• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Strikers Charged World GAF Cup

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Haunted One said:
Why do I only get 2 points per win? You're so cruel Toma. ;_;

:lol

Oooops. My reaction to all that whining about not being in the next round :p

I just had to make a mistake to see whether you look at my chart.

excuse number 3

excuse number 4

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Cool, thanks to Fresquito, Haunted and Capndrake willingly helpful in trying to arrange our matches, I've been able to schedule all games for tomorrow.

So I'll play against:

DashK GAF vs Fresquito= Tomorrow June 12 - 17:30GMT

Haunted One vs DashK GAF= Tomorrow June 12 - 18:00GMT

DashK GAF vs Capndrake= Tomorrow June 12 - 18:15GMT

Ciao!
Dash

Haunted

Toma said:

I just hjad to make a mistake to see whether you look at my chart.

excuse number 3

excuse number 4

Thanks. :D

maxmars

Toma said:

I just had to make a mistake to see whether you look at my chart.

excuse number 3

excuse number 4

By the way, I see you list me and nli10 as still having to play our match together.... Or am I missing something?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Just played with Toma.

Tanasten 14 (2) - Toma 3 (0)

I'm about to move soon to Madrid due to a job change. Maxmars, MasterMFauli, I will be tomorrow connecting very often, so please connect you two too. BTW, I'm also online.

Sorry for being a bit off these days. It's busy when you have to look for a new house and so.

BTW, if someone who has to play with me doesn't feel ready, please reject the game invitation and I would understand. Sometimes I feel bad because I don't know if the rival knows that we're to play a tournament!

tanasten

Oh also, I want to add that the friend list also checks if the players are from different continents. I mean, this afternoon I saw Toma playing the game, and I was going to invite him for the tournament match... and the game said to me that "couldn't check the region of the rival".

So it seems that World Cup is not possible :(

maxmars

Tanasten, I think they're doing some server side changes, as I had the same problem with nli10.

As for the match, today (tue) I won't be online, sorry. I will be online in the next two days, if you can make it.

By the way, best of luck with your job change. :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
maxmars said:
By the way, I see you list me and nli10 as still having to play our match together.... Or am I missing something?

forgot to save the changes... anyway updated chart with my the result of the tanasten one-man-show ;)

Oh also, I want to add that the friend list also checks if the players are from different continents. I mean, this afternoon I saw Toma playing the game, and I was going to invite him for the tournament match... and the game said to me that "couldn't check the region of the rival".

So it seems that World Cup is not possible :(

But this isnt a problem of the Wifi Connection.. You can play Picross against japan =/
(I know because I terribly lose)
Maybe the strikers wifi setup on other continents is just still not "ready"?
*hopes*

Oh and Haunty.. :D
You Diddy Me Jane ...erm... Wario. I want to test something in my team setup. played yesterday with two faster guys and was able to handle Tanasten a lot better.
Hope to cya =)

Haunted

Toma said:
Oh and Haunty.. :D
You Diddy Me Jane ...erm... Wario. I want to test something in my team setup. played yesterday with two faster guys and was able to handle Tanasten a lot better.
Hope to cya =)
tanasten said:
Just played with Toma.

Tanasten 14 (2) - Toma 3 (0)
That's 'handling him better'?

:lol Sorry, I'm just kidding - I only played against tanasten once and lost 6-2 before a connection error happened (was on the 2nd day of the release or somesuch). I'll be online to play with Dash at 18:00 GMT today - I'll stay online before and after for a bit. After that I probably won't be able to go online too often until the weekend - busy busy. :(

Catch you tonight.

Toma

Haunted One said:
That's 'handling him better'?

Noooo that was the normal team setup. Afterwards I won with the totally new superduper setup =)

Haunted

Toma said:
Noooo that was the normal team setup. Afterwards I won with the totally new superduper setup =)
Are you trying to scare me?

It's working. >_<

:D Now you've made me curious. I'm going online in 20 minutes.

Toma

He went into another match... I was too bad for him =(
(j/k i know that this is your tournament match ;) )
At least I won 1 game. Could it be that you trained a lot the last days? You were able to steal that ball succesfully a few times. And after you used that I had not chance whatsoever :lol

But anyways I love to play against you because when I am loosing I know I can beat you on another day :)

I hope it was a good training for your match now =)

Haunted

Dash Kappei, you are one sneaky bastard. :lol :lol

Very clever. We played a friendly first, and he let me destroy him (6:0; 5:0 or somesuch), I thought these would be easy matches to win... but when we played the Cup matches, it was like he was a completely different player. MUCH better than in the friendlies before. Needless to say, he had me completely trapped and even managed to snag the second game away from me (with a golden goal, no less). Well, at that moment, I got royally pissed and won the third game with 10:0. :p

The results were 4:2; 2:3; 10:0.

Haunted 2 (16) - Dash 1 (5)

Thanks for the games, Dash! Good luck with your other ones, and your private matters in Rome.

Toma said:
He went into another match... I was too bad for him =(
(j/k i know that this is your tournament match ;) )
At least I won 1 game. Could it be that you trained a lot the last days? You were able to steal that ball succesfully a few times. And after you used that I had not chance whatsoever :lol

But anyways I love to play against you because when I am loosing I know I can beat you on another day :)

I hoope it was a good training for your match now =)
:D

I didn't play a lot of games since our last match, and - believe it or not - this was my first match with Daisy ever. It was a last minute decision, I already had Diddy as captain, but then I thought... 'hm, why not try someone more aggressive?' and went with Daisy :lol

It's your own fault, really. You showed me how to defend against those high balls during the first game of the second series (where you really started to use the high balls). I could regularly break your passing chains, and prevent scoring more effectively. I was always relieved when I intercepted the ball, even if I could only clear it, instead of passing it on myself. That's the next step to improvement for me. :p

It's awesome. We're both steadily improving while keeping on a really close level. Thanks for the games, yet again. :D

Capndrake

Dash 0 (4) - Capndrake 2 (7)

Holy shit at my goal at the end of the 2nd match. Dash was leading 3-2 and I thought I was gonna lose, so I just shot the ball at the goal from the center of the field thinking it wouldn't go in anyway, but it did! Then I somehow managed to win. And not to mention the fact there was under 1 SECOND left.

Toma

:lol I saw your edit @ Haunty

Yes its also because I wrote it here on GAF what to do in such a situation ;)
But on the other hand you told me to change my team with faster guys and that was just "OMG". Really unbelievable what difference that makes.
Looking forward to our next match =)

Anyone else already sad or am I the only one who thinks that our contact and this strikers stories will stop after the tournament? =(

Capndrake said:
Holy shit at my goal at the end of the 2nd match. Dash was leading 3-2 and I thought I was gonna lose, so I just shot the ball at the goal from the center of the field thinking it wouldn't go in anyway, but it did! Then I somehow managed to win. And not to mention the fact there was under 1 SECOND left.

I had the same thing in a match today too. Those who played me during the last days could see that I am trying that from time to time. And I made it in just in time with no seconds left. While the goal was shown again the time was 3:00 :)

(Okay I was winning anways... but pretty cool nonetheless)

What reminds me... There was one game where my opponent was scoring goal after goal and in the end 7 seconds before the whistle the result was 1:5, then I was able to pull off a perfect 6-megastrike and won 7:5 :D

EDIT:
Updated Chart

Haunted

Toma said:
:lol I saw your edit @ Haunty

Yes its also because I wrote it here on GAF what to do in such a situation ;)
But on the other hand you told me to change my team with faster guys and that was just "OMG". Really unbelievable what difference that makes.
Told ya. Balanced players are good on paper, but fast and hard-hitting defenders are better suited to our playstyle. After tonight's success, I think I'll keep Daisy around as my fast captain. :D

Toma said:
Anyone else already sad or am I the only one who thinks that our contact and this strikers stories will stop after the tournament? =(
... only until we start the next tournament. :)

Toma

Haunted One said:
Told ya. Balanced players are good on paper, but fast and hard-hitting defenders are better suited to our playstyle. After tonight's success, I think I'll keep Daisy around as my fast captain. :D

... only until we start the next tournament. :)

I began to really really really really
really
hate your birdos... so yeah you were quite successful :)

Haunted

Toma said:
I began to really really really really
really
hate your birdos... so yeah you were quite successful :)
200px-Birdo_nintendo.jpg

Capndrake

kkg1701 0 (0) - Capndrake 2 (7)

Excuse me for coming half an hour late, I got a bit too carried away playing Adventures of Lolo. Blame Nintendo for making addictive games :(

kkg1701

kkg1701 0(0) - Capndrake 2(7)

Nice games, too bad I didn't manage to score any goals :( was close a couple of times though :) think it went a bit better after I switched out Boo for Birdy. Just wish Birdy would be a better passer :)

EDIT: Game data (game video got jumbled in my game against Haunted so no data for that game :(). On a positive note I can now steal the ball! I learned that stealing wasn't trying to break passes which I previously thought :D bad thing is I can't seem to be able to do both breaking and tackling, will need to train some more for that.

Code:
Round 1
goals:       0  -  5
shots:       6  -  10
skillshots:  0  -  2
hits:        4  -  21
steals:      6  -  0
mega:       0/0 - 3/4
possession: 42% - 58%

Round 2
goals:       0  -  2
shots:       5  -  6
skillshots:  0  -  3
hits:        4  -  21
steals:      2  -  0
mega:       0/0 - 0/0
possession: 39% - 61%

KK

Toma

Haunted One said:
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/3e/200px-Sucker_nintendo.jpg

zo4ndbmwgtdhumd2etmk.jpg

I hate this sucker...

Toma

DP while trying to edit the first one...

tanasten

Maxmars, MasterMfauli. I will be online only tomorrow.

On thursday and Friday I'm going to Madrid and I will not be able to play any games in all the day.

Please, try to get online!

I'm, right now!

Toma

tanasten said:
Maxmars, MasterMfauli. I will be online only tomorrow.

On thursday and Friday I'm going to Madrid and I will not be able to play any games in all the day.

Please, try to get online!

I'm, right now!

MasterMFauli is online on Thursday 22 German Time. Dont know whether he told me that in PM or in the thread but he isnt online before that time =(

tanasten

Toma said:
MasterMFauli is online on Thursday 22 German Time. Dont know whether he told me that in PM or in the thread but he isnt online before that time =(

Shit. Then I will not be able to play with him.

Guys, really... you must show up or there's no tournament to be done...

Haunted

I realise it's really late already, but I have goddamn insomnia, and those lines in your group list bothered me, Toma. >_< (I know I'm an asshole, sorry. :p)

The [ code ] tags work really well for that kind of stuff. - I copy & pasted the content of post #14 in this thread to make this (and added the last game between Drake and kk - so it should be up to date right now). I think it would be awesome if you'd use this formatting for the rest of the Cup. :)

Group A:
Code:
                  Series     Games      Goals     Points
1. Haunted One      4:1       8:4       52:20       24
2. Capndrake        3:1       7:2       25:13       21

3. Fresquito        2:1       5:4       26:12       15
4. Dash Kappei      1:3       3:6       13:28        9
5. Kawaii           1:1       2:2        7:17        6
6. Kkg1701          0:4       0:8        2:36        0
Group B:
Code:
                 Series     Games      Goals     Points
1. Tanasten         3:0       6:0       29:4        18
2. Toma             3:1       6:2       26:17       18

3. MasterMFauli     2:0       4:1       13:8        12
4. maxmars          1:2       3:4       13:14        9
5. Wes              0:2       0:4        0:8         0
6. Nli10            0:4       0:8        3:32        0
Hope I didn't make any mistakes. :/

/goes off to sleep

edit: nice photoshop, btw. :lol

Cant we stretch the tournament a bit? Or is the quarter-final (or whatebvver) already starting? If we´re still in the pre-finals, i could play tanasten on saturday...if that´s impossible..yeah, s*** ^^
Anyway, i have to go now, cya on thursday, toma.

maxmars

To all: we can do whatever we want with our schedule, it's just a matter of agreeing on it. I don't care if we extend this second leg until sunday. Perhaps three matches a week is too much?

Haunted One: thanks for the formatting, much nicer now. :)

Tanasten: I am online most evenings from GMT 21:00 on, for me it's ok to play today (WED) or tomorrow (THU); please remember you're not alone in having Real Life stuff to do!

Toma

Haunted One said:
I realise it's really late already, but I have goddamn insomnia, and those lines in your group list bothered me, Toma. >_< (I know I'm an asshole, sorry. :p)

The [ code ] tags work really well for that kind of stuff. - I copy & pasted the content of post #14 in this thread to make this (and added the last game between Drake and kk - so it should be up to date right now). I think it would be awesome if you'd use this formatting for the rest of the Cup. :)

edit: nice photoshop, btw. :lol

No problem with you being an asshole ;)
I wanted to have that anyway but I didnt know how to do that so I went with those lines.

And the "photoshop" is a "paint-shop" :) .I am glad to hear that you like it =) Took me 2 hours and I think that that after 2 hours watching this "thing" I hate it even more -.-

*goes to buy some foul eggs and slobbery tomatoes for the next strikers match*

tanasten

maxmars said:
To all: we can do whatever we want with our schedule, it's just a matter of agreeing on it. I don't care if we extend this second leg until sunday. Perhaps three matches a week is too much?

Haunted One: thanks for the formatting, much nicer now. :)

Tanasten: I am online most evenings from GMT 21:00 on, for me it's ok to play today (WED) or tomorrow (THU); please remember you're not alone in having Real Life stuff to do!

Ok, tonigh I will be at that hour online. PLEASE BE THERE or I will not be able to play until saturday.

MasterMFauli. We will play on saturday. I will tell you a time because I will be very busy :(

maxmars

tanasten said:
Ok, tonigh I will be at that hour online. PLEASE BE THERE or I will not be able to play until saturday.

Agreed. If I'm not there this evening (e.g. problems), you'll get your default win. Is that ok? :)

maxmars

Tanasten, it's looking grim. Not only kids are still up, but wifey eyed a TV show. :lol If you don't see me by 20:45 GMT o'clock, I'm not showing up.

EDIT: In that case of course you'll get your victory!

maxmars

In the end I finally managed to get online at 21 gmt up to a few mins. ago, but since I told you I probably wasn't to go online, you can collect your victory.... You'd have won anyway . :lol

tanasten

maxmars said:
In the end I finally managed to get online at 21 gmt up to a few mins. ago, but since I told you I probably wasn't to go online, you can collect your victory.... You'd have won anyway . :lol

Wait, we will play on saturday. I don't want to win another game without playing. If we don't play that round I will quit the tournament (because it would not work).

I'm very busy too. I'm about to move to Madrid and I have to do tons of things, apointments, maps, lists of details for diferent rooms... and luck was with me today as my glasses got broken.

So I'm very busy and ****ed, but I want to play the game. Saturday will be fine to me.

maxmars

tanasten said:
Wait, we will play on saturday. I don't want to win another game without playing. If we don't play that round I will quit the tournament (because it would not work).

I'm very busy too. I'm about to move to Madrid and I have to do tons of things, apointments, maps, lists of details for diferent rooms... and luck was with me today as my glasses got broken.

So I'm very busy and ****ed, but I want to play the game. Saturday will be fine to me.

Uh the weekend is quite a bad time to play for me. This one I have a wedding and a christening, among other things. It's almost impossible to find time to play.. But please, I want to see you guys go on and play the final phase!

As for default wins: it was to be expected. Everybody has a lot of stuff going on with life, in the long run everybody will have its share of matches won and lost because of life getting in the way of one of the players.

It's not like we're robbing anyone of something.. You are still an hidalgo to my eyes! :D

I think in the next couple of months it will also get worse as people go on vacations.. Perhaps we'll have to switch to a different form of organized play for the summer (NLi10 had a very nice suggestion in that regard; when I'm going to announce the final phase on the main forum I'll write it down so that we can discuss it).

Haunted

tanasten said:
Don't chicken out now when you're about to play tough opponents. :D

j/k, but real life does get in the way like that. I managed to play all the first round games, because I started planning and made appointments the day the new matches are announced, but it can't and won't always work out.

I want to see the final table after everyone has played their group matches! Dropping out would be unsportsmanlike, tanasten.

Maybe Toma could post the matches that still have to be played? I want to know what we're missing to calculate a complete final group table.

Tanasten, Toma, Wes, anyone of you ready NOW?
I´ll refresh this site in, say, 10 minutes, and if anyone anwsered, that he can play, i´ll go online :)

Toma

Dash Kappei - Capndrake
Dash Kappei - Fresquito
Haunted One - Dash Kappei
Kawaii - Kkg1701
Kawaii - Fresquito
Capndrake - Kawaii

Wes-MasterMFauli
Wes-Maxmars
Nli10-Wes
Tanasten-Maxmars
MasterMFauli-Tanasten
Toma-MasterMFauli

So in the first group every game regarding Dash and Kawaii and in the second group the Wes matches. I will play my game hopefully today. Tanasten maxmars seem to be canceled. and Fauli may do his match on caturday. BUT normally it would have been cancelled for the next round.
I would say we just keep things going with the default wins and state a rule that the ones who are in the next round has to post something in this thread on sunday for being available. If not, the nest in the group will play if he is ready.

Oh and I dont like Brazil. They are the RL Birdos :lol

Toma

Lets play!!! Tell me here when you are online to re-add you.:)

Toma

Oooookay. I want my revenge. For the tournament:

Toma 0 (3) - Fauli 2 (5)

You were just so lucky... Especially with that highballs. Normally I get them. Haunty knows what I mean ;)

So Guys
Im OUT

Woah, what a second match, Toma 0_o
Only one goal, that´s rare.
Also, great first match, all of your goals have been...ah, dont know the english name..."Lupfer" ^^

Results:

Toma 0 (3) - MasterMFauli 2 (5)

Toma said:
Oooookay. I want my revenge. For the tournament:

Toma 0 (3) - Fauli 2 (5)

You were just so lucky... Especially with that highballs. Normally I get them. Haunty knows what I mean ;)

So Guys
Im OUT

I´d rather call your 3 highball-goals lucky ;)

Toma

MasterMFauli said:
I´d rather call your 3 highball-goals lucky ;)

I trained that pretty much with the "Lupfer" xD
And I also trained to get the ball from people who are just high passing -.- Normally that doesnt work on me but we will have to find that out in a later match.
Anyways pretty close matches. Good Tension during the game =)

Toma said:
I trained that pretty much with the "Lupfer" xD
And I also trained to get the ball from people who are just high passing -.- Normally that doesnt work on me but we will have to find that out in a later match.
Anyways pretty close matches. Good Tension during the game =)

Well, i trained my high passes, as well ;-)

We´re playing again in this tournmant? Im looking forward to that match^^

Wes, Tanasten, whn we´re playng?

Haunted

Thanks, Toma... so, as far as I can see, these matches are still missing:

Kawaii - Kkg1701
Kawaii - Fresquito
Capndrake - Kawaii

Then we have one game which should've been played already (at least if everything went according to Dash's schedule)
Dash Kappei - Fresquito

and two matches where both players didn't manage to get online in time
Tanasten-Maxmars (defaulted by max?)
MasterMFauli - tanasten

And finally we've got Wes' matches. He was completely absent from all the Cup games so far. >_<
Wes-MasterMFauli
Wes-Maxmars
Nli10-Wes

And 'Lupfer' is simply a 'lob' in english. :)

Haunted One said:
and two matches where both players didn't manage to get online in time
Tanasten-Maxmars (defaulted by max?)
MasterMFauli-Tanasten (defaulted by both?)

This is what i asked on previous pages.
Why do i have 2 matches against Tanasten? THere´s only one match against everyone, only Tanasten and me have 2 matches...sorry, i simply dont get it :)

Top Bottom