• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark of the Ninja |OT| The Art of Stealth

Zia

I saw the IGN video review (very positive) and all these positive impressions have me tempted...

But Deadlight left a really bad taste in my mouth and, I dont like the whimsical art style.

I initially didn't like the art style, either. Play the demo -- maybe the best pure stealth gameplay since Thief II, and while the dialogue is a little embarrassing at times, the story is surprisingly engaging. Dark Horse of the Year for me.

Sushigod7

Can't wait to pick this up when I get another 360. Launch console was on it's last leg. This and recent shumps have convinced me to get another one now just need to find a good deal. This will be the first thing I play.

robot

Best ninja game I've ever played. I might actually dress like a ninja the next time I play it. Not really sure why, just feels like the right thing to do.

Seriously though, the game is incredible. The stealth/controls are so fluid. I just unlocked a dangling move and don't even know what to do with myself.

Sushigod7

Best ninja game I've ever played. I might actually dress like a ninja the next time I play it. Not really sure why, just feels like the right thing to do.

Seriously though, the game is incredible. The stealth/controls are so fluid. I just unlocked a dangling move and don't even know what to do with myself.

That sounds like a great idea don't let them see you coming.

Satchel

Banned
This, this game.

funny-gifs-you-did-there.gif

This fucking game is the game I dreamt about playing as a kid.

Amazing.

Phionoxx

Bought it, knew I would want to pick it up based off watching the earlier video with the dev walkthrough that was on giant bomb. Didn't realize it was going to be out today, for some reason thought there was still another week or two left before release. Downloading now, can't wait to start playing it.

That quick look sold me to high hell and back on this one. NO waiting, will pick it up.

Man the controls look like some sort of cloud cushion.

It's as if they made this game just for me....

Except I'm not the only one who appreciates a well made pure stealth game. (In 2D!!!)

This fucking game is the game I dreamt about playing as a kid.

Great minds. I had the same realization earlier when I played the demo.

My only gripe is that I wish the stealth kills had more audio impact. The camera zooms in and, :squish squish:. It feels subdued. Oh well, it will be money well spent. :D

Something nice and chill.

Very apt review my friend. No unnecessary sense of urgency gives me time to sit back and plan out how I want to tackle a room. Also I found a challenge room which was pretty neat as well.

Oh and this is probably pretty obvious, but I'm tired as shit so I suppose you'll have that, but say you accidentally select a guard or object with your darts. You're able to delect them with another 'Y' press. Took me fking myself over a few times to figure that one out lol.

Gowans

I never replay games but the second I run through this I'll be going through to try and get no spots or no kills. It's so well done.

I need to start finding more seals for upgrades tho.

Lima

Anyone have an idea how long it is? I read 8 and I read 5h?

Well over that. Game has tons of replay value with New Game+ and the multiple challenges per level that you might not get on your first playthrough.

Buy this game people.

bj00rn_

Banned
Wow, I didn't like Fez that much, and I was disappointed by Deadlight. But this game came from nowhere for me and it's frekking awesome.

For me it it brings a good blend of platform nostalgia and stealth gameplay in a modern package.

Lima

will buy this game one day, but I hate this $15 standard price, will wait for sale

Oh yeah how am I gonna be able to afford something to eat for the rest of the month if I buy this game...

This game has more than enough content and production value to justify this price point. I am glad that the price dumping of the early XBLA days is over.

Skilletor

Hell of a game. One that legitimately brings back a bunch of nostalgia because it feels like it belongs to a previous era of games. In the best possible way.

I agree with this. I get the same feeling I got playing SotN for the first time. This game is something special, something that I will replay for many years to come, something I will recommend to anybody looking for a game. It's just that good.

Oh yeah how am I gonna be able to afford something to eat for the rest of the month if I buy this game...

This game has more than enough content and production value to justify this price point. I am glad that the price dumping of the early XBLA days is over.
But 15 bucks is a steep price.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

For me, it's just the same old bullshit with Canadian points/price. I only buy points cards on sale, because otherwise I'm getting ripped off. And at the moment, there is no sale.

Top Bottom