• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The thing is Hulk's story is not about the green monster. Its about the man who's burdened with this incredibly destructive rage monster. Until we get that story everything else is just flash and noise. I think they should use Ruffalo to really sell the Bruce Banner side and tie in cool Hulk smash moments.
I think that's the compelling part of Hulk's journey to becoming a hero. I don't think it has to be the only thing that's interesting about the character. I also think it's been covered adequately in the three recent movies that have dealt with the character.

It can be extremely compelling to consider the situation in the reverse. Difficult because it's harder for us to relate to, but what if Hulk is actually the one trapped in there with the weak, hesitant Banner? Those two arcs explore this a lot.
Sometimes it's the destructive rage monster burdened by the man. Sometimes the rage monster has more human emotions. Could work.
Yeah that's a good way of putting it.
Ang Lee was all wrong for Hulk. There was so much wrong there from the start. Just because he failed spectacularly doesn't mean it can't be done.
This is true but I think it could actually work, maybe even in a stronger way, as flashbacks by the actualized Hulk to his days of struggle with duality, and how the actions of the human Banner inform his actions in a Planet Hulk-esque setting. Ruffalo's body acting is too good to throw out altogether, but I don't think it means that Mark Ruffalo the man has to be who we think of as the character.

Blader

We had the Infinity Gauntlet prop in Thor. If that's not a huge hint, then I don't know what it is.

There was a bunch of shit in that vault that teased any number of stories.

The Incredible Hulk ended with a seemingly obvious tease about setting up the Hulk as the villain in The Avengers. That didn't amount to anything. Captain America's shield was in Iron Man, that didn't amount to anything either. Wakanda was marked on the map in Iron Man 2, you don't see Black Panther in any of these movies, do you?

Marvel purposely teases a bunch of stuff for the future, but none of those other things were reported as plot-related scoops for a future movie.

Ang Lee was all wrong for Hulk. There was so much wrong there from the start. Just because he failed spectacularly doesn't mean it can't be done.

Sure, the story could be done better than either Lee or Letterrier's movies did, but why bother? For better or worse, that story has been told several times already.

Tobor

Sure, the story could be done better than either Lee or Letterrier's movies did, but why bother? For better or worse, that story has been told several times already.

Agreed. Even if it's possible to make the perfect emo Banner movie, it's been done too many times already.

Besides, Banner summed it up in The Avengers:

Banner said:
In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know, I tried. I got low, I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out. So I moved on, I focused on helping other people.

He's done looking for cures, and he can't kill himself. He's not the Banner you make those first two movies about anymore.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tons of speculative spoilers, but I wouldn't mind legitimately confirmed spoilers for movies that haven't come out yet being spoiler-tagged. I don't want to know the climax of Iron Man 3 just by participating in this thread.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
planet hulk and WW hulk would be cool...and they are great stories, but dont do it marvel...dont have the avengers get their asses beat like that...damn

Akahige

I think the spoilers warning in the title is mostly for the Marvel films already released, it would be stupid to have the ending of every upcoming Marvel film ruined based on rumors that could be true.

TDLink

Tons of speculative spoilers, but I wouldn't mind legitimately confirmed spoilers for movies that haven't come out yet being spoiler-tagged. I don't want to know the climax of Iron Man 3 just by participating in this thread.

I think the spoilers warning in the title is mostly for the Marvel films already released, it would be stupid to have the ending of every upcoming Marvel film ruined based on rumors that could be true.

The main purpose of the topic is to discuss future projects though. We can't do it all behind spoiler tags. Plus, rumours and speculation aren't even actually spoilers. The major climax of a film has yet to be leaked anyways so I wouldn't really worry about it. Most of the "spoilers" tend to be "X character is in X movie" or "Mavel now plans to make X movie, somewhat based on X". We hardly know anything about what is going on in IM3 and that is the next one coming out. Most of the stuff we talk about here really aren't big deals. They certainly aren't "climaxes of future films".

J10

Banned
where does THANOS fit in all this?!

He's phase 2's Agent Coulson. He's gonna have cameos in everybody's movies and then die unceremoniously at the hands of Black Widow in Avengers 2 before coming back as Galactus (because they're both purple).

Or that's what it would be if Fox were doing this.

Thanos will probably be at the end of Thor 2 breaking into Odin's treasure room to get the Infinity Gauntlet, then show up Guardians of the Galaxy and then have his final battle in Avengers 2. Don't see how he would fit into Iron Man 3 or Captian America

Avengers 3 should be an adaption of Age of Ultron

Ultron Unlimited or bust! Just to give us this scene:

topxx_5-18.jpg

J10

Banned
What is this?

Black Widow also sort of referenced this when she goes to meet Banner in Calcutta. She said SHIELD had always been following him and that they had gone as far as keeping other interested parties away from him. They have Abomination locked away somewhere. She was referring to General Ross, who had met with Tony (the consultant) at the end of TIH and was made privy to the Avengers initiative, and from that we can assume he was pushing for Abomination to be a part of it and that he'd still like to take Banner down for coming between him and his daughter Betty.

Ross could be part of the Council/Illuminati.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
+1 for spoiler tagging anything that may be a spoiler for future movies. Nothing that is from movies that are out, even if recently should be tagged though.

squid

Huh, didn't know about this thread. Looking forward to Iron Man 3 and the rest of 'Phase 2'. I suppose everyone has already done this, but here's my 'Phase 1' movies ranked best to worst:

Iron Man
The Avengers
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America
Incredible Hulk

I see Iron Man 2 gets a lot of hate, and sure, it wasn't as good as the first one, but I just can't dislike a movie starring Robert Downey Jr, he's too awesome. Hoping IM3 doesn't disappoint.

Hindle

Banned
The epilogue to one of the upcoming films should be a a lone figure on some alien planet, the camera slowly zooms in on the face Rocket Racoon, roll credits.

Come on that would be great.

Slayven

I'm not deep into comics, but is there a chance Abomination makes a return? I love Timothy Roth's acting.

Well in comics Abom has survived being thrown into space and having his head blown up. Considering MCU Abom was just locked up at the end, they could always bring him back.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Are the Marvel Knights movies going to be kept separate with no crossovers? Like Ghost Rider showing up in a Punisher movie to kill Kevin Nash.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Well in comics Abom has survived being thrown into space and having his head blown up. Considering MCU Abom was just locked up at the end, they could always bring him back.

Hmmm, so theoretically.... world council let's out Abomination to lure out the Hulk, blame the mayhem and destruction on said Hulk, get approval to launch Banner into space, Planet Hulk movie is set to go :)

Slayven

Hmmm, so theoretically.... world council let's out Abomination to lure out the Hulk, blame the mayhem and destruction on said Hulk, get approval to launch Banner into space, Planet Hulk movie is set to go :)

I rather he be released to be part of the Masters of Evil.

Tim Roth signed up for any possible sequel. I'm all for a movie with the Masters of Evil, but I don't think it'll be either Avengers 2 or 3.

Ultron, now, would be fucking incredible. He's always been great, but I like him even more after his appearance in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Slayven

Tim Roth signed up for any possible sequel. I'm all for a movie with the Masters of Evil, but I don't think it'll be either Avengers 2 or 3.

Ultron, now, would be fucking incredible. He's always been great, but I like him even more after his appearance in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I could see a MCU Masters of Evil being Zeke Stane(Ironman), Abom(Hulk), Taskmaster(Cap), Skurge The Executioner(Thor), Zaran The Weapons Master(Hawkeye), and Sin(Black Widow)

The epilogue to one of the upcoming films should be a a lone figure on some alien planet, the camera slowly zooms in on the face Rocket Racoon, roll credits.

Come on that would be great.

Would not be great. People would be like "Why is there a raccoon there?" Rocket would work best by being introduced to a human that isn't quite ready for a talking raccoon. He just comes up and starts his thing and the human is all "WTF!"

Slayven

Would not be great. People would be like "Why is there a raccoon there?" Rocket would work best by being introduced to a human that isn't quite ready for a talking raccoon. He just comes up and starts his thing and the human is all "WTF!"

"I am a talking raccoon deal with it."

Top Bottom