• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Regiruler

\I'm doing pretty well online with terrible acceleration, so yeah I agree. In the lower places the game hands out mushrooms like candy, so I always save one if I see a red shell. There's a lot of spaces on the maps where you get an instant boost so I try to stay close to them if at all possible when a blue shell comes even if I have to completely stop.

Weight is also pretty important at the match start to push people out of the way and get the fastest drift.

Counterpoint: if you're good/lucky enough, low weight can actually be a benefit in propelling you further from other people's hits, provided they hit you from behind.

That and acceleration is crucial early game as well as in a Lightning scenario.

sonto340

Alright GAF I'm in a lobby. I'm playing as Metal Mario.
Maybe I can actually finish in the first half of a race tonight. GAF cc does not mess around.

RomanceDawn

Who is B Justice?! Show yourself! I'll get you next time Justice. Next time...

Oh and I've come to realize GAF tourney is harder to deal with than a World Wide.

Man, is it just me or is 150cc harder than usual? In mario kart 7 I could get 1st place all day with my eyes closed but in Mario Kart 8 I'm actually struggling. Maybe I'm just still getting used to the new stuff.

Feltrol

Banned
6K93Dz8.jpg

All characters unlocked, too! Back to online. :)

Top Bottom