo!

In MK8 it's decent on its own but with the item dragging and weight bumping coupled with the dynamic shrinkage in places (cool in theory, not so much in practice) it can be a headache. Also the music seems SUPER LOUD. Still not bottom tier imo. That's like Music Park territory. No one wants to race there.

What happened to the monthly tourneys?

Music Park is low tier.

Toad's Turnpike and Dry Dry Desert are bottom tier. I'd have put Dolphin Shoals there too but my Bowser setup does better there.

Want to try to race. Not sure if the breaker is going to let me without tripping...

Finally joined Exen and I get an error. A sign, maybe.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Got to second, GREEN SHELLS. Figures!

Again. GREEN SHELLS. Except I wasn't in second. Nerf greens! Also, damn it. I didn't want to pick the desert.

Kind of wish I could switch to Waluigi without quitting. Not fast enough on the straightaways with this setup, can't draft and keep getting drafted on.

Phil S.

Banned
Hello all. Is it the first GAF room being played in or the Frantic Mode GAF room? Or is it the GAF vs. GAF room? I'd love to try a race with all of you.

Top Bottom