• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

TDLink

Even if they go with WWH for A3 they can still use Ultron by setting him up in Ant-Man and making him the villain in GotG 2 (he was a villain for them as well). Alternatively (or additionally) he could still be a villain in A3 as well after the typical WWH stuff (as someone here already suggested). I still think there is a high chance of Ultron in Phase 3, basically.

The hulk will probably kill one of the members for them to want to send him to another planet. Maybe the whole Avengers 2 he's showing signs of losing control and the team doesn't trust him except for Cap Tony and Thor. Then cap dies and they all decide to boot him. They are setting up Bucky so maybe we get BuckyCap and Steve's return in a Cap sequel where Red Skull comes back like in the comics.

The hulk will probably kill one of the members for them to want to send him to another planet. Maybe the whole Avengers 2 he's showing signs of losing control and the team doesn't trust him except for Cap Tony and Thor. Then cap dies and they all decide to boot him. They are setting up Bucky so maybe we get BuckyCap and Steve's return in a Cap sequel where Red Skull comes back like in the comics.
Fuck that shit and fuck killing off main characters for no damn good reason.

If y'all want a Planet Hulk storyline then the "let's nuke NY" council are the ones who should start it, not the Avengers themselves.

I'm just giving a reason why the Illumanti would send off Hulk into space it have to be something pretty big and that fits. It mentions the Illumanti sending the Hulk into space not the politicians from the first one.

That's kind of a bummer that Captain America: The Winter Soldier is coming out in March. Winter themed properties should come out in the winter! Game of Thrones has the same problem. Winter is Coming... every April!

I'm just giving a reason why the Illumanti would send off Hulk into space it have to be something pretty big and that fits. It mentions the Illumanti sending the Hulk into space not the politicians from the first one.
It's not like the MCU can recreate the Illuminati anyways.

Hulk solved his problems in his movie and Avengers. Why do we have to think every single word from the people who claimed Ant-Man and Black Panther were gonna be Phase 2?

That's kind of a bummer that Captain America: The Winter Soldier is coming out in March. Winter themed properties should come out in the winter! Game of Thrones has the same problem. Winter is Coming... every April!

As far as I remember, he's named Winter Soldier as a codename due to his role in the Cold War.

And in Game of Thrones, it's never been winter yet. Winter is the future, not the present.

If World War Hulk was to happen after Planet Hulk, Sentry should also be there :D

Would love to see both character beat the shit out of each other while everything around them crumbles

It's not like the MCU can recreate the Illuminati anyways.

Hulk solved his problems in his movie and Avengers. Why do we have to think every single word from the people who claimed Ant-Man and Black Panther were gonna be Phase 2?

The MCU can make their own Illumanti they have Dr. Strange and Iron man introduce Black Bolt in GOTG replace Reed with Antman.

They are a rock solid source confirmed Thanos in Avengers and whole bunch of other superhero stuff. I'm not saying it will happen Marvel could very well change it but I'd take Latino Review a bit more seriously when it comes to Scoops than other sites.

If World War Hulk was to happen after Planet Hulk, Sentry should also be there :D

Would love to see both character beat the shit out of each other while everything around them crumbles
Yes, fantastic idea. Let's bring a character who was never written well (except once), whose existance was a big fucking retcon, who was a creator's pet, only to have a "koolz!" battle with Hulk that could absolutely never happen between Thor and Hulk.

And let's stop pretending World War Hulk was awesome. It wasn't Planet Hulk.

The MCU can make their own Illumanti they have Dr. Strange and Iron man introduce Black Bolt in GOTG replace Reed with Antman.

They are a rock solid source confirmed Thanos in Avengers and whole bunch of other superhero stuff. I'm not saying it will happen Marvel could very well change it but I'd take Latino Review a bit more seriously when it comes to Scoops than other sites.

Everybody was talking about Thanos in Avengers. It was fucking obvious. We saw the Infinity Gauntlet teased back when they released Thor and it was the only cliffhanger worth mentioning after The Avengers.

And they don't "have" Dr. Strange yet, they haven't said a word about Black Bolt (least of all, in GotG) and if you're going to replace Xavier and Reed with Antman, why not replace the entire group by the sinister group of politicians we already have?

Do any of you really think they'll ever make Iron Man as much of a boring, unsympathetic asshole as he is in the comics?

World War Hulk sucked and there are lots of stories I would want to see before it. I've only ever seen the animted Planet Hulk and that was so-so as well. Hope they don't adapt it.

Everybody was talking about Thanos in Avengers. It was fucking obvious. We saw the Infinity Gauntlet teased back when they released Thor and it was the only cliffhanger worth mentioning after The Avengers.

And they don't "have" Dr. Strange yet, they haven't said a word about Black Bolt (least of all, in GotG) and if you're going to replace Xavier and Reed with Antman, why not replace the entire group by the sinister group of politicians we already have?

Do any of you really think they'll ever make Iron Man as much of a boring, unsympathetic asshole as he is in the comics?

They just confirmed the final lineup for Justice League film aswell.

http://latino-review.com/2013/01/24/exclusive-meet-final-5-members-justice-league-final-cut/

Tobor

Not enough time. Strange isn't coming until Phase 3. Neither is Antman. And there is no way they're introducing the Inhumans in GoTG. Come on.

The exact quote in the video is "Marvel Cinematic version of the Illuminati". It's going to be the world security council.

Confirming Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern in a Justice League movie gives them cred, now? And everyone else just "might" show up?

Jesus Christ. That prediction is almost on par with claiming Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Cap are going to be in Avengers 2.

It still adds to them being credible in getting scoops, look they could be wrong and probably so but their record is at least credible enough for me to think it this stuff might happen Kevin Feige himself entertained the idea of a Planet Hulk in this interview he stated
"'Planet Hulk' is a cool story," he added. "'World War Hulk' is a cool story."

There are a few obstacles that Feige sees in the way of any possible Hulk-in-space solo films. "I think there's pitfalls of continuity-overload, and mythology getting so dense that it almost collapses in on itself," he said. "It happens every few decades or so in the comics. Apart from that, I'd say everything is on the table."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/09/21/planet-hulk-movie-kevin-feige/

World War Hulk was so bad. I hope they don't do that. We've already had NYC destroyed once. Lets do something else ok? I don't want Avengers 3 to be Return of the Jedi...

Not enough time. Strange isn't coming until Phase 3. Neither is Antman. And there is no way they're introducing the Inhumans in GoTG. Come on.

The exact quote in the video is "Marvel Cinematic version of the Illuminati". It's going to be the world security council.

My thing is how do they have the means to send the Hulk of into space ? Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. ?

Slayven

It still adds to them being credible in getting scoops, look they could be wrong and probably so but their record is at least credible enough for me to think it this stuff might happen Kevin Feige himself entertained the idea of a Planet Hulk in this interview he stated

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/09/21/planet-hulk-movie-kevin-feige/

Saying the sun will raise doesn't give you credibility, just means you can recognize patterns.

My thing is how do they have the means to send the Hulk of into space ? Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. ?

They built a helicarrier. I am sure they can figure something out.

It still adds to them being credible in getting scoops, look they could be wrong and probably so
No, they cannot be wrong. That's the point of my criticism.

They are confirming the Justice League appears in the Justice League movie. It couldn't be any more of a safe prediction.

I trust Whedon. If he thinks he can adapt and fix World War Hulk, awesome.
Oh, certainly. The MCU, and in particular, the Iron Man movie are the best things that have ever happened to Iron Man ever.

But I see no reason to get excited over such a shitty story over any other when it's not even a problem of "good idea, fucking awful execution" like Civil War. Especially if it's only because of big battles. There's going to be big battles no matter what.

Tobor

They built a cage to contain the Hulk on the carrier, just shoot the cage into space.

Given the stuff they've already done with tech in the MCU, how is that even remotely a problem?

The trick is getting him into the cage. Which is Whedon's job. He'll figure it out.

They built a cage to contain the Hulk on the carrier, just shoot the cage into space.Given the stuff they've already done with tech in the MCU, how is that even remotely a problem?

The trick is getting him into the cage. Which is Whedon's job. He'll figure it out.

Which Thor broke out of if Thor can break out so can the Hulk but your right though they can always shot Banner with tranqs and just send him off.

Tom_Cody

Summary (SPOILER WARNING):
- Hulk carried off into space by Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Illuminati at the end of Avengers 2
- Hulk gets solo film in Phase 3 in the form of Planet Hulk
- Hulk returns to Earth in Avengers 3, which is a World War Hulk adaptation

I don't know anything about those story lines as I haven't read the comics, but sounds intriguing!
This would be the greatest thing ever if true. I love those two story-lines.

That said, if they do go this route I'm sure they will largely change the storylines so fans won't know all the details of the storylines before they walk into the theater.

Tobor

I've never read either, but I looked at the Wikipedia synopsis after the rumor hit.

Once you strip it down to fit the MCU, I think there's a great premise there, and a lot of options to work with.

Maybe this is all bullshit, but it rings true given the Hulk's newfound popularity. It solves the problem of how to do an exciting Hulk solo movie, gives us the sad ending to A2, and then ties the Avengers trilogy together for the third movie.

That said, it could be bullshit. Who knows? /shrugs

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Actually, I think the Hulk's interaction with Xavier and the X-Men upon his return would be one of the coolest parts to get a cinematic treatment, and that's not possible. So I'm voting against this plan now.

How do you do a Planet Hulk movie with a live action actor? I doubt hes going to want to be Hulk all movie. Mark Ruffalo was the best part about the Hulk.

Serkis-style full-movie performance? Flashbacks?

The thing is Hulk's story is not about the green monster. Its about the man who's burdened with this incredibly destructive rage monster. Until we get that story everything else is just flash and noise. I think they should use Ruffalo to really sell the Bruce Banner side and tie in cool Hulk smash moments.

The thing is Hulk's story is not about the green monster. Its about the man who's burdened with this incredibly destructive rage monster. Until we get that story everything else is just flash and noise. I think they should use Ruffalo to really sell the Bruce Banner side and tie in cool Hulk smash moments.

Sometimes it's the destructive rage monster burdened by the man. Sometimes the rage monster has more human emotions. Could work.

Tobor

They tried that twice. Whatever they do for the next movie, it won't be another emo Banner snoozefest.

We got that story in Hulk 03, and to a lesser extent in TIH; time for something a bit different.

Blader

No it wasn't. Thanos in The Avengers was only as obvious as the people suggesting Ultron or the Masters of Evil in Avengers 2/3. It wasn't anything but a fanbase idea.

Top Bottom