• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Berordn

There isn't one but there is a *popular* one that's too common.

Rosalina.....and occasionally roy/waluigi/DK + sports bike + slick or slim or button + an acceleration Glider.

Is inline drifting really that big a deal this time? Seems like it'd make things unnecessarily complicated on some courses. Mainly Rainbow Road 8.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I hate grumble volcano, I get fucking lost there, nobody ever picks it, I don't know the track, I mostly play online, so I rarely play it, and get fucked every time.
You should at least do the time trials for the Golden wheels...

ChrisD

Is inline drifting really that big a deal this time? Seems like it'd make things unnecessarily complicated on some courses. Mainly Rainbow Road 8.

If you can get it to work it helps out a lot online. If you can't, enjoy last place.

Off the track

Where you'll be turning into at every turn

Roo

I hate grumble volcano, I get fucking lost there, nobody ever picks it, I don't know the track, I mostly play online, so I rarely play it, and get fucked every time.
I love it. It's a great track, c'mon.
And trust me, I'll pick it every time I see it there.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Does anyone else's hand hurt like hell after playing so much of this game? I had to take a break yesterday because my right hand is cramping up so much. Holding down the A button for hours on end has proven to be too much for me.

ffdgh

Does anyone else's hand hurt like hell after playing so much of this game? I had to take a break yesterday because my right hand is cramping up so much. Holding down the A button for hours on end has proven to be too much for me.

Hold Y instead. That could fix your problem. There's also the option of holding up on the right analog...on the gamepad.

ohlawd

who uses A?

all about Y.

maybe even the right stick.

Mario Kart 8 is the epitome of Nintendo Magic. I bought an entire system for this game, something I've never done before. So far it's been completely worth it. There's a certain energy with the really good Nintendo games that make me so happy.

These five in particular:

- Mario Kart 8
- Metroid Prime
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Pikmin
- Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Roo

I don't mind it, but I typically come in 5th and below there. I need to learn it better as well >>;
Once you know how it works, it's an amazing track.
I think people don't like it because they still resent all the hacking shit from the Wii version.

Speed karts are faster than sport bikes and can do hop shenanigans to shave off another one to two-ish seconds (depending on the track).

I'm only getting that with the Gamepad. Try the WiiMote + Nunchuck. That's my preferred way to play.

Grizzo

Woah, I crossed the finish line on Electrodome and the music kept going, so I thought I was thinking it wrong and that we were still on lap 2 but that was just the game lagging.

Top Bottom