• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

I don't think RDJ is going anywhere anytime soon. He has stated in the past he would play the character in a ridiculous number of films (I think he said either 12 or 16 but I'd need to find the exact source to be sure of the number). I mean he was almost certainly being hyperbolic there, but RDJ loves the character. He has personally said that IM was one of his favourite heroes when he was little so this is like a dream role for him. Either way, he is still under contract for a couple more films at the very least.

Not only that, but I'm sure RDJ realizes that IM is what kick started his career again. IM1 is the perfect analogy to RDJ's life and career.

People seem to forget that age is a non-issue for Iron Man as long as you have the great make-up artists Hollywood has. Honestly, RDJ doesn't look 47 to me in the movies.

Sblargh

Banned
Guardians of the galaxy:
Will it affect the next avengers movie. Will it involve Thanos. Who will play Rocket Racoon?

Wilbur

Banned
He's my favourite thing about the films, but one of them has to die for me to feel slightly on the edge watching these films. He seems the logical choice.

Metal B

Guardians of the galaxy:
Will it affect the next avengers movie. Will it involve Thanos. Who will play Rocket Racoon?

178716-tanooki_mario_large.jpg

Well if that leaked screen is correct, the one under Cap is most likely Doctor Strange.

The one under Ghost Rider 2 could be GotG, the next X-Men movie, so on, so on.

The only ones above Ghost Rider it could be are: Doctor Strange, DD, FF.

If Marvel ever regains F4 rights, I want them to make a Doom movie in the style of Books of Doom. I'm rereading it now and it's just too awesome.

this is gonna be way goofy - might be good, might be bad... but it will be goofy

I really hope it is goofy. I want a silly film.

Ant-Man is probably going to be daft as well. Marvel might as well commit to carving their "ridiculously fun superhero films" niche, whilst Sony, FOX and WB go after other things.

ReiGun

I don't see a blurred spot between Avengers and Cap, which would clearly indicate a Black Panther movie. Leak is worthless.

/end shtick

I want an Ant-Man movie because the idea of crazy, super-science fun with an oddball hero sounds like a great time. Plus, Ant-Man = Wasp, who I love.

CorvoSol

I hope I'm wrong, but the one scene with the senators babbling about holding the heroes accountable for the fight at the end of the film made me think Civil War.

Jezabel

I hope I'm wrong, but the one scene with the senators babbling about holding the heroes accountable for the fight at the end of the film made me think Civil War.

thats exactly what sprung to mind for me as well. But i hope they don't, civil war sucked

BJK

So any guesses on what the blurred out titles in this leaked screen are?;

am8qN.jpg

Keep in mind it seems to be in alphabetical order... Probably bullshit all-together, but what the hell.

It's from the Internet, so I have to question its legitimacy.

That being said, assuming it's actually legit and alphabetical, a Daredevil (reboot) matches the general form of the blurring, and has been discussed as a possibility in other Marvel movie rumors.

Since Iron Man 3 is confirmed in development, and not on the list, the second film would be between 'Gh' and 'Ir'. Could be:
- Great Lakes Avengers! (Milwaukee's second-best!)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (another rumored film; would have to be abbreviated to fit the blur.)
- Heroes for Hire
- Hawkeye
- Howling Commandos (Cap spin-off)
- Hulk (+/- 'Busters')
- Illuminati
- Iron Fist

If I had to pick, based on the ending of Avengers, I'd say GotG.
(But I still don't think the pic is real.)

noah111

Still Alive
Some of you forget that Marvel has its feet dipped in every single Marvel character movie, regardless of studio.

I believe the context to that image was a Marvel employee sending it to someone expressing how much work they have, or something.

The only movies I can see fitting the first blur is Deadpool, Daredevil, or maybe Dr. Strange.. and the second seems to be able to fit Hawkeye. Everything else doesn't seem to fit. Heroes for Hire? Guardians of the Galaxy? :lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
No way Sony or Fox giving back their Marvel titles

They are gonna ride those coat-tails of Avengers as long as they can now

"You've seen the Avengers, now come see the Marvel Character who started it all, Spider-Man!"

"If The Avengers are Mighty and Fantastic, guess they learned from the best... Fantastic Four"

Dram

No way Sony or Fox giving back their Marvel titles

They are gonna ride those coat-tails of Avengers as long as they can now

"You've seen the Avengers, now come see the Marvel Character who started it all, Spider-Man!"

"If The Avengers are Mighty and Fantastic, guess they learned from the best... Fantastic Four"

I can see Marvel gaining back the Ghost Rider rights back since the last one didn't do so well. The same for the Daredevil rights depending on how the reboot goes.

Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy and why would they make a movie about them?

I know who Adam Warlock is from the Infinity Guantlet but you mean to tell me there is a Raccoon too?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I can see Marvel gaining back the Ghost Rider rights back since the last one didn't do so well. The same for the Daredevil rights depending on how the reboot goes.

They'll just make Direct to DVD/Blu-Ray movie starring Lorenzo Lamas or some shit, to keep the rights

As long as the reboot is made Fox will retain the rights regardless of its performance and unless something has changed since last year it's happening.

Gambit said:
I have no illusions that the rights (to Spidey and the X-men) will revert back to Marvel anytime soon. But I am wondering if they can't work out an agreement benefitting both sides.

For example that rumoured (Amazing) Spider-Man cameo. Just have Peter Parker take photos of the chaos in the Avengers and give him a one-liner.

Sony gets promotion, Marvel gets consistency (with the potential future hope for a Spidey appearance).
I have the feeling that you vastly overestimate the effect of cameos. Not that I wouldn't have liked that.

Gambit

I have no illusions that the rights (to Spidey and the X-men) will revert back to Marvel anytime soon. But I am wondering if they can't work out an agreement benefitting both sides.

For example that rumoured (Amazing) Spider-Man cameo. Just have Peter Parker take photos of the chaos in the Avengers and give him a one-liner.

Sony gets promotion, Marvel gets consistency (with the potential future hope for a Spidey appearance).

noah111

Still Alive
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00050129.html

A Black Widow movie seems to be in the works.
That doesn't really say anything new; they've been saying this all along. It also doesn't confirm they have an actual script or anything, rather than it just being in talks and something they're looking into.

Means nothing, and I doubt we'll see it pre-Avengers 2. But who knows, i'd love something diving into the Natasha storyline of the comics. I can be very serious and meaningful, if they wanted it to be.

Because there is absolutely no monetary merit for making such a thing happen. In the end, they don't give a shit about the comics or the consistency, as long as it makes money. Hard fact, but true.

It just won't happen, ever. Period. If it does, it'll be when Marvel Studios has their hands on the Spidey rights, which is never.

It just won't happen, ever. Period. If it does, it'll be when Marvel Studios has their hands on the Spidey rights, which is never.

I don't know, Sony aren't in the best financial shape of their lives. They're bleeding money. Disney could very well see Amazing Spiderman do well in the box office and attempt to aggressively negotiate... I don't know.

Probably just a pipe dream. Personally I feel having Spidey in the Avengers would be weird because he seems pretty... underpowered compared to the other heroes. You have a demi-god, a gamma radiation fuelled rage monster, a super soldier, and a walking war machine. And then just Spidey, swinging around making jokes.

I don't know, Sony aren't in the best financial shape of their lives. They're bleeding money. Disney could very well see Amazing Spiderman do well in the box office and attempt to aggressively negotiate... I don't know.

Probably just a pipe dream. Personally I feel having Spidey in the Avengers would be weird because he seems pretty... underpowered compared to the other heroes. You have a demi-god, a gamma radiation fuelled rage monster, a super soldier, and a walking war machine. And then just Spidey, swinging around making jokes.

So instead of trimming the fat of their dying businesses... they sell off the rights to a franchise that will make them way more money in the longer run? Sorry but as much as I'd like to see Spidey alongside Iron Man this doesn't make any sense at all.

So instead of trimming the fat of their dying businesses... they sell off the rights to a franchise that will make them way more money in the longer run? Sorry but as much as I'd like to see Spidey alongside Iron Man this doesn't make any sense at all.

No I wondered if Sony collapsed in on itself, which wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen right now, where would the rights go?

duckroll

No I wondered if Sony collapsed in on itself, which wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen right now, where would the rights go?

Depends on what you mean by collapsing in on itself. Sony Pictures isn't going to just go away. If it's up for sale or merger, someone would move in. The rights would then remain where they are.

Depends on what you mean by collapsing in on itself. Sony Pictures isn't going to just go away. If it's up for sale or merger, someone would move in. The rights would then remain where they are.

Oh okay, I was naive not to realise that. So that's pretty much a never, ever, ever. Ah well, it's not the worse thing, there are other superheroes for Marvel to put in.

Spiderman is in between Cap America (but way above) and Ironman in terms of brute strenght and endurance, sometimes depicted even stronger that Ironman. With the advantage of his 'spider sense', crazy agility and web powers/mechanisms, I'd say he clearly has room in that team as a main. If he wasn't a kid of course. :p

Kusagari

They had Hawkeye and Black Widow in the movie and you're worried about Spidey being underpowered?

And Spidey is stronger than Cap anyway. All Cap has going for him is the shield and his ability as a leader and battle tactician.

Well one of the stipulations of the contract is they keep making films. Which is why Amazing Spiderman 2 has already been announced before the first one is released, Fantastic Four reboot is in motion and half a dozen X-Men films I assume.

Which pretty much means we'll have a stream of sub-par X-Men/Spiderman/FF films for years to come. And let's face it, it'll be sheer coincidence if they're any good. I was holding out for Amazing Spiderman but it just seems like a money grab rather than anything else.

Well one of the stipulations of the contract is they keep making films. Which is why Amazing Spiderman 2 has already been announced before the first one is released, Fantastic Four reboot is in motion and half a dozen X-Men films I assume.

Which pretty much means we'll have a stream of sub-par X-Men/Spiderman/FF films for years to come. And let's face it, it'll be sheer coincidence if they're any good. I was holding out for Amazing Spiderman but it just seems like a money grab rather than anything else.

Hey, First Class was great. X-Men Origins: Wolverine never happened as far as I'm concerned and if any future projects are more in the vein of FC I'll be a happy camper.

Spider-Man is a lost cause IMO. ASM looks pretty boring to me and The Lizard is shit. Love Emma Stone though.

Fantastic Four is a steaming pile of shit right now and the sooner Marvel gets it back the better. I need my Doom.

Don't really care about Punisher or Ghostrider, Daredevil could be good though.-

Top Bottom