• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart | Community Thread | *Insert Profanities Here*

ffdgh

Haha perfect track to end on. Thanks for the races shark.
The lack of coins from items boxes just dawned on me. Nintendo please kill distance items and coin items...

Haha perfect track to end on. Thanks for the races shark.
The lack of coins from items boxes just dawned on me. Nintendo please kill distance items and coin items...
You're welcome. Ended myself with a 1st on Toad Circuit and a 2nd on SNES Rainbow Road. I also gained 1K VR tonight.

My current W/L ratio with you: 329 - 445

Damn, that is soooooooo much better than it is in 8. lol EDIT: For comparison there was a guy who I got 999 L against with only 4XX wins against him. Eventually grinded up to 700-something wins tho

Jofamo

Hey! I'm wondering if you guys can maybe shed some light on something weird that's been happening to me and my GF recently.

For the past few nights, my GF has been playing some Mario Kart 8 online, Worldwide rooms.

After a few games, this random person called (Star)Danny(MusicNote), from New Jersey USA (we're Scotland) ends up in the same lobby. My GF and everyone else she's usually paired with only have a score of about 5000, yet this guy has about 40,000. For the last three nights in a row, when we've been playing, this guy has ended up in our lobby. He always wins and it looks like he's using some tricks to gain a lead.

How do we keep getting paired with this guy, three days in a row? How is he joining such low scored lobbies with his high score? There must surely still be enough random Mario Kart 8 online players that this kind of thing shouldn't really happen, right?

What's going on?

There's this thing called a Recent Players List. He's basically taken a liking to you and your GF and are using you to get into easy lobbies.

As for tricks... If it's a 150cc room then firehopping, demonsliding, etc. Rooms at your level can usually be dominated like that with just good lines, but when you're used to using those tricks there's no real reason not to use them.

If you don't want to play with him, go to your Friend List, press Y to see the most recent players, and block him. I believe that should work.

Jofamo

There's this thing called a Recent Players List. He's basically taken a liking to you and your GF and are using you to get into easy lobbies.

As for tricks... If it's a 150cc room then firehopping, demonsliding, etc. Rooms at your level can usually be dominated like that with just good lines, but when you're used to using those tricks there's no real reason not to use them.

If you don't want to play with him, go to your Friend List, press Y to see the most recent players, and block him. I believe that should work.

Thanks a lot for the information! That must be what he's doing. Not that it's a big deal or anything, but I was racking my head around trying to figure out how he kept popping up. I've done as you suggested and blocked him.

Thanks again!

Roo

I have CTGP-R up and running.
I tried to go online a few days ago and the game gave me the error 23899 which basically means I'm in queue to be approved for online play.

I have to say, most of the tracks I played were nicely done. Nice textures, good track design, etc. but there's also a lot of trash in there.
Wario's Lair comes to mind instantly. No offense to the creator but I'm susprised that track is still in the pack.

Anyway, whenever you guys are ready :D

Top Bottom