• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 |OT| S.H.I.E.L.D. L.A. - Tuesdays 9/8c

Luigi87

Absorbing that guy, he must have been a good 160-170 lbs... That's no good for a movie star!

... Wait, it's over already?!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I guess I'm done with Agent Carter.

I love Atwell, I want to keep going for Gjokaj and Bridget Regan continues to be amazing, but basically any other actor is either terrible or out of tone, the show's production values remain Dollar Store-low and the stories are not only unoriginal, but also terribly unengaging.

I already had to go through enough BS with AoS, but at least that one has some decent bones. Agent Carter is so terribly dull it doesn't even warrant a hatewatch.

I hope you guys enjoy the show more than I did, because I'm out.

Volimar

7x401HR.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Weird, I think the show is sooooo much stronger than S1.

Actually, I agree. But I still find it very bland, specially with so many great TV.

Agent Carter seems like the kind of show that could have been good 20 years ago. These days it's not enough.

jmood88

I love Atwell, I want to keep going for Gjokaj and Bridget Regan continues to be amazing, but basically any other actor is either terrible or out of tone, the show's production values remain Dollar Store-low and the stories are not only unoriginal, but also terribly unengaging.

I already had to go through enough BS with AoS, but at least that one has some decent bones. Agent Carter is so terribly dull it doesn't even warrant a hatewatch.

Ok, bye.

Pachimari

Ouch. Agent Carter did 0.1 worse than the premiere, and also worse than a rerun of Fresh off the Boat.

This doesn't look good at all.

kirblar

Ouch. Agent Carter did 0.1 worse than the premiere, and also worse than a rerun of Fresh off the Boat.

This doesn't look good at all.
The shows better than last season, but theres still just no meat to it, its enjoyable but im not invested like i am with the other tv shows.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I will. I don't really care if you like the show or not, it's just funny that you made a big announcement post like people were supposed to fight to keep watching.

I voiced my opinion at the OT of a show I used to watch religiously and of which I had some hopes. I'm just a TV nerd sad because Agent Carter's S2 is not living up to my already modest expectations after more than an entire season to find its footing. The bolded was in your mind.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ok. Well, I guess we can look forward to the rest of your posts in a thread for a show you're apparently done with.

You best believe that I'll partake in the threads I please, even if I'm not actively following a show.

But thanks for your concern.

jph139

Yeah, so far I don't think this season has been all that great either. Better than S1 of SHIELD and if Carter, but not as good as S2 of SHIELD (which itself was just "pretty good" TV).

I like the characters, I like the world, and I'm a whore for comic book stuff, so I'm in it until the end, but Agent Carter just never really hit its stride. Maybe it will over the next few episodes, though, who knows.

Ok. Well, I guess we can look forward to the rest of your posts in a thread for a show you're apparently done with.

To be honest the thread is now more interesting than the show.

Funky Papa is right about its quality. I finally deleted the season pass for it on my DVR after last night's borefest. Too much other good Tuesday night stuff to watch.

Not sure if I agree with the AV Club review about diversity and the treatment of Wilkes. Yes, Marvel has a diversity problem (Avengers are white men and one white woman, Guardians are white men and Zoe Saldana), but if their goal is to make it a period piece then they're going to have to skew the casting. I like how they're continuing to address the misogyny of S1 as well as racism in S2.

Sure Wilkes is invisible, but I don't think he's being "saved" by the white man. As seen in the first two episodes, he's smart, charismatic, and has overcome a lot of obstacles in his life. His statement about Stark welcoming him into his home means nothing to us today, but it was a big deal back then.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Not sure if I agree with the AV Club review about diversity and the treatment of Wilkes. Yes, Marvel has a diversity problem (Avengers are white men and one white woman.

By the end of Age of Ultron, the Avengers have two black men and two women.

guek

Banned
Great episode, though I agree that the invisible man bit was cheesy.

Did anyone else catch the visual reference to the arc reactor?

Moondrop

Banned
I just can't get over the video of the atomic test.

Let me get this straight: a rift in space appears that absorbs all of the energy of an atomic bomb, and then we clearly see it continue to pull in people and large trucks that originate from off-screen behind the camera. So why did the camera stay in place? To what massive object was it mounted? And why would anyone think to mount it to anything when they weren't anticipating the rift?

Volimar

I just can't get over the video of the atomic test.

Let me get this straight: a rift in space appears that absorbs all of the energy of an atomic bomb, and then we clearly see it continue to pull in people and large trucks that originate from off-screen behind the camera. So why did the camera stay in place? To what massive object was it mounted? And why would anyone think to mount it to anything when they weren't anticipating the rift?

They were still anticipating the blast from the bomb.

I could understand a person losing interest if it's just not your thing.

It's a small scale period noir drama. I love it in the same way I love Dick Tracy and such. It's not trying to be anything more than that. Noir that takes place in the MCU. I absolutely loved the first season, and this one is even better.

There is so much comic tv goodness out there that you really can pick and choose what to watch based on your taste. It's getting hard to try and watch all of it.

Top Bottom