• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Been playing this game every night after work since I got it and have no desire to stop.

I don't think the game is perfect by any means, but oh boy Nintendo sure nailed the fun part.

Ninja Dom

How do you save online replays?

When the online race finishes press the + button to save the replay as one of your 6 favourite replays. You'll need an available space in your favourite replays to save it. This is indicated by the star and the number out of 6 in the top left corner after a race.

Migu

How do you save online replays?
When a race ends, there's a + icon that appears on the top left of the screen for a brief while. If you press + then you add the race to your favorites. There are 6 slots. You can then watch them full length again in MKTV (they're at the end of the videos on the MKTV screen).

Exentryk

The whole game is about surviving the first item box section. Take the lead there and you'll most likely win the race.

GRW810

When the online race finishes press the + button to save the replay as one of your 6 favourite replays. You'll need an available space in your favourite replays to save it. This is indicated by the star and the number out of 6 in the top left corner after a race.
Thank you, I've finally found the answer to what that star and x/6 number means.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
The whole game is about surviving the first item box section. Take the lead there and you'll most likely win the race.
Definitely right about this. Not too big a fan of the item balance in this game. Assuming roughly equal skill, if you get hit at the beginning, it's virtually impossible to catch up.

KU_

Was this $33.17 on Amazon at any point? Every time I go on Amazon mobile it shows that price, then when I click it to go to the MK 8 page it shows its $59. Wondering if I missed a price drop on this.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Until you get hit by a blue shell, red shell, the person in second slams you off the track, and you get hit by a barrage of items dropping you to 9th+

Seems to happen more often to me than others who manage big leads :(

Exentryk

What's this frantic mode all about? I heard it balances the items better? Has anyone tried? Coz of it works, we should change our GAF race settings to that.

Top Bottom