• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooD1234

Okay, as promise going to post a few replays with you guys tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBVEojNpfwg
This was part of our yoshi only race. I want to share this to show you my epic invisible green shell hit. Especially the part where the light blue yoshi just got hit for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFJ6CQBQgpM
Best race of all night. I robbed someone star without trying. Even got me first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXi0DF2braM
Lol at the beginning where I just horned everyone and some people seem like they even fell off track like Enforced. Also thank you blue and triple red shells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfzt-Xt6zE
This was strangely the most peaceful race of em all. Not much of anything coming at me besides Omni murdering a few people at the beggining of the race with triple greens.

Just wondering if anyone's had any problems with Mario kart crashing their Wii U when closed down, been noticing it happen every time in the last few days, possibly it might have been since the update and I just didn't notice at first, don't think it's happening with other games but I need to test it out more

EDIT - think I've fixed it, seems it was my hard drive going to sleep causing it, disabled that now

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've had sound issues twice in the past month or two, where the sound either cuts for a split second every 5 seconds, or there is no sound at all. Only solution is to reboot the console, the thing is i'm unsure if the problem is my console or Mario Kart 8. I've only been playing that game since June.

Anyone else had this? With other games maybe?

Neo Child

Banned
so theres gunna be another 4 cup DLC after the first 4 right?

really wish they would add mario bros 2 characters like mouser, wart and pidgit.

how cool would he look in HD?
Pidgit_Artwork_(Super_Mario_Bros._2).png

Roo

so theres gunna be another 4 cup DLC after the first 4 right?

really wish they would add mario bros 2 characters like mouser, wart and pidgit.

how cool would he look in HD?
Pidgit_Artwork_(Super_Mario_Bros._2).png

I highly doubt there will be more tracks than those from the already announced DLC.
The game will have 48 tracks when everything is said and done which is huge for a Mario Kart game, the development teams has to move on eventually to new games/ next MK among other issues. It just won't happen.

And about those characters.. well, there's a reason why Super Mario Bros 2 is the only game they appear in.
Luckily Shy Guy was the only one that managed to escape that hole.

Roo

Nope, there are lots of Mario Bros. 2 characters in other games.
For example:
200px-Birdo-MP9.png
You know what I meant. Nintendo doesn't treat US SMB.2 as canon the same way they do with SMB, SMB3 and SMW.

Plus, it's the second time they ignore Birdo :B

Exentryk

I'm in the gamefaqs lobby right now. Trying to get a few more there so join there guys. Code again is 4608-5770-3527.

God the Nintendo Network is shite, I've only been able to connect to about 1/4 of the games, the rest time out and give me an error message.

I've been playing MK8 online for many, many hours and only once have I gotten an error message. The issue is definitely on your end. Don't blame Nintendo Network.

PedroRVD

Has somebody here used his/her Nintendo ID on another Wii U? Do the online vr points carry over there?

One of my friends moved and bought another Wii U and wants to know if his VR points will be kept along his Nintendo ID.

Roo

Has somebody here used his/her Nintendo ID on another Wii U? Do the online vr points carry over there?

One of my friends moved and bought another Wii U and wants to know if his VR points will be kept along his Nintendo ID.
VR, BR, Time trials and all the unlocked stuff are tied to the save files of the game in the console so unless he did a Wii U>Wii U transfer, I'm afraid he will need to start all over again.

So far, the only data your NNID tracks are your eShop purchases.

Forkball

Any tips for using Yoshi more effectively? I have normally been rolling Yoshi with Yoshi Bike and Slim wheels, but I find I perform inconsistently and can't get a good lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom