• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

ramparter

Banned
So after a week, how would you compare this title with the 3 previous installments (MK DS is my favourite by far)?

I havent decided whether I'm gonna buy a Wii U or a 3DS next, this may affect my decision...

Prototype

So after a week, how would you compare this title with the 3 previous installments (MK DS is my favourite by far)?

I havent decided whether I'm gonna buy a Wii U or a 3DS next, this may affect my decision...

online is a blast.

single player is seriously lacking in content & features, plus the UI needs major work. it's a pain to find any times on tracks, you have to check each one individually.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm

AFAIC, I stopped playing 3DS more than a year ago, while Wii U is always on. If you consider to play mostly outside of your house, a handheld is obviously a better choice (consider the Vita as well). But if you play mostly at home, Wii U games are bigger, better and can be played with family/friends. And MK8 online is too good to pass up.

Kangi

Item roulette glitch is getting on my nerves. Hard to hold a place when the people behind you get items a good five seconds earlier than you do.

Item roulette glitch is getting on my nerves. Hard to hold a place when the people behind you get items a good five seconds earlier than you do.

Is there a glitch? In every Mario Kart I just press the item button when it spins to make it stop faster...

Kangi

Is there a glitch? In every Mario Kart I just press the item button when it spins to make it stop faster...
Some races online they will last extraordinarily long, pressing or no pressing. Isn't fun, but then again I suppose it's better than the incidents of falling through the ground.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Some races online they will last extraordinarily long, pressing or no pressing. Isn't fun, but then again I suppose it's better than the incidents of falling through the ground.
Yeah, I've also had that happen to me a number of times. Very annoying. And then, as I'm mashing the button, sometimes it DOES stop suddenly, and I accidentally use the item.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I've also had that happen to me a number of times. Very annoying. And then, as I'm mashing the button, sometimes it DOES stop suddenly, and I accidentally use the item.

This happened to me once with a horn in first place, where a blue shell later came. I wanted to cry.

Exentryk

My power ups are stuffed, as in the roll won't stop quickly for ALL of the powerups. Might have to disconnect.

Time for a break I guess. Be back later, GAF. Good games.

ffdgh

Of course. Fuck the baby characters.
chris-hansen.jpg

Sorry for randomly in dropping in and out earlier had stuff to do.

Good news is I have a long weekend so its 3 days of MK
maybe some W101
work then the day off for e3. Woohoo!

Top Bottom