• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

atr0cious

Just gonna post this and requote it everytime I get dropped.
For new page:
iXCFoiAJxIlRY.png

There's a glitch in the online lobbies of the game. If a person disconnects before voting for a track, the game still thinks that 12 votes are needed instead of 11.
Eventually the game starts the countdown and without the missing vote, it simply crashes disconnecting everyone in the room.
If you're about to leave the room, please select a track before doing so. Don't ruin the fun. It's very annoying so don't be an asshole. Thanks :)

LaNaranja

FUCK THE RUBBERBANDING IN 150CC! AGH!!!!!! I just played the Flower Cup four times and each time I get bombarded with shit thrown at me at the very end of the final lap of the final race.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Outside of the one race I played (and received a ceremonious arse kicking) every other attempt either disconnects in the lobby or during spectating.

I think my net is fucked.

Doorman

I'm sure it's been noticed and pointed out before, but while plowing through some time trials tonight I noticed that when you start on the third lap of Sunshine Airport, you can hear an announcement come over the airport's PA system for a final boarding call.

So many completely unnecessary but extremely charming details they've thrown into this. So nice. c:

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ANOTHER ROOM SLAIN VIA COMMUNICATION

lol that shouldn't have passed you up like that

I've gotten into the habit of waiting to fire red shells after glider segments, I've seen them straight up bypass people like that for some weird ass reason.

Azure J

This was easily the worst Mario Kart 8 I've played since I got the game. Half of it might just be due to being legit shook as to how Papercuts has managed to stay so far out of the realm of vision after getting a lead and switching up to a kart, but man I feel all kinds of down and salty. :(

Also I love the comm errors as much as the next guy, but seeing all the rollback in matches or not getting items on the item roulette until they're too late to matter are pretty "fun" things going on as well.

Azure J

Also, Rm88 rams people like he's racing with Black Gold Bowser instead of Toadette. It's kinda hilarious because it works most times too. :lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just had my first experience with Teams with a NicoNico stream; fun stuff.
Feels great when you got like the top 3 slots and you're just cruising with a ton of items.

Exentryk

Couldn't catch up to Exen with all the red shells being thrown at me.

Yeah, that's why it's really important to take the lead at the start. Any one behind gets slaughtered. Also, did you get 3 reds in 2nd? =/

EDIT - Kept getting coins in Yoshi track. And of course blue and red shells are always chasing. -.-

Azure J

See, this is the sort of metallic cop-out "new character" that I could really get behind.

Every one of the main Mario cast should have gotten some vague mineral alt that didn't eat up a spot.

Metal Mario
Jade Luigi
Pink Gold Peach
Emerald Yoshi
Lapis Lazuli Rosalina
Ebony Gold Bowser
etc.

Top Bottom