• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Perfect world would be

Avengers(including spidey) Vs X-men storyline for Avengers 3 and then they team up to fight Magneto+Doom+Red Skull villain team up.

those three already tried to team up and play nice to take over, red skull is too racist and that pisses of magneto and doom could care less for both of them. Didnt work out.

‘Revenge’s Emily VanCamp Landing Lead In ‘Captain America 2′

evc__130201222908.jpg

So this is the new Sharon Carter? Niiice.

Is the old Sharon Carter still super-pregnant?

Anyone who picks Miles over Peter is an idiot. I would rather not have the arguments and debates for Spidey like whenever Green Lantern comes up. Fuck legacies and the idea of having multiples running around.

Miles is a pretty great character but I agree that Peter should be the fallback.

Miles gets a lot of flack though.

But if you remove mutants and Magneto from their origins, are those characters even recognizable anymore? I kind of would rather see them in X-Men movies, just so they wouldn't have to be completely changed.

They can introduce them not knowing there true origin (but Nick Fury could hint that he knows but keeps it a secret to protect them) and let it be a big twist for the audience further down the road when it finally gets revealed (eventually once Disney gets X-Men back)

Wazzy

Banned
They should definitely only use Peter. I really hope they'll surprise everyone by having a cameo but I realize the chance of that happening is extremely small. I already saw Avengers 4-5 times(with different friends) and if Spidey was in the sequel, I'd see it even more.

They should use Punisher, straight up.

The violence would be glorious. The Avengers would be in awe at how much destruction he can cause with just a single pistol. Barton would piss his pants and Natasha would jump his bones, and even the Hulk would be like 'Whoaaaaaaaaa'.

And they could have an awesome scene like in a recent issue of Punisher where he and Thor share a beer. I'll need to hunt that page down.

2012checchetto.jpg

Can someone give me the bullet points? I don't want to watch a video.

Spoilers:

He claims that after Avengers 2 Hulk will have done some serious smashing and the movie version of Marvel's Illuminati will decide to launch Hulk into space. He will then have his own movie focused around the plot of Planet Hulk. He alleges that Avengers 3 will be World War Hulk

I personally feel like it sounds a bit fishy. But might be cool.

DarkWish

Can someone give me the bullet points? I don't want to watch a video.
Summary (SPOILER WARNING):
- Hulk carried off into space by Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Illuminati at the end of Avengers 2
- Hulk gets solo film in Phase 3 in the form of Planet Hulk
- Hulk returns to Earth in Avengers 3, which is a World War Hulk adaptation

I don't know anything about those story lines as I haven't read the comics, but sounds intriguing!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Spoilers:

He claims that after Avengers 2 Hulk will have done some serious smashing and the movie version of Marvel's Illuminati will decide to launch Hulk into space. He will then have his own movie focused around the plot of Planet Hulk. He alleges that Avengers 3 will be World War Hulk

. ... marvel take my money

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Spoilers:

Yeah, I'd be OK with this.

DarkWish

With how long it'll take before this stuff actually releases, things can change. That's why I'm taking all this with a grain of salt. He may be reliable (so people say), but with stuff this far out, who knows what will happen.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Spoilers:

This sounds too ridiculous / crazy / fuck awesome to be true. Prove me wrong Marvel.

As for the rumored stuff, I could see
Hulk accidentally being left or shot into space in Avengers 2. Like Thanos punches him out into space and the Avengers can't get him back.
Post credits scene is him landing on a planet. Set up WWH.

How does Thanos even fit into that? Lame, lame, lame. I guess at least it isn't Civil War.

Thanos always seemed more like a teaser for the cosmic stuff they are branching out into in phase 2. Thanos punks the Avengers without any effort whatsoever. They may be the peak of power on Earth, but they are not (excepting Thor and Hulk at points) at a cosmic power level. Considering none of the other teasers have been for sequels in the same line, I don't know why people assumed the Avengers post-credit teaser would be for Avengers 2.

Mayimbe's got a damned solid track record. If he's hanging his ass out on a limb, especially putting it out there on Super Bowl Sunday... I'd say he's pretty confident on it panning out.

Spoilers:

Ehhhhh... Doesn't sound that great.

nomis

2008: Iron Man
2008: The Incredible Hulk
2010: Iron Man 2
2011: Thor
2011: Captain America: The First Avenger
2012: The Avengers
2013: Iron Man 3
2013: Thor: The Dark World
2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2014: Guardians of the Galaxy
2015: The Avengers 2
2015: Ant Man
2016:
Dr. Strange
2016:
Planet Hulk
2017: Iron Man 4?
2017: Thor 3?
2018: Captain America 3?
2018:
The Avengers 3: World War Hulk

He is confident on a movie that is atleast 6 years away?

Yeah.

Again - Latino-Review's track record is REALLY solid. And Marvel, as everyone online who even cares to post about this shit knows, is really forward-thinking/forward-looking when it comes to their plans. Everyone has crowned Kevin Feige as a goddamned genius for pulling off the Phase 1 planning, culminating in Avengers massive critical/box-office success. You think there ISN'T a plan that reaches 5-6 years into the future? You think that plan hasn't been relayed to people inside the company?

You think Mayimbe, whose site's entire reputation is almost entirely based on the fact they're one of the last websites in the film blogging world that does this sort of thing, is going to put himself on blast in this manner, without having SOMEONE inside that building (or a couple someones) confirm to him the details of that plan?

If it's wrong, it's wrong - but he's gotta be pretty confident that it's not wrong to put his ass in the wind like this.

Toa TAK

Banned
- Hulk carried off into space by Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Illuminati at the end of Avengers 2

I don't know anything about those story lines as I haven't read the comics, but sounds intriguing!

This actually sounds pretty cool. Marvel, we're all yours!

Unless you fuck up.

TDLink

2008: Iron Man
2008: The Incredible Hulk
2010: Iron Man 2
2011: Thor
2011: Captain America: The First Avenger
2012: The Avengers
2013: Iron Man 3
2013: Thor: The Dark World
2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2014: Guardians of the Galaxy
2015: The Avengers 2
2015: Ant Man
2016:
Dr. Strange
2016:
Planet Hulk
2017: Iron Man 4?
2017: Thor 3?
2018: Captain America 3?
2018:
The Avengers 3: World War Hulk

I would bet on GotG 2 instead of Cap 3 or Iron Man 4 personally. They are trying to set up GotG as another franchise, not just Avengers, that would mean more of it in phase 3. Cap 2 is likely already going to be a minivengers movie what with Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Falcon all apparently showing up. We don't really need a third movie of that. Alternatively they could give Iron Man a break and only save him for Avengers 3 after A2 (although IM easily makes the most money of the individual films so far so that is probably less likely than Cap). They clearly have a gameplan for Thor 3 based on what we are hearing already with Thor 2 also so that one is probably for sure happening.

TDLink

Ok, maybe I should reword that. Based on what we know about Thor 2 it seems like it would lead up to another movie (perhaps with Surtur). Iron Man 3 and Cap 2 by comparison seem to be more standalone or directly leading towards A2, not necesarilly more films for those individual characters. With all that considered Thor is the most likely of the 3 to get another film in Phase 3. Not all 3 will get another film in Phase 3 unless they start expanding to 3 movies a year (which is possible) due to needing room for GotG 2.

Ok, maybe I should reword that. Based on what we know about Thor 2 it seems like it would lead up to another movie (perhaps with Surtur). Iron Man 3 and Cap 2 by comparison seem to be more standalone or directly leading towards A2, not necesarilly more films for those individual characters. With all that considered Thor is the most likely of the 3 to get another film in Phase 3. Not all 3 will get another film in Phase 3 unless they start expanding to 3 movies a year (which is possible) due to needing room for GotG 2.
Make GotG 2 an adaptation of Annihilation. I will die happy.

TDLink

Make GotG 2 an adaptation of Annihilation. I will die happy.

Completely agree. That's what I wanted GotG 1 to be but I know that isn't happening. But really, Annihilation has potential to be Star Wars level (though they maybe don't care about that now that they have actual Star Wars). Nova is such a good character too...I hope it happens.

Salsa

im dead

Completely agree. That's what I wanted GotG 1 to be but I know that isn't happening. But really, Annihilation has potential to be Star Wars level (though they maybe don't care about that now that they have actual Star Wars). Nova is such a good character too...I hope it happens.

GotG 2 is Annihilation. Avengers 3 or Ant Man 2 sets up Ultron. GotG 3 is Annihilation: Conquest.

But if I could pick just one of those three for Marvel to do, I would want Ultron.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've never been a huge Hulk fan but.. I'd rather see them just stick to Ultron and Thanos and GotG as the main driving forces of the MCU *shrug*

Salsa

As for the rumored stuff, I could see
Hulk accidentally being left or shot into space in Avengers 2. Like Thanos punches him out into space and the Avengers can't get him back.
Post credits scene is him landing on a planet. Set up WWH.

No way. He needs a reason to
retaliate against earth
. And I want to see the fucking
Illuminati meeting where they vote
*shivers*. Only issue is that Marvel doesnt own the film rights to 2 of those characters.. but yeah

I've never been a huge Hulk fan

have you read these arcs? main reason to be a hulk fan

Top Bottom