• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

CozMick

Banned
Fire Hopping GAF. Yay or nay?

Probably beating a dead horse by now but from where im sitting the majority in global/regional don't even use it.

Plus....

I have the worst damn luck in GAF tourney. I mean seriously am I the only person that consistently flies around the second to last corner in 2nd and manages to finish 10th? :(

ChrisD

Probably beating a dead horse by now but from where im sitting the majority in global/regional don't even use it.

Plus....

I have the worst damn luck in GAF tourney. I mean seriously am I the only person that consistently flies around the second to last corner in 2nd and manages to finish 10th? :(

I don't use it in GAF. Feels wrong. Regional/WW though? All is fair.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So Mirror Cups aren't as confusing as I feared. Two and three starred the three first mirror cups on first go.

Listening to Papercut's sound advice about opting for acceleration, so I'm driving Daisy, Mr. Scooter, Button Wheels and Standard Parachute. Gives me 5 acceleration and handling which is extremely fun to drive with too. Dat 2 speed though, but it's not as much of a problem with AI drivers as I thought it would be

Wonder how it would work online :p

ChrisD

Anyone know how to get that speed boost where a burst of air surrounds your kart during a race?

That's a Draft. It happens whenever you hang behind someone for around... A second and a half or two. It always happens at the worst time though.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dolphin Shoals is always a complete clusterfuck.

But GGs everyone! Almost 5am here so I'm gonna stop. Except Xtortion. And Albo's Bowser who kept pushing me.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
That's a Draft. It happens whenever you hang behind someone for around... A second and a half or two. It always happens at the worst time though.

Yup, it's almost always a guranteed fall off, unless there's a long straight passage ahead

Ricky 7

Plus....

Doesn't help that much tbh especially not in multiplayer.

Gattuso

you should probably do something about this quickly growing gap ohlawd
ibywrQKrnwdXpI.jpg

Koren

What is it?

I mean seriously am I the only person that consistently flies around the second to last corner in 2nd and manages to finish 10th? :(
You're not. It happend to me several times yesterday evening. E.g. on the beach track, I was a 2nd just 5m from the 1st when leaving the beach and entering the mud area before the finish line, then I received (I think) a red, a star, a green, a plant. I didn't even reached the finish line.

Top Bottom