• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played this online for the first time since post-patch.

I'm still having the same exact issues. Love the game, but this is the worst Nintendo online experience since I've had since The Conduit.

braves01

Banned
I had one of those nights tonight... :-/

Off to decent starts, then just totally fucked by everyone.

Edit: New track rankings also, because I'm bored. Bolded are the only two I really don't care for

1.) Sunshine Airport
2.) Toad Harbour
3.) Thwomp Ruins
4.) Shy Guy Falls

Cloudtop Cruise
Mount Wario
Twisted Mansion
Sweet Sweet Canyon

Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road
Mario Circuit
Water Park

Mario Kart Stadium
Bone Dry Dunes
Electrodome
Dolphin Shoals

Just met someone called "Ass☆Tits" online.
oAWDoTo.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So guys, if Nintendo's going to handle the DLC like this online, do we need a third tournament called NeoGAF |DLC|?

There's some confusion going round about how things will work, so let's try and address things.

• Nintendo will not force players who don't purchase the DLC to download several GBs of data just to play online. The mandatory update will include the character models and the vehicle models, but not the tracks. This will be a FAIRLY SMALL update and will allow players without the DLC to still see others online playing as Link et al. This is exactly how the Mercedes DLC has worked, and indeed the coloured Yoshis/Shy Guys. By just doing yesterday's update and nothing more, you see these things when playing online.
    [*]When playing online, if a player in your lobby does not have the Pack 1 or Pack 2 DLC, tracks from those cups will not be available for voting. They will only appear if everyone in the room has the DLC.
  • The bonus of colored Yoshis/Shy Guys does not expire. You can buy the packs at any time, either as a bundle or seperately if you want, and you will get the bonus.

At this point, the only people playing this game still are the dedicated and the hackers(roo), and you know they all gonna pay the $12 bucks. And I can't imagine people coming back to Mario Kart 8 in November and NOT buying the DLC, especially at that price point. Probably wont have to worry about it

DooD1234

Ugh, climbing up VR is so slow and every time I do bad, I lost all the point I just built up. Why am I losing VR when I'm 4th.

MrDaravon

Man, I don't know how you guys do this shit. Feels like most of my games are me playing flawlessly and in 1st place, end of the last lap I get hit with a blue shell then 4 other things in a row and I finish 10th. Playing against a full lobby of friends it's all good, but trying to get stars in the Grand Prix races is making me want to throw the gamepad out the window.

Also is there ANY room for the lighter characters to really work? After flip-flopping around to a couple characters (mostly Rosalina with a bike and Luigi with a kart) I think I am now forced to play as Toad because he totally cracks me up. The downside is he is noticeably slower. Since I figured I was screwed anyway I went for maximum hilarity and used him with the boat kart and the car with the horses in the front of it (don't have the names handy) and seemed to actually do fine, especially with the horse one since I think that got me up to almost 4 on Speed. Is the heavy characters dominating only an issue at the highest level of play?

DooD1234

Joining Roo and whoever is racing, VR gain so bad, I'm stuck in 7900 range or lose more if mario kart gods decides to forsake me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom