• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

I want one race tonight where I'm not shelled going into a corner and then everybody behind me doesn't nail me with all their items...I think that's too much to ask for though...lol

Doorman

Okay, I'm out for tonight. I just threw my controller after that Wario Stadium finish and I think that means I need to cut myself off.

Thanks for the soul-crushing GAF, it was fun.

Edit: Don't blame me for the comm error! I voted before I left! D:

daydream

Banned
1 week in how many hours does everyone have in according to the activity log? I'm at 30, a bit under my first week of Mario Golf actually.

60h+, game is crazy addictive. And I didn't even play today. I'll be very busy over the weekend so I'll have to do by my best to abstain.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember as a kid I loved to just play Time Trial and explore the courses...

Even though Lakitu restricts you a bit more here, I've been doing that a bit tonight with Mario Kart 8 just to admire the scenery. It's amazing how BIG and far each background stretches, would love to just explore it.

I remember as a kid I loved to just play Time Trial and explore the courses...

Even though Lakitu restricts you a bit more here, I've been doing that a bit tonight with Mario Kart 8 just to admire the scenery. It's amazing how BIG and far each background stretches, would love to just explore it.

Yep. As a matter of fact, I need to get back to doing that. I've only really explored Water Park and Royal Raceway.

Azure J

>Mess up a drift on the last section of Donut Plains (this fucking stage)
>Bowser randomly shows up in front of me with a Mii character
>Smashed him with a Green Shell
>He is magically transported forward past the finish line in front of me at top speed in his hitstun animation

Mario. Kart.™

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Anyone with tips about balance?

So help a rusty player out here, people: am I correct in concluding that with so many ways to boost acceleration isn't *that* important? I'm starting to lean more on speed and handling. Weight ain't that bad either.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What is wrong with you? That's like the worst new course.

Anyway, good games to those four or five people I was playing with! I'm out.

what sorcery is this

It's sooo good. The drifts never get old to pull off.

Anyone with tips about balance?

I'm doing pretty well online with terrible acceleration, so yeah I agree. In the lower places the game hands out mushrooms like candy, so I always save one if I see a red shell. There's a lot of spaces on the maps where you get an instant boost so I try to stay close to them if at all possible when a blue shell comes even if I have to completely stop.

Weight is also pretty important at the match start to push people out of the way and get the fastest drift.

SCReuter

>Mess up a drift on the last section of Donut Plains (this fucking stage)
>Bowser randomly shows up in front of me with a Mii character
>Smashed him with a Green Shell
>He is magically transported forward past the finish line in front of me at top speed in his hitstun animation

Mario. Kart.™

That Mii character is me.

Edit: I was wondering why you went way off to the left just before the finish line.

Azure J

Rainbow Road 8 when you get nothing but Mushrooms = HARDEST MODE.

That shit was fun as fuck though, 7th place or not. I'm going to master that course at F-Zero speed.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Rainbow Road 8 when you get nothing but Mushrooms = HARDEST MODE.

That shit was fun as fuck though, 7th place or not. I'm going to master that course at F-Zero speed.

If you nail the shortcuts mushrooms actually help a lot.

...but it's less fun skipping the funnest turns.

Top Bottom