• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

505zoom

Here is a quick little 30 second video showing what I mean about my boost coming on so much later than the top ghosts:

http://www.twitch.tv/505zoom/c/4408750

Note: I kicked it out wider than him on these 2 runs to show just how far down the straight I am before the orange boost kicks in. I've started the turn and hit the apex exactly the same as he does, and am not even close to getting orange when he takes off. Always the same spot halfway down the straight no matter what I do with the inward/outward (tried stick, d-pad, and tilt).

I think my WiiU is broken. Yeah, that MUST be it. :)

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Your lining with it is awesome from everything I've seen so far. At first I wanted to blame it on Bowser being the speed beast he is, but then I stuck behind you all game on Bowsers Castle and saw that wasn't the case.
Haha, thanks. You were Chris, right? You're pretty damn good yourself.

ChrisD

Why is character change in lobby not a thing. I finally get to race Papercuts and I'm experimenting. Ugh, Nintendo.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Here's a silly, yet long overdo question: If a certain stat doesn't cross a tier line the bonus is negligible? i.e. 3.5 and 3.0 in speed are the same?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Here's a silly, yet long overdo question: If a certain stat doesn't cross a tier line the bonus is negligible? i.e. 3.5 and 3.0 in speed are the same?

Apparently this happens to acceleration, so anything after a full bar is wasted. But only that.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Why is character change in lobby not a thing. I finally get to race Papercuts and I'm experimenting. Ugh, Nintendo.
Just back out, then rejoin him from the recent players list (within Friends). I used to do it a lot back when I was trying out different builds.

ChrisD

It's an option but it's not enabled in this tourney

...why? Lol, that's almost even worse than it not being an option. Does it add extra loading?

Edit: The back out/rejoin is something I use, but every time I do it seems the lobby fills. Maybe I should here. The lobby has stayed pretty low for a few races.

Damn, this game really could use better voice chat options and a party system. Using Skype is fine,but I'd rather just have a mic that isn't attached to the WiiU gamepad
:p

Top Bottom