• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

AdanVC

Literally me

eVGPKSp.jpg

Not really, I need more practice, I'm still finishing most races on 4th. Dem Gaf tourneys.

My issue is, every time I get hit out of first, I get hit about a million more times, lol. Don't think more acceleration will help me take back first.
Ah, I gotcha. No accounting for bad luck I guess haha

I feel you get enough opportunities between items, backdraft, and bumps to mitigate bad acceleration, from there your speed will matter most.
Eh, not in my experience. Getting too far ahead increases chances of blue shells, and high accel helps you get to those boost pads after being hit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm going to the bar and coming back in a few hours for online drunken mario kart.

PREPARE THYSELVES

It seems that other people tend to recover faster from getting hit than I do.

Is it just me justifying my horrible placements or is there some magical technique that lets you recover faster?

Hitting someone with a red shell in midair and seeing them slowly plummet to the ground is so amazing

I know right? :D Was it you who hit me in the Thwomp Ruins right before the finish line mid-air and gave me a heart-attack? :p And am I imagining things or did your Mii change? :eek:

good night Sky

Good night it was fun :) I added you by the way!

It seems that the thread is in 150cc mode, so I'll probably be left behind, but how do I go about adding my name to the GAF community? Is it a google doc type thing or what?

Yeah, quote the OT to see the Google Doc link.

Toad.T

Banned
It seems that the thread is in 150cc mode, so I'll probably be left behind, but how do I go about adding my name to the GAF community? Is it a google doc type thing or what?

gotoadgo

Cannot catch a break today. Every time I get hit it follows immediately with something else. Only time I looked like winning I got hit with 2red shells at once and then as soon as I recovered a blue one nailed me too. About ready to give up for the day.

Vylash

I know right? :D Was it you who hit me in the Thwomp Ruins right before the finish line mid-air and gave me a heart-attack? :p And am I imagining things or did your Mii change? :eek:

Nah that wasn't me, and everyone else was using their actual likeness as their Mii and I felt left out :(

Nah that wasn't me, and everyone else was using their actual likeness as their Mii and I felt left out :(

Ah okay must have been someone else then with a liking for mid-air hits :p And I see :( Now you remind me I should probably update my Mii, it's somewhat my likeness still but I haven't updated it since I got my almost launch day Wii back in 2006... which was 8 years ago... now I feel so very old... :(

Cheers on that. There seems to be 1500+ listed on there, i'm assuming you don't need to add them all to play against GAF at anytime? Because I think the friend limit is like 100 or so?

Just enter the GAF Racing Tournament Code ingame and you can race with us in no time :D

Marlowe89

Cannot catch a break today. Every time I get hit it follows immediately with something else. Only time I looked like winning I got hit with 2red shells at once and then as soon as I recovered a blue one nailed me too. About ready to give up for the day.

Same here. This is probably the worst night I've ever had with online. So many terrible placements in a row it's insane.

HeySeuss

I played a little bit in the GAF tourney earlier before coming to work and the highest I placed was 9th. Man I can't wait for my days off so I van practice more. You guys are so good I'm embarrassed to play some of you...lol.

So much fun though.

Ainaurdur

I am beginning to think it might be nice to set up a GAF room that isn't so prone to utter item stupidity. Would be nice if even the smallest amount of racing skill was worth anything.

I have fun, but constantly getting screwed by the item rng... not as fun as it could be.

I really want to star all Grand Prix before I start playing more online again, but I'm thiiiiiiiis close to snapping my pro controller in half on these mirror Grand Prix.

So how does Mario Kart TV work? I try to add slow motion but it doesn't save into the uploaded clip. Also, it takes forever to upload a 1 minute clip.

Vylash

>2 green shells

>throw one, hits the guy in front of me as he's drifting

>throw the other

>bounces off a wall and hits another guy in front of me

2574046-9812635719-i7NpL.gif

Top Bottom