• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Was this never posted?

How The Avengers Made A Motion Capture Hulk And Snagged An Oscar Nomination

Buried in the interview:

Obviously all of the films in Phase Two are going to have a significant visual effects element, but the one I am beyond curious about Guardians of the Galaxy. I know production is going to start this summer…

Executive Producer Victoria Alonso: Production has already started! Completely. It started months ago and we have an entire team in London already – we start shooting in June. Our director [James Gunn] travels next week and it’s going, baby! It’s a fast train to a beautiful place.

What makes me fascinated by the project is that you have five members of this team, and one of them is Rocket Raccoon, a talking raccoon, and another one is Groot, who is quite literally a walking tree. You’re obviously not putting a person in a costume for those parts. Are those going to be fully CG characters? Are there plans to use motion capture again?

VA: We’re going to do a combination. You can’t do any motion capture with a raccoon – they won’t let you put the suit on [laughs]. But we will do rotomation, probably, for some of the behavior. Rocket will have his own personality, of course, and clearly we can’t do mocap on a tree, per say, but we definitely will have performers to emulate what James Gunn will lead to be the behavior and the performance. He’s very clear on where he wants to take the characters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Don Cheadle stars in...Clearly Photoshopped Man 3

R0isnQa.jpg
Hey look, the first shot of War Machine looking good in Iron Man 3!

I approve.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent. Mamoa was a great space badass already in Stargate Atlantis.

Salsa

The Winter Soldier's gonna be a political thriller

Feige:

There’s an opportunity to graft almost sub-genres onto them. Our first Captain America film was a World War II picture, and the next is a political thriller. They all have their own textures and patinas, and that’s what is exciting about it.

im down

Love the idea of a thriller for the next Cap movie.

Sounds good, wonder what costume he's gonna use. Hopefully they use his Commander Rogers outfit.
Yeah, as much as I'm a fan of Cap's traditional costume in the comics, the mask doesn't translate well to live action. (Or at least, it hasn't yet.)

And his Commander Rogers look is awesome, so I'd be down with that. Plus, it's Chris Evans, so the less covered up, the better.

I liked the suit part of his Avengers getup, it's just the mask that needs some serious retooling.

That said, Commander Rogers would be pretty cool to see.

Yeah I thought his Avengers costume sans mask was pretty good, but if they're going the political thriller route Commander Rogers just makes more sense.

I definitely meant Parks & Recreation! That Mandarin poster is pretty cool, minus the shades. I like how looking back he's been built up as a villain, the "Ten Rings" group, etc.

Top Bottom