• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark of the Ninja |OT| The Art of Stealth

I seriously could not stop playing this game. So much awesome on so many levels.

940ea0f17850340ee031eb6b79d86f56_zpse186e6ad.jpg

Mesoian

Does anyone know where I can find wallpaper of the different title screens? I need them for reference.

And halloween.

Krilekk

Banned
I wish there was a way to kill the guard dogs. Hate those damn things. :)

Amazing game btw. I'm not that far into it yet.

Of course you can kill the dogs. Distract them, run up to them from behind and press X. Or get the Kick upgrade, kick them in the air, press X on them.

PhantomR

Banned
Of course you can kill the dogs. Distract them, run up to them from behind and press X. Or get the Kick upgrade, kick them in the air, press X on them.

Oops! I thought that you couldn't get anywhere near the doge because of smell. That's good to know! Thanks! :)

Fabrik

Banned
This game is in my Top 2 Game of the Year so far.
I haven't played with a character that controls as fluidly and smoothly as this. Every interactions with your environment are fun and has a cool aural/visual feedack to it. Even something as simple as peeking through vents is satisfying.
The game introduces new tools and gameplay mechanics until the very end and it's the mark of a great game. The level design is amazing with different ways to tackle any obstacles which is quite difficult to do in a 2D game. The story is also surprisingly interesting. This game is basically Arkham Asylum X Metal Gear X Ninja Gaiden in 2D.
I give it a 10. I personally don't see any flaws for this type of game.

NZNova

Man, I want this game, but I'm done buying things for my 360. Bring it to Steam and I'll buy the shit out of it.

You are missing out... this is easily in my top 3 games of every XBLA title ever released.

Yeah, I know. My 360 is on its last legs, and I don't feel like buying a new one this late in the generation. I really want the game, but I'm ready to wait for a PC version. I bought Trials Evolution because I couldn't wait and now that's coming out on PC, much to my annoyance, so I won't be repeating the process again.

The conservative buy-it-when-it-comes-to-PC portfolio pays dividends again!

Microsoft published it. Don't think PS3 version is ever going to happen.

MS publishes many games that appear on the PS3 the trend is to do XBLA first, the follow up with Steam and then wait a year and publish on PSN. Works the best for small developers so that they can work on one version at a time.

MS publishes many games that appear on the PS3 the trend is to do XBLA first, the follow up with Steam and then wait a year and publish on PSN. Works the best for small developers so that they can work on one version at a time.

Depends on whether or not Microsoft actually paid devCosts. I thought that was the case - And if that's true, Mark of the Ninja will be Xbox/PC exclusive.

Finished it today and it was goddamn awesome. Summer arcade was not that great, but with spelunky, fez,this and some other gems,the xbla games still continue to amaze me with their quality. Well done Klei!

Depends on whether or not Microsoft actually paid devCosts. I thought that was the case - And if that's true, Mark of the Ninja will be Xbox/PC exclusive.

You can't self publish on XBLA. Indies either need to make a deal or Microsoft publishes them, with the latter having some timed exclusivity requirements but little else. If you noticed, they said the PC version won't have GFWL.

Finished this up earlier today, definitely one my pleasant surprises of the year.
Everything comes together well for the gameplay itself, you have options, tight controls, a mostly forgiving checkpoint/retry system that can alleviate some of the frustrations that come with stealth gameplay and plenty of replay value on top of the already solid length that just about lasts long enough to get full mileage out of the gameplay without overstaying its welcome and falling into repetition.
While some may doubt the use of stealth in 2D it pulls it off spectacularly, despite the main characters swift demise if caught in a skirmish you still feel incredibly potent and powerful with the many moves and items available to you, pulling off that glass cannon vibe fantastically.
This game is worthy of the praise.

Sentenza

I expected to read a lot of complaints about this game, about how -exactly like Shanks before- it became boring after a while... Surprisingly enough everyone seems to be in love with it, so I guess I should be hyped for the Steam release.

Grisby

I expected to read a lot of complaints about this game, about how -exactly like Shanks before- it became boring after a while... Surprisingly enough everyone seems to be in love with it, so I guess I should be hyped for the Steam release.
This game has way more depth then Shank. Also bigger and better level design.

God damn this game is frustrating. It did a REALLY poor job of explaining how to do the silent assassinations. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. WTF? I do the same thing every time.

cackhyena

If you do them the same every time, you aren't going to get them. Do you not notice the directional arrow accompanying your move? Sometimes it switches up.

Sushigod7

Excited for this on PC next week have to buy a PC controller what do you guys think just a 360 pad? Will use to play other games on steam too. Love ninjas!

bigace33

Excited for this on PC next week have to buy a PC controller what do you guys think just a 360 pad? Will use to play other games on steam too. Love ninjas!

360 pad is the best on PC in my opinion, but the Dual shock with motionjoy is very, very serviceable. I hate the PS3 controller for shooters but it should be awesome for games like this.

Sushigod7

360 pad is the best on PC in my opinion, but the Dual shock with motionjoy is very, very serviceable. I hate the PS3 controller for shooters but it should be awesome for games like this.

Almost download that driver today to try it out have you had good luck with it? The 360 pad is comfy though so may just throw down the extra money on it.

Top Bottom