• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Doorman

As far as characters in the game go, the one thing that really disappoints me is the fact that after all these years, despite appearing in the early version of Mario Kart 64...we've still never had playable Kamek. Seriously what the hell. The Magikruiser in MKWii was a decent start but c'mon.

Incidentally, with the inclusion of all the Koopalings, does anybody feel like they've been missing Bowser Jr. at all? They've established by now that all of them do coexist so his exclusion in this does feel a little odd to me, despite not being a particular fan of the character.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Daisy + Gold Kart does not seem like a good combo at all. It feels so sluggish, almost like the stats don't actually match what's going on in the game.

Christopher

My little one LOVES this game.

I think it's a little basic, and very paint by the numbers - however to me it's a visual TREAT and I always wanted Mario Kart to look and play like this.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This was easily the worst Mario Kart 8 I've played since I got the game. Half of it might just be due to being legit shook as to how Papercuts has managed to stay so far out of the realm of vision after getting a lead and switching up to a kart, but man I feel all kinds of down and salty. :(

Also I love the comm errors as much as the next guy, but seeing all the rollback in matches or not getting items on the item roulette until they're too late to matter are pretty "fun" things going on as well.

WHAT KIND OF RIVALRY IS THIS

But yeah the lag issues seem to be getting worse for me. I am seeing unaffected hits from items way more frequently, and the item roulette is extremely annoying considering it can leave you wide open at the worst times.

Tripon

God damn, I switched to a Nunchuck and Wiimote for the last couple of rounds, and I completely sucked. Easier on my thumb though.

Tabasco

Was able to have somewhat of a win streak with Wario against you guys, which seems pretty rare.

I did have a few bad races with the set I used, though.

Exentryk

Good games guys. I've gotta eat tho. Thought I'd play for half an hour but the lobby turned out to be a lot of fun. Will be back later.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Nice:

Not Luigi related, but something cool that happened to me and another player a few days back.

Two recordings of the same scene from a different perspective.

CourageousPotableAnemonecrab.gif
CalculatingAgonizingHerring.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Haha pretty awesome. Its like DBZ meets Mario Kart.

One thing I really want to see are two Bullet Bills racing. I wonder if thats ever happened. Thatd be super cool if it did.

Almost happened last night at the end of a GAF race. I had a Bullet Bill at the end of the airport to snag 4th, someone 3 places behind activated a Bullet Bill shortly after and got 5th a few seconds after me.

hat_hair

One thing I really want to see are two Bullet Bills racing. I wonder if thats ever happened. Thatd be super cool if it did.

I've seen it a couple of times. It's pretty fun, but since they're the exact same speed, the winner is the one that activated it first.

Top Bottom