• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

ReiGun

So he'll be taken down by bees then?

The best kind of deus ex machina!

beeweapon.jpg

Avengers 2 having them have to deal with the Masters of Evil before Thanos shows up is something I could see happening, sure. Base it on the awesome EMH line-up: Abomination is already present, retcon Ivan Vanko into not dying (he's close enough to Crimson Dynamo, whatever), introduce Enchantress in Thor 2 and Zemo in Cap 2, and boom. You're done.

On the other hand, the idea of "EVIL AVENGERS WAHHHHHHH" is kinda lame and too obvious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Avengers 2 having them have to deal with the Masters of Evil before Thanos shows up is something I could see happening, sure. Base it on the awesome EMH line-up: Abomination is already present, retcon Ivan Vanko into not dying (he's close enough to Crimson Dynamo, whatever), introduce Enchantress in Thor 2 and Zemo in Cap 2, and boom. You're done.

On the other hand, the idea of "EVIL AVENGERS WAHHHHHHH" is kinda lame and too obvious.
I really, really don't want some retconned resurrections in MCU. It really kills the sense of, I don't know, connection to characters if they can just be resurrected willy nilly. With comics and all their baggage it's a bit more understandable, but not in a movie universe that has very few total releases. As much as I want Coulson back, and as much as he's probably coming back, I don't know how well other resurrections would fare with viewers.

I really, really don't want some retconned resurrections in MCU. It really kills the sense of, I don't know, connection to characters if they can just be resurrected willy nilly. With comics and all their baggage it's a bit more understandable, but not in a movie universe that has very few total releases. As much as I want Coulson back, and as much as he's probably coming back, I don't know how well other resurrections would fare with viewers.

This is probably true. Normal people put up with a lot less BS in their storytelling than comic book fans. :lol (Also why the fuck did I just suggest bringing back Mickey Rourke, god damn I'm out of it today)

This is probably true. Normal people put up with a lot less BS in their storytelling than comic book fans. :lol (Also why the fuck did I just suggest bringing back Mickey Rourke, god damn I'm out of it today)

I had no idea who you were talking about. Rourke's character in IM2 was so awful.

Tobor

Haha, I was going to call you out on that. Fuck giving that "My boid" clown any more screen time.

Hex

Banned
I think having some kind of rift with SHIELD would benefit an Avengers sequel.
Preferably between the Avengers and SHIELD but I would also support SHIELD itself getting messed with on an internal level by the government or perhaps some infiltrator in the government but either way causing them to lose their super connected status.

Miggytronz

I think having some kind of rift with SHIELD would benefit an Avengers sequel.
Preferably between the Avengers and SHIELD but I would also support SHIELD itself getting messed with on an internal level by the government or perhaps some infiltrator in the government but either way causing them to lose their super connected status.

Who are the individuals who were giving Fury orders? 5 of them?

Traditionally the Avengers operate independently of SHIELD anyway, they just have mutual interests. So I like things to remain like that.

noah111

Still Alive
Traditionally the Avengers operate independently of SHIELD anyway, they just have mutual interests. So I like things to remain like that.
Yes, that's what the Avengers tower that Stark was building, would be for. I loved how he had digital documents of all the Avengers when he and Potts were making that tower blueprint..

Hero

There's no they can do Civil War in the MCU. No where near the amount of characters they need to make it interesting.

Although I would be interested in seeing a different take on the event. In the comic it started out as a somewhat interesting premise that just became dumber and dumber as it reached its conclusion which was completely awful.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
There's no they can do Civil War in the MCU. No where near the amount of characters they need to make it interesting.

Although I would be interested in seeing a different take on the event. In the comic it started out as a somewhat interesting premise that just became dumber and dumber as it reached its conclusion which was completely awful.

Also, no one wants to see RDJ turn into a total asshole.

marrec

Banned

They could just do the Civil War story from MUA2!

Huh! Ya!

Not really.

I'd actually be really interested if they just gave Joss full reigns to do whatever he wanted with the next Avengers movie. No need to follow any of the Comics at this point.

Well, RDJ can't play Iron Man forever...

...but yeah Civil War would be pretty damn hard to do, even if they did own all of their franchises. I don't see any set of circumstances in which that would translate well.

Divvy

Well I wouldn't mind Whedon's take on it since as Hero said, it started off well then completely fell apart. I can't even remember how it ended.

noah111

Still Alive
I don't think anyone wants Civil War verbatim as a movie. Just certain elements of it injected into one.

And everyone keeps saying "there's not enough characters", no shit! We're talking way down the line, Avengers 3-4-5 timeline, not Avengers 2. By then, there should be as many movies as Feige 'promises'.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I think its kinda crazy they went Cosmic so fast with Avengers, but here's what i think, not exactly in order:

Ironman 3 = vs Mandarin
featuring T'Challah and Dr. Pym (Ultron hinted) NOVA cameo

Black Panther = vs Kilmonger, AIM(Klaw, Nightshade, bee-keepers..ect) (Enchantress hinted)
featuring Dr. Pym

Incredible Hulk 2 = vs. The Leader and his creations
featuring AntMan and Wasp (Ultron taking form)

Captain America 2 = vs Hydra(Baron Zemo, Viper..ect) and AIM(MODOK!!)
featuring Hawkeye and Black Widow

Doctor Strange = vs Dormammu (Mephisto hinted)

Thor 2 = vs Enchantress(&Skurge) and Mephisto
featuring Doctor Strange (Gamora cameo)

Guardians of the Galaxy = vs Magus
CGI, mostly self contained

NOVA = vs Annihilus and Phalynx(Ultron)
featuring Gamora, Ms Marvel(or Mar-vell)

Avengers 2 = Thanos & Ultron clusterfuck trap!

Divvy

Maybe someone has already predicted these things, but this is how I see things going down:

Iron Man 2

We already know it's the Extremis storyline and possibly Ten Rings centric

Captain America 2

I see this movie centering around Bucky. Perhaps a search for Bucky or him masquerading as a new character that Cap has to track down (Similar to Under the Red Hood?). It's a more personal story so that gives it the right kind of excuse to exclude the other Avengers.

Thor 2

A much bigger tie in with the Thanos preview. Perhaps Thanos indirectly assaulting Asgard to get his hands on the Infinity Gauntlet. Maybe we see just how much of a villian Thanos could be in this movie which leads to fighting him directly in Avengers 2. Loki needs something to do in this movie, so maybe he reforms somewhat to help Thor defeat whatever Thanos throws at him. Without the Bifrost Bridge, the other Avengers can't come to help.

Hulk movie?

A Hulk/shield centric movie that revolves around Banner trying to fit into the world around him after being accepted by people, but still under the suspicious eye of Shield. Perhaps in the climax Banner has to sacrifice control in order to defeat whatever villian is present. Movie ends with Hulk loose on the world again and utterly out of control.

Avengers 2

Movie begins with the team stopping Hulk akin to how it went down in Ultimates 1, but doesn't end up with Banner in prison. Rest of the movie deals with the tensions that arise when they are unified the same way things can get dicey when friends first become roommates. Problems are resolved when they ultimately have to reconcile to defeat Thanos?

I think its kinda crazy they went Cosmic so fast with Avengers

Well they already did it with Thor and Captain America. Also, they need the REALLY big bads for Avengers, so that the individual character films can have the normal big bads. Stuff that nothing short of the whole team could handle.

Does anyone know who owns the rights to the Squadron Supreme? I know it would never happen but a series of movies based on the 1980's series would be amazing.

noah111

Still Alive
NOVA featuring Mar-vell
lolwut. Should be the other way around if anything.

Also, I find it interesting that i'm practically the only one who's mentioned Inhumans this entire thread. I think that has a real possibility of happening eventually, and i'd love to see it. A movie totally on the Moon would be awesome, too. Also going over their origins would be a cool thing to have in the MCU, ala X-Men style mutants. It'd really fill the gap of never being able to have them in the MCU, I think.

The big three are pretty obvious. Iron Man = Extremis (maybe they'll throw Banner in since he and Stark seemed to have so much chemistry), Captain America 2 = Winter Soldier (with Black Widow since she and Cap tend to work together and since she and Bucky are a thing), and Thor 2 = defending Asgard from more of Thanos' forces or Thanos himself, trying to get his hands on the Cosmic Cube and the Infinity Gauntlet.

Those are really the only ones we can at least think about right now. Who knows what they're really going to be doing with Hulk, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange or anyone else right now...we can just guess and speculate.

Hex

Banned
I have to confess, I do not see why people are so eager for a Guardians of the Galaxy appearance.
It really was a dumb series in the scheme of things and just because Nova is in MvC3 it does not make him a good character.
The storylines in the original series and the recent series were a clusterfuck of alternate timelines and realities.

Blader

Also, I find it interesting that i'm practically the only one who's mentioned Inhumans this entire thread. I think that has a real possibility of happening eventually, and i'd love to see it. A movie totally on the Moon would be awesome, too. Also going over their origins would be a cool thing to have in the MCU, ala X-Men style mutants. It'd really fill the gap of never being able to have them in the MCU, I think.

It wouldn't be set on the moon, though.

Marvel does, but after Watchmen underperformed, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Yeah it is sad that we wont ever get that. It is perfect for the darker grittier comic book movie. I was already bummed out that Watchmen didnt do better but this makes it even worse. I want more R rated comic book movies.

Avengers 2 = Thanos & Ultron clusterfuck trap!

You are a great person with great ideas but this script is mine! MINE!

I was going to put Blackbolt in my supermovie, but although he has a cool look and cool powers, he is meh. Worst of the illuminati and lives in the land of freaks.
That's why I chose Namor, way more badass.

Because conjecture is fun, I'm gonna hop in! :) Just the next three movies for now, though I might do more later.

Iron Man 3: Mandarin, but with a tech-heavy origin rather than mystic. The Extremis program and Mandarin's rings will be closely related somehow, and Mandarin himself will effectively replace Mallen in an adaptation of the Extremis storyline. This will be a much more personal story than any MCU movie to date; Extremis will have close ties to Howard Stark and will force Tony to confront his relationship with his father. Tony's alcoholism will begin to rear its ugly head, he will alienate Pepper and Rhodes, but it will not be fully resolved here.
Post-Credits Tease: Nick Fury, concerned with Tony's increasingly erratic behavior, will invite Rhodes to join S.H.I.E.L.D. War Machine will start wearing a new suit designed by S.H.I.E.L.D. to take Iron Man out if it ever becomes necessary.

Captain America 2: Winter Soldier. The movie will switch back and forth between past and present...in the past, we'll fill in more blanks of the time Cap and Bucky spent together. These scenes will focus on a mission to recover alien technology the Soviets stole from a HYDRA base before Cap's team was able to hit it. During the mission, Bucky is exposed to the tech, which introduces nanites to his bloodstream, unbeknownst to the team...the Soviets notice, though. These nanites give him remarkable regenerative powers and slow the aging process to a crawl.
After he falls from the train, Bucky is recovered by the Soviets, brainwashed, and eventually becomes one of their most effective Cold War-era spies. S.H.I.E.L.D. is aware of all of this, but doesn't tell Cap until he is assigned to hunt the Winter Soldier down, shaking Cap's faith in Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. even further. The modern era scenes will heavily feature Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Hank Pym, who is introduced as an expert in nanotechnology...they'll all be helping him track down and stop the Winter Soldier, but Cap will eventually turn away from them. In the climax, Cap will bring Bucky out of the Winter Soldier persona, and he'll end up needing to defend him from S.H.I.E.L.D. and help him escape.
Post-Credits Tease: We learn that the Red Skull exposed himself to the same regenerative/anti-aging nanites before he was "destroyed" by the Tesseract.

Thor 2: Enchantress will be the main villainess, and she'll be working with the Chitauri. The entire movie will take place in Asgard and other dimensions; there will be hardly any Earth scenes, and they will focus on Jane Foster's attempts to reconnect Earth and Asgard. Thor himself will not set foot on Earth. When Jane arrives in Asgard, she will find the realm in chaos, without and within. There is heated debate over the fate of Loki, and if Odin is fit to rule, having kept the secret of Loki's parentage for so long. Odin grows weaker every time he has to send someone off-world, as he did with Thor. The Enchantress will be working behind the scenes, attempting to turn major powers against Odin, including Thor himself. She is working with the Chitauri to make Asgard more vulnerable.
Jane's arrival throws off her plan, and she will refocus her efforts on killing/removing Jane, while Jane works to reestablish the bifrost, or something similar, based on her research. Meanwhile, Asgard is under siege by the Chitauri, who are attempting to recover the Infinity Gauntlet. The Asgardians expect reinforcements from other realms if they can reach them, making Jane's work critical. The Enchantress, however, manages to banish Jane to a hostile realm. Thor will be forced to turn to a repentant Loki for aid in reaching her, as Odin is so weak that another use of dark energy might kill him or worse.
The pair manage to save Jane together, but it costs Loki his life. Thor returns with Jane to find Asgard overrun with Chitauri, and for the first time we get a clearer look at Thanos. With Jane's help, Thor and Odin are able to use the bifrost once again to scatter the infinity gems across the cosmos - Thanos' siege is successful, Asgard is in ruins, but he is only able to recover an empty gauntlet. Surviving Asgardians flee the ruins of their realm, overrun with Chitauri. Many flee to Earth with Jane and Thor, intent on forming New Asgard.
Post-Credits Tease: Thanos and/or the Enchantress picking through the ruins of the Vault. They come across the Orb of Agamotto, granting them the ability to find the gems. As Thanos closes his fist around the Orb, we flash to the Sanctum Sanctorum. Dr. Strange, meditating with the matching Eye of Agamotto, wakes from his trance.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

i was thinking about the Inhumans, and the "Infinite Gems" story with Thanos but... Reed Richards, Namor...ect Disney might not have their rights

and Nova's kinda more interesting than Mar-vell, and it looks like Marvel is pushing Nova cross media more so...

My only real gripes are Loki dying because A) too cliche B) would never happen, he is the trixter no matter how repentant.
Also new Asgard is terrible.
Other than that you make compelling steps.

I killed Loki because Tom Hiddleston has said in interviews that he thinks Loki and Thor are on the road to patching things up, and I think Loki needs to "die" for that to happen. It's Mahhvel baby, he's not really dead!

At the closing-night festivities for the Tribeca Film Festival, the actor once again proved his passion for his character, telling MTV News, "I'd like to take [Loki] to his absolute rock bottom. I'd like to see him yield, essentially, to his darkest instincts. Then, having hit rock bottom, maybe come back up."

Loki's origins, something that has always interested Hiddleston, cast the god as a more ambivalent one. In "Thor 2," the actor hopes to perhaps find some redemption for Loki and maybe even join the forces of good.

"I think the fascination for me about playing Loki is that, in the history of the mythology and the comic books and the Scandinavian myths, is he's constantly dancing on this fault line of the dark side and redemption," he explained. "I don't know when, but it will be so fun to see him see the light again and be recruited to the good side."

Of course what Tom Hiddleston wants doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things...but I'll play along. We'll see.

New Asgard...I just didn't know what to do with all those bloody Asgardians. ;p Thanos should be powerful enough to obliterate Asgard. If he's a major force in Thor 2, he needs to be set up as an incredible threat for the Avengers to take on. Leveling the place and forcing the Asgardians from their ancestral home would do the job well, I think.

Zabka

Any attempts to bring War Machine out of the Iron Man series will be met with deadly force. Don Cheadle was terrible in IM2.

Hex

Banned
I killed Loki because Tom Hiddleston has said in interviews that he thinks Loki and Thor are on the road to patching things up, and I think Loki needs to "die" for that to happen. It's Mahhvel baby, he's not really dead!

Of course what Tom Hiddleston wants doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things...but I'll play along. We'll see.

New Asgard...I just didn't know what to do with all those bloody Asgardians. ;p Thanos should be powerful enough to obliterate Asgard. If he's a major force in Thor 2, he needs to be set up as an incredible threat for the Avengers to take on. Leveling the place and forcing the Asgardians from their ancestral home would do the job well, I think.

Hiddleston needs to research his character a little more me thinks.
I also agree with Asgard being wrecked, but I think it would be more poignant with masses of death and the stragglers left behind in Asgard while a ragged and exhausted Thor goes to earth to get help.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Post-Credits Tease: Thanos and/or the Enchantress picking through the ruins of the Vault. They come across the Orb of Agamotto, granting them the ability to find the gems. As Thanos closes his fist around the Orb, we flash to the Sanctum Sanctorum. Dr. Strange, meditating with the matching Eye of Agamotto, wakes from his trance.

Yes. YES.

Top Bottom