• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Grizzo

What if all the DLC is released as free patches subsidized by product placement?

I want to believe, but I really don't think we're gonna get any new tracks. Not even any new characters :(

It's just gonna be some Mercedes car and little things like that from time to time (like every 3 months or something).

Berordn

How do you not like Music Park? A combination of an interesting visual design, good music and a simple, straight forward track make for a nice race.

Being completely unchanged from MK7 kills it for me, personally. That's the big issue I have with the tracks from 7, they're all still fresh in my head and feel like a letdown here.

Roo

lmao I ran over the eagle in Shy Guy Falls.
For those wondering, it makes the same noise like that bird from Super Mario Galaxy lol

Colby

I'm constantly placing in the bottom two or three in every online race. Can I please have some quick tips to not suck so bad? I'm pretty sure I'm not drifting right. I hold my drifts for a long time, and the extra boost slowly builds. Should I be drifting harder to get those boosts faster?

DLC characters would certainly be cool but having 30 to begin with is pretty good already. I'd definitely prefer DLC courses, and I'd love to see them add in some proper battle arenas via DLC.
Id say if they included 5 characters(for each weight class) and an additional cup as a pack that'd be pretty good. They could have each cup include 2 originals and 2 Retros. Have three packs spread out between summer until the holiday season where they release an ultimate version with all the DLC included for the Holidays. The characters could include:

Light:
Prof. E Gadd, Sprixie, and Dry Bones

Medium-Light:
Cranky Kong, Kamek, and Nabbit

Medium:
Diddy, Dixie and Bowser Jr.

Medium-Heavy:
Birdo, Dry Bones Bowser, and Plessie

Heavy:
King Boo, Petey Piranha and Honey Queen Bee

Roo

I'm playing on the GamePad right now. I love it.

That's correct!

Feltrol is also my NNID, in case you want to add me. :)

All-time Gamepad user here. What's the problem? I suggest avoiding looking down to the screen.

THIS! Off tv play is easily the games hidden hard mode
My TV is not available at the moment so I decided to go with the gamepad. I guess I miss tons of details so it's hard for me to keep up. I'm playing like a total noob lol

Vylash

you toad turnpike fans disgust me

some of the retro choices are weird. Like, did we really need two fuckin' rainbow roads? Two Mario Circuits? Don't Royal Raceway and Donut Plains fill that nostaglia/old school map spot already?

This is why i will forever resent Mario Kart 7, we could've had HD Koopa Cape, Mushroom Gorge, Maple Treeway, and Coconut Mall, but they were wasted on that game

Just splurged on a Wii U bundle and got Mario Kart 8 along with a couple of other games. Anyone feel free to add me! I would love to have some new friends :) NNID: Nartman23

Bullza2o

Wow, thanks to the amazon deal I just snagged a new copy for $47.75 after tax (dammit, Cali...). I will soon be joining your ranks!

I'm happy I was able to price match my order to $49 since it was within the 7-day window. It changed back to $60 in like an hour haha.

Azure J

stop reading there, RR64 is boring as hell, goes on forever with very little to do, best anything is laughable. Wii U is better by the simple fact that its short.

good tracks: Most of the new ones
Wario Stadium
Tick-Tock Clock
Donut Plains 3
Grumble Volcano
DK Jungle
Cheep Cheep Beach
Royal Raceway

Rainbow Road Tracks:
Rainbow Road Old and Busted
Rainbow Road New Hotness

Scust tracks:
Bone Dry Dunes
Sweet Sweet Canyon
Moo Moo Meadows
Dry Dry Don't Pick This Track
Piranha Plant Slide
Sherbet Land
Music Park
Yoshi's Valley
Toad's Turnpike

Turn in your Mario Kart jacket b, you're through. Do not pass go, do not collect ten coins. This is the Blue Shell speaking and you're under arrest.

How anyone can hate new RR64 is beyond me. If it were a straight up rip of the empty and long RR64 you'd have a great point especially in a game with shit like Electrodome (and I say this as someone who loved MK64), but this I can't agree with.

Also Music Park gets unfairly ripped on here when shit like Donut Plains and DK Jungle 3DS exist. Sweet Sweet Canyon is cool, it just doesn't have enough "WOW" going for it like some of the later courses. New Toad's Turnpike is godlike but that's not hard to do when OG Toad's Turnpike was fun as fuck. The glider trucks are too awesome.

Top Bottom