• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Strikers Charged World GAF Cup

Haunted

Final Group Standings:

Group A:
Code:
                  Series     Games      Goals     Points
1. Capndrake        4:1       9:2       30:17       27
2. Haunted One      4:1       8:4       52:20       24 

3. Kawaii           3:2       6:5       19:26       18
4. Fresquito        2:3       5:7       26:20       15
5. Dash Kappei      1:4       3:8       14:29        9
6. Kkg1701          0:5       1:10       6:40        3
Group B:
Code:
                 Series     Games      Goals     Points
1. Tanasten         4:1       8:2       33:8        24
2. MasterMFauli     4:1       8:3       22:15       24

3. Toma             3:2       6:4       28:22       18
4. maxmars          2:3       5:6       17:18       15
5. Nli10            1:4       2:8        7:32        6
6. Wes              0:5       0:10       0:20        0

Somethings wrong on that list ^^

I didnt lose a round against Toma, and only played with Nli and maxmars. I dont remember the result against Nli, but i cannot have more than 2 loses, so i dont quite get the 6:3, which can only be 6:2 at max.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Haunty =)
We are the secret champions of this Cup. No missing games. *gratulates you for that accomplishment*

Haunted

MasterMFauli said:

I didnt lose a round against Toma, and only played with Nli and maxmars. I dont remember the result against Nli, but i cannot have more than 2 loses, so i dont quite get the 6:3, which can only be 6:2 at max.
You're totally right - I just went through the whole thread to check all the games reported so far - I'll update the groups with the correct numbers/results in a moment.

But why did you say that you have two games against tanasten? You need to play once against him and haven't done so yet.

Toma said:
Haunty =)
We are the secret champions of this Cup. No missing games. *gratulates you for that accomplishment*
:D

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
MasterMFauli said:

Your stats should be

"2. MasterMFauli 3:0 6:1 18:11 18"

*coughHauntycough* :D

I updated the list on the first page with our match already ;) And he won that one.

Toma

Haunted One said:
You're totally right - I just went through the whole thread to check all the games reported so far - I'll update the groups with the correct numbers/results in a moment.

But why did you say that you have two games against tanasten? You need to play once against him and haven't done so yet.

No problem with that. But Im pretty sure that in the end the same people will get to the next round ;)
And sry for making mistakes xD I learned from that one. Next that I will make a biiiiiig flip chart over my bed.

Haunted

Toma said:
No problem with that. But Im pretty sure that in the end the same people will get to the next round ;)
And sry for making mistakes xD I learned from that one. Next that I will make a biiiiiig flip chart over my bed.
You're right. No big differences - small stuff like missing one goal etc. can always happen with so many games played. No biggie but the chart is now (hopefully) 100% updated and correct - I won't touch it again (so... many... numbers...), so you're now back in charge of group table duties. :lol

Kawaii

Thanks for the awesome match Drake :)

It was one of the most intense matches i ever had. Thanks :)

Kawaii - Capndrake
Series(goals) - Series (goals)

0 (3) - 2 (5)

Edit:

I'll do the match wit Kkg1701 later, so ill just need to make an appointment with Fresquito.

Haunted

kkg1701 said:
Huh? Where did I get points from? I have lost all my games so far????

KK

You haven't seen anything. >_> <_<
I made a mistake! - it's corrected now, sorry.
:lol

Kawaii said:
Kawaii 0 (3) - Capndrake 2 (5)
Capndrake said:
Kawaii 0 (3) - Capndrake 2 (4)
Which one is it? :)

edit: Looks like the NPD Thursday insanity is coming to GAF... It's getting slow with 500 internal server errors at times. :/

kkg1701

LOL I still have 6 points :D Thanks! :p

KK

Haunted One said:

You haven't seen anything. >_> <_<
I made a mistake! - it's corrected now, sorry.
:lol

Which one is it? :)

edit: Looks like the NPD Thursday insanity is coming to GAF... It's getting slow with 500 internal server errors at times. :/

kkg1701

Kawaii 2(4) - 1(4) kkg1701

Bohoo!!

KK

EDIT: (sorry for the big post)

This was the most even series I've played so far really fun Kawaii!! :) Too bad (for me) you won though :(

game data:

Code:
Kawaii - kkg1701 (round 2)

Round 1
goals:       0  -  2
shots:       6  -  7
skillshots:  3  -  0
hits:        1  -  15
steals:      2  -  4
mega:       0/0 - 0/0
possession: 65% - 35%
Scorers:
  kkg.hammer bros. 0 - 1
  kkg.birdy        0 - 2

Round 2 (overtime)
goals:       2  -  1
shots:       12 -  7
skillshots:  5  -  0
hits:        4  -  26
steals:      7  -  1
possession: 75% - 25%
Scorers:
  kkg.birdy        0 - 1
  kaw.hammer bros. 1 - 1
  kaw.toad         2 - 1

Round 3
goals:       2  -  1
shots:       8  -  7
skillshots:  3  -  0
hits:        2  -  25
steals:      4  -  2
possession: 72% - 28%
Scorers:
  kaw.hammer bros. 1 - 0
  kkg.birdy        1 - 1
  kaw.toad         2 - 1

My season averages so far (does not include my games against Haunted because game footage got ruined not because I have anything against Haunted I really don't :) ) :
Code:
goals:      0,71 
shots:      5,43 
skillshots: 0,43 
hits:       16,43 
steals:     2,14
mega:       0/0
possession: 37,29%

Haunted One said:
:lol GAF hates my edits. Hopefully everything is fine/fixed now. (sorry that I had to delete your points. ;))

Ok Where can I check up on getting points because now you've given me 3?

Haunted

kkg1701 said:
Ok Where can I check up on getting points because now you've given me 3?
You get 3 points for every game you win. Although you lost the series against Kawaii, you won one game and thus got 3 points. Congratulations! :)

Also, looking at the stats, you seem a bit too low on hits (compared to your opponents) - try to be more aggressive and shake that Wiimote! :lol -- Although your possession percentage (vs Kawaii) was insanely high (~70%!) - so I guess you didn't get many chances to attack his players.

and I'm seconding Drake's request. A youtube match would be cool if you're saving game footage anyway.

kkg1701

Haunted One said:
You get 3 points for every game you win. Although you lost the series against Kawaii, you won one game and thus got 3 points. Congratulations! :)

Also, looking at the stats, you seem a bit too low on hits (compared to your opponents) - try to be more aggressive and shake that Wiimote! :lol -- Although your possession percentage (vs Kawaii) was insanely high (~70%!) - so I guess you didn't get many chances to attack his players.

and I'm seconding Drake's request. A youtube match would be cool if you're saving game footage anyway.

No no no, my possession is insanely low it's Kawaii that has the high numbers :D

Sure, Cap want both yours and Kawaiis or one? all matches or just the better ones? :)

KK

Capndrake

kkg1701 said:
No no no, my possession is insanely low it's Kawaii that has the high numbers :D

Sure, Cap want both yours and Kawaiis or one? all matches or just the better ones? :)

KK
All of them would be nice, that way we can watch each other's games.

Haunted

kkg1701 said:

KK
ah, I misread it... well, then - you should stop shaking that Wiimote so often and start getting some more possession! :lol

Up the footage on Youtube, so everyone can see it. :)

kkg1701

Ok so here's the game footages from the 'kkg1701 - CapnDrake' & 'Kawaii - kkg1701' series

Enjoy!

Game 1 between kkg1701 (home) and CapnDrake (away)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALNOIa5SXGI

Game 2 between kkg1701 (home) and CapnDrake (away)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=865EGr74ycQ

Game 1 between Kawaii (home) and kkg1701 (away)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubu6838Ya3U

Game 2 between Kawaii (home) and kkg1701 (away)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNGkVfyOL44

Game 3 between Kawaii (home) and kkg1701 (away)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNojzcuCPpA

KK

Haunted

Capndrake said:
Very neat. Are more people able to do this (I can't)? That way we can get the semis and final recorded as well.
I don't even know how to do that.

But speaking of semi-finals... is the official deadline extended until Saturday? Sunday? I want to know at what point I can log into this thread and see the final group tables. There are still 7 games missing, if I'm not mistaken.

nli10

Still no replies from Wes :( so i'm missing a match.

Love the you tube footage - you recording the output or using an external cam corder (I think it's the camcorder due to the odd sound).

I bought the cheaper TV card for my computer otherwise I'd try this too. :D

Haunted

nli10 said:
Looks like Wes won't be playing any games this tournament. :( He forfeited the first two games as well - maybe/hopefully he'll show up again?

What does the Cup directorate and overall board of management (I mean you, max :D) say about the official deadline and Wes' missing games?

kkg1701

nli10 said:

Love the you tube footage - you recording the output or using an external cam corder (I think it's the camcorder due to the odd sound).

I bought the cheaper TV card for my computer otherwise I'd try this too. :D

No, the odd sound on places is me not being very experienced in capturing stuff on my computer :) I use my 19" widescreen monitor instead of my TV (only a 20" SD) to play with my Wii. I think the odd sound is because I only use an integrated soundcard instead of a dedicated one.

As for TV card, I don't have one but my graphics card has VIVO. When I have graduated and got a job I'm considering getting a bigger monitor and a component->vga adapter since I don't plan on getting a new TV anytime soon (haven't used my TV in at least 3months and then only to play my Wii).

Why not try anyway with the cheaper TV-card? Or have you tried and realized it didn't work? It'd be nice to see others matches too :)

EDIT: Oh if you don't know already I recommend using virtualdub both for capturing and editing afterwards.

KK

maxmars

Hmm I could switch the hook up for my Wii: Wii onto DVD recorder using SCART, DVD Recorder onto TV using SCART --> very nice quality captures.. I'll try to set that up for the next matches. :D

EDIT: Haunted, I think Wes should be forfeited his matches for this week, too, because he's away. I don't think he's got a problem with that, he mentioned house moving which I know can be a bitch.

Let's see if Tanasten can play his match tomorrow.. Then it's over with this preliminary phase.

I tried to free myself for a slot tomorrow with Tanasten but in addition to all what was already going on for this weekend, I'm also having a funeral of a close aunt that passed away and I'll have to help my parents a bit.

Basically I'm going to see almost all sacraments this weekend, from christening to funeral, hope it'll improve my situation with the heavens above.

Haunted

maxmars said:
Hmm I could switch the hook up for my Wii: Wii onto DVD recorder using SCART, DVD Recorder onto TV using SCART --> very nice quality captures.. I'll try to set that up for the next matches. :D

EDIT: Haunted, I think Wes should be forfeited his matches for this week, too, because he's away. I don't think he's got a problem with that, he mentioned house moving which I know can be a bitch.

Let's see if Tanasten can play his match tomorrow.. Then it's over with this preliminary phase.

I tried to free myself for a slot tomorrow with Tanasten but in addition to all what was already going on for this weekend, I'm also having a funeral of a close aunt that passed away and I'll have to help my parents a bit.

Basically I'm going to see almost all sacraments this weekend, from christening to funeral, hope it'll improve my situation with the heavens above.
Alright, if we discount Wes' and tanasten's games, that leaves the two games of fresquito (vs Dash and vs Kawaii) which aren't in yet. I know that Dash is away for the week, so if they haven't played yet, I think we best count that as a win for fresquito. What's going on with fresquito vs Kawaii, I don't know. So the deadline is Saturday 24:00 GMT for all these, and then we conclude the preliminaries - sounds good. :)

wow, sounds like a really busy weekend for you, max. Good luck with everything.

Toma

Sooo guys. I am away until Sunday too. I dont have to play any games so there will be no problem with that ;)
Just to mention if anyone wants to complain about the inacurate chart if someone makes a match today ;)
Im an advisor during summer in a camp and on this weekend there is a weekend for this. I dont get money for that but I looooooooove this job.
Catch ya all on sunday.

nli10

Sounds like no Wes then - I understand real life gets in the way :)

At least all in our group have same 0-2 win so that it isn't unfair on anyone.

What is the format for the next round? Is it top 4 from each group like on the game or just top 2?

Either way - I propose a couple of games between those at the base of group A table and those at the base of group B. I am on holiday from Wed lunchtime though so these will have to be this weekend or Mon/Tue.

KKg1701 and whoever turns up lowest out of gp A and maxmars & myself - the four of us might be a good match. PM me for a kickabout anytime :)

Haunted

Once more the missing games and their current status:

Group A:

Kawaii vs fresquito - please report in this thread, or else this is counted as a default loss for both of you
Dash Kappei vs fresquito - dash didn't have time this week, so if no result is turned in, this is a win for fresquito

Group B:

Tanasten vs Maxmars - max is busy this weekend, so it's a default win for tanasten
MasterMFauli vs tanasten - can't decide on this one, since tanasten was here earlier this week, where Fauli couldn't play -- we'll decide this one together if you two don't manage to play today
Wes vs MasterMFauli - loss for Wes
Wes vs Maxmars - loss for Wes
Nli10 vs Wes - loss for Wes

I'm not the authority for this or anything (that would be max), but I'd like to keep this organised. :)

Please everyone, try to play as many of those as you can today, you have time until 24:00 GMT.

nli10 said:
What is the format for the next round? Is it top 4 from each group like on the game or just top 2?
Semi-finals are #1 of the Group A vs #2 of Group B and vice versa. Winners of those games advance to the *drumroll* Grand Final! :p

Kawaii

Haunted One said:
Once more the missing games and their current status:

Group A:

Kawaii vs fresquito - please report in this thread, or else this is counted as a default loss for both of you
Dash Kappei vs fresquito - dash didn't have time this week, so if no result is turned in, this is a win for fresquito

Group B:

Tanasten vs Maxmars - max is busy this weekend, so it's a default win for tanasten
MasterMFauli vs tanasten - can't decide on this one, since tanasten was here earlier this week, where Fauli couldn't play -- we'll decide this one together if you two don't manage to play today

I'm not the authority for this or anything (that would be max), but I'd like to keep this organised. :)

Please everyone, try to play as many of those as you can today, you have time until 24:00 GMT.

Semi-finals are #1 of the Group A vs #2 of Group B and vice versa. Winners of those games advance to the *drumroll* Grand Final! :p

I pm'ed fresquito earlier this week (one asking for a match on thursday, and one for which times he could play) and from neither have i received a reply. I send one earlier this day too, but no response.

Haunted

Kawaii said:
I pm'ed fresquito earlier this week (one asking for a match on thursday, and one for which times he could play) and from neither have i received a reply. I send one earlier this day too, but no response.
Alright, then hopefully he has some time to spare today to reply and play the game. Else we should count this as a default win for you, I guess.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Hi everyone.

I'm just back from Madrid.

Good news are that I got the job :D a very good job making games and well paid!

Bad news are that I'm moving next week, and the house I decided to go does not have internet! So I may be down for a few weeks!

Maybe if Telefonica is quick installing the WI-FI at home I would be only a week or so away... let's cross our fingers!

BTW, I'm going online in a few minutes to play some matches... MasterMfauli, Maxmars... if you're able too...

A bit of topic, but a nice addition to this post I think

HW0000000528380_1_1181556287319.jpg
HW0000000528380_5_1181596866261.jpg
HW0000000528380_10_1181597027899.jpg

HW0000000528380_2_1181556322854.jpg
HW0000000528380_3_1181556362293.jpg
HW0000000528380_4_1181556394724.jpg

HW0000000528380_7_1181596921371.jpg
HW0000000528380_12_1181597091541.jpg
HW0000000528380_13_1181597122313.jpg

HW0000000528380_14_1181597145037.jpg
HW0000000528380_18_1181597305722.jpg
HW0000000528380_16_1181597215636.jpg

HW0000000528380_17_1181597249620.jpg
HW0000000528380_15_1181597178490.jpg
HW0000000528380_8_1181596977491.jpg

My new house at Pozuelo de Alarcón, in Madrid! I love it! :D

Kawaii

Haunted One said:
Alright, then hopefully he has some time to spare today to reply and play the game. Else we should count this as a default win for you, I guess.

Still nothing from Fresquito..

@ Tanasten, good luck with your new job and i must say you have an awesome house :)

fresquito

Sorry people. I've been experiencing problems with my internet connection and I've been unable to get to connect when the matches were set.

So I lose them by default. Next time I'll have more luck :)

maxmars

Hey Tanasten, that's a fine house you got in Madrid! Did you buy it or is it a fringe benefit?

Btw, I'm back if you're still around.

As for next weeks, if you know you won't be able to play, please consider leaving your place to someone who can play.. You'd be defaulted a loss anyway if you don't show up.

nli10

Fantastic to hear about the job & house Tanasten - hope you are making Wii Online games :D (I kid - it's all good really)

Haunted

Congratulations to your new job and new house tanasten - looking great. :D

Thanks for telling us, fresquito :) - I was wondering what happened on your end and guessed that there must have been some technical problems.

max, the deadline is officially over - should we consider the games that couldn't be played as defaults? You're the organiser, but I've put some thoughts into how the games should be counted. Also, if tanasten doesn't have an internet connection next week (a small price to pay considering the house :lol ) should we let the third-placed player of Group B advance to the semis?

I have the missing games pegged down as this:

Group A:

Kawaii vs fresquito - loss for fresquito
Dash Kappei vs fresquito - loss for fresquito (possibly a loss for both, as Dash wasn't there for 6 of the 7 days of the week)

Group B:

Tanasten vs Maxmars - loss for maxmars
MasterMFauli vs tanasten - both were here at times, but didn't manage to play together - a loss for both

Is everyone fine with that? Please feel free to agree/disagree, I won't update the group tables until we've reached consensus on those. :)

Toma

Back again.
I would say that sounds okay @ Haunty

Do you want to make the end-chart ? :)
We dont have to do it both, so just to ask ^^

Top Bottom