• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark of the Ninja |OT| The Art of Stealth

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
My first run I'm just looking to kill everyone and get through the game, will try to do a ghost run on NG+, though it depends what these style unlocks are.

Bit annoyed that my coolest moment was missed because I was hidden in a vent and all the action was offscreen.

I threw a body in a guards path, he freaks out so I get an achievement, then he shoots another guard above him so I get another achievement, the guards above get spooked by their dead mate and fall to their doom so I get another achievement!

But I couldn't see any of it lol

Labadal

My first run I'm just looking to kill everyone and get through the game, will try to do a ghost run on NG+, though it depends what these style unlocks are.

Bit annoyed that my coolest moment was missed because I was hidden in a vent and all the action was offscreen.

I threw a body in a guards path, he freaks out so I get an achievement, then he shoots another guard above him so I get another achievement, the guards above get spooked by their dead mate and fall to their doom so I get another achievement!

But I couldn't see any of it lol

You can use the right stick to get a better view of your surroundings. Move it to the left, and the camera goes to the left, move it to the right and the camera goes to the right. It's been helpful for not getting detected.

I can't believe people are still crying about $15. Have fun at the vending machine or buying whatever BS $15 will get you nowadays. This game is very well done, a lot of fun, worth every penny and I can't wait to get deeper into it.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
You can use the right stick to get a better view of your surroundings. Move it to the left, and the camera goes to the left, move it to the right and the camera goes to the right. It's been helpful for not getting detected.

Yeah but I was too far away! Glad I got those achievements by luck though, not really sure how I'd have gotten them if I went out to get them.

I haven't been following gaming that much, so I had no idea this came out. I bought it last night and am only on the third level, but so far I'm really liking it. I'm killing everyone I come across, so I'll probably end up doing a stealth run later on.

This might be my favorite game this gen, one of my all time favs. It's like they asked the 13 year old me what my perfect game would be.

Finished it last night. Probably one of the best XBLA games available on the service. I ran into a weird scripting error early on, the controls aren't totally intuitive, and there's some noticeable drops in the framerate in some of the levels towards the end, but those were my only real issues. Really impressed by the giant leap Klei took going from Shank to this. And I really liked Shank. Hope this does well for them.

I can't believe people are still crying about $15. Have fun at the vending machine or buying whatever BS $15 will get you nowadays. This game is very well done, a lot of fun, worth every penny and I can't wait to get deeper into it.

Its insane. Just got through the first level, this game is just fantastic and a perfect stop gap while I wait for Borderlands 2. I'll spend over $20 for a 2 hour movie for just me and my wife. $15 is more than reasonable.

Adam J.

I really wonder if Klei will go straight into a sequel (like they did with Shank) or tackle another new idea. They have improved so much with Ninja--really excited to see what they do next with future IPs.

aku:jiki

I really wonder if Klei will go straight into a sequel (like they did with Shank) or tackle another new idea. They have improved so much with Ninja--really excited to see what they do next with future IPs.
Seems they've grown enough to juggle two titles at once and they're working on Eets 2 right now, judging from the webpage.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Klei's best XBLA game, and one of the most 'stealthy' stealth games i've ever seen.

If you like Stealth games, or awesome fun games, or both... this is not something you think about buying. This is something you buy and immediately feel good about buying.

Huge congrats to my friends at Klei.

Also, ninjas.

No, Klei's best is still N+.

Kard8p3

I'm currently playing the trial, but once this is over, I am instantly buying it. Holy crap this is amazing, and I had no idea this existed. I only heard about it because Two Best Friends Play posted about it on Facebook, lol.

Lakitu

st5fu
Bought this. Thanks GAF! If it weren't for you I wouldn't have known.

I know this is not the thread but I've missed the boat on several XBLA titles over the past year, is there a thread that discusses the best recent titles?

Nelsormensch

Neo Member
Hey Gaf, I'm the lead designer of Mark of the Ninja (this is moi) and I just wanted to say thanks for supporting the game.

As folks have noted elsewhere, visibility is our biggest problem, as we apparently made a game lots of folks really connected with, and we just have to let folks know it exists at all. So thanks!

Word of mouth obviously makes a huge difference for us, so folks spreading the word really, really help. Just telling a couple friends about the game can be huge. So thanks for everything folks have done so far and I hope the great support from the community continues.

I certainly hope this doesn't come across like I'm bombing into Gaf to shill, because I mainly just wanted to say thanks to everyone who checked out the game and we're really god damn happy folks are digging it. We didn't expect this kind of response at all.

And for everyone talking about a PC version, well, I don't think you all have to be too concerned ;)

Hey Gaf, I'm the lead designer of Mark of the Ninja (this is moi) and I just wanted to say thanks for supporting the game.

As folks have noted elsewhere, visibility is our biggest problem, as we apparently made a game lots of folks really connected with, and we just have to let folks know it exists at all. So thanks!

Word of mouth obviously makes a huge difference for us, so folks spreading the word really, really help. Just telling a couple friends about the game can be huge. So thanks for everything folks have done so far and I hope the great support from the community continues.

I certainly hope this doesn't come across like I'm bombing into Gaf to shill, because I mainly just wanted to say thanks to everyone who checked out the game and we're really god damn happy folks are digging it. We didn't expect this kind of response at all.

And for everyone talking about a PC version, well, I don't think you all have to be too concerned ;)

nicholson.gif

Kard8p3

This game is amazing, and you definitely deserve all the sales, I will have to keep an eye out for what you guys release in the future. This is easily the best stealth, and ninja game I have ever played. You guys killed it, bravo.

TripOpt55

I really love this game. I was a big fan of the Shank games, but Mark of the Ninja is their best game yet based on what I played. The level design is really sharp and I love all the little side objectives and options you have when approaching the game.

Labadal

I have $15 ready for a sequel, if it ever happens.

DeMeester

I'm not much of a stealth gamer, but I must say I really like the atmosphere, style and quality of this game. I hope we get treated to a sequel somewhere in the future ;).

maks

Completed my first run and loved it. I usually quit and move on but not with this game. I'm about to jump into NG+.

maks

What items/outfits have you guys found to be the best for racking up a good score? I'm hoping to get just enough for the scrolls tied to scoring but i don't want to rely on distract and undetected bonuses against every enemy I come across. That gets a bit tedious.

Lima

What items/outfits have you guys found to be the best for racking up a good score? I'm hoping to get just enough for the scrolls tied to scoring but i don't want to rely on distract and undetected bonuses against every enemy I come across. That gets a bit tedious.

You don't need them. I'm still on my first playthrough using the regular ninja outfit even though I already unlocked some of the other outfits.

I'm on level 9 right now and got three stars for score easily by just playing the levels and killing all the guards with stealth kills.

You get more than enough points that way.

Acosta

This game is fantastic, the kind of thing I dreamed to play in my childhood.

It´s hard to define but it´s so... perfect: the animation, the weight, the movement, the possibilities in the environment. They just nailed it. Graphically is incredible and even being a stealth game, it has a great pace.

Buy this people.

Is the song from the last level available anywhere?

Kard8p3

Alright, so I unlocked the
stealth
outfit..decided to try it out on the very first level, and I already ran into a problem, it's the part where you climb a shaft and there's an enemy at the top that you can kill to get Leap of Faith.

But..I can't use a sword to kill him, and he's right at the very ledge, so there's no way to get by him without alerting him, I even tried a noise-maker, he still saw me..

I was mainly doing this to try a no-kill run, but man..this is hard @_@

My buddy told me about the game in a G+ post and I instantly fell in love.

You made a kick ass game. I'm buying it twice (PC & XBLA)

Thanks

ozhenson

To me, the best style is the default style. I have just wrapped up the game, and finished in 11th on the total story leaderboard using only that style. Total blast of a game, I would sell my left nut for access to general combat challenge rooms a la Arkham Asylum.

maks

To me, the best style is the default style. I have just wrapped up the game, and finished in 11th on the total story leaderboard using only that style. Total blast of a game, I would sell my left nut for access to general combat challenge rooms a la Arkham Asylum.

I'm playing NG+ and just got 2nd on the leaderboards for Level 2. I'm using the
Path of the Mark
style and pretty much using terror to get a good score. I think i can do better =)

maks

Alright, so I unlocked the
stealth
outfit..decided to try it out on the very first level, and I already ran into a problem, it's the part where you climb a shaft and there's an enemy at the top that you can kill to get Leap of Faith.

But..I can't use a sword to kill him, and he's right at the very ledge, so there's no way to get by him without alerting him, I even tried a noise-maker, he still saw me..

I was mainly doing this to try a no-kill run, but man..this is hard @_@

Bring
Smoke Bombs and throw it right at the enemy
. You can walk right through with it. I finished that level with the same outfit, got the 'no alert' and 'no kill' bonuses.

Top Bottom