• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Seriously, how do you guys pull so far ahead? I ran a few near flawless races (by my standards, lol) and managed to finish 4th a couple times with 1st place still not even in sight. Is it because their karts have better max speed? They are taking better turns than the rest of us? Out with it!

Probably the same reason some people can just outplay others all day in ping pong no matter how many techniques you learn. Super crazy good timing and coordination. You might get that drift timed pretty well, but they got it a bit better and over time all those slight improvements over you add up to a lot of distance

Or maybe I'm just spouting bullshit because I don't really know much about competitive mario kart racing

Azuran

Banned
Connection error mid-race. That's a new one for me.

Anyways, that's my cue to head to bed. Great races folks. Always a joy playing with you crazy and aggressive bastards :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
man, yesterday I was playing and was in 3rd. got a fucking banana. A FUCKING banana.

I threw that shit in desperation, on a straight. I was right fucking behind wario, I throw it, he hits it and I laugh like a crazy person, wario spins 360 and waves his hands like a dickhead, then carries right on driving. I don't even pass him and am left in a state of confusion as we both slide round the final corner and I cross the line almost the exact distance behind him as when I threw that god damned banana.

I've never had such a mario kart roller coaster of emotions

WTF A BANANA THIS CANT HELP ME WIN
followed by my throw to nail the guy in second. tears of happiness
guy doesn't even slow down and beats me by the exact distance I should have beaten him in a FAIR FUCKING WORLD
tears of sad

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder how long it will take to Nintendo to fix the glitch.. and the frame drop thing in singleplayer.

glitch?
edit: one of my favorite stages is mt wario. but everytime in the forest. I'm boosting into a tree. every god damned time.

I have never really been a huge Mario Kart fan, the only one I played was Mario Kart DS in single player. ( which I thought was fun but nothing amazing)
I am tempted to get this though ( especially with the free game, which will be pikmin 3), but again I will probably play single player. So is it still fun in single player?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I have never really been a huge Mario Kart fan, the only one I played was Mario Kart DS in single player. ( which I thought was fun but nothing amazing)
I am tempted to get this though ( especially with the free game, which will be pikmin 3), but again I will probably play single player. So is it still fun in single player?
I'd say try a demo at a kiosk if you can. Sine you don't really like the series and don't want to play online, it's not going to be as awesome. It's a game that is more fun with others for sure

I'd say try a demo at a kiosk if you can. Sine you don't really like the series and don't want to play online, it's not going to be as awesome. It's a game that is more fun with others for sure

I wouldn't say I dislike the series.It's just that I never played the series until more recent years, which is why the DS version was the first and only game I played of the series.

I wouldn't say I dislike the series.It's just that I never played the series until more recent years, which is why the DS version was the first and only game I played of the series.

The single player in MK8 doesn't have mission mode.

I've had a lot of fun in grand prixs and trying to beat the staff ghosts in time trial mode. If the free game with it is something you really want, the total package will be an amazing value. The $60 full price for just this game may have felt a tiny bit steep if I had no interest in multiplayer, however.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Nooooooooo blue shelllllllllll nooooooooooo

The game is made for multiplayer though I'd say and if you're uninterested in that, I'm not too sure I'd recommend it unless you has kids or someone to play local

Top Bottom