• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Blader

I cut out the major spoilers out of my post, just so no one quotes them incorrectly or whatever the usual shit happens to ruin things for people. If anyone's still interested in reading them, let me know via PM.

Blader

fwiw, it wasn't a complete breakdown of the movie's plot or anything like that. It's just a list of different armor descriptions, and some of the ones towards the end revealed some twists in the movie.

Dai101

Banned
HOLY FUCKING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! I just learned that Christopher Eccleston is in Thor: The Dark World!!!!!!! yea, yeah, i know ......

lJ4JHFW.png

The 4chan thread suggests a pretty long run time as well as a lot of other stuff that makes my inner comic fan spasm in delight. Now considering 4chan often makes a lot of stuff up, how believable is the information in that thread?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
In the comics, Tony Stark has a whole crapload of armors.

Iron-Man-armour.png
I get that, but it works in comics. I don't think it will translate as well to a series where we only get a movie every few years. Anytime a new threat or situation comes up, it'll become "Why didn't Stark just make a new armor for that?". I think it cheapens it a bit in this medium, and will grow tedious, but that's just my opinion.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I get that, but it works in comics. I don't think it will translate as well to a series where we only get a movie every few years. Anytime a new threat or situation comes up, it'll become "Why didn't Stark just make a new armor for that?". I think it cheapens it a bit in this medium, and will grow tedious, but that's just my opinion.

Because one does not simply push a button called "create new armor"?

TDLink

If any of that 4chan is stuff is true, Marvel is really holding back on the footage they've been using in the marketing.

Regardless of if it is true, Marvel is definitely holding back on the footage they've been using in the marketing. Either way, that's a good thing.

TDLink

Ha, yeah, that's true. I do agree though, although hopefully it doesn't hurt the performance of the movie.

The movie is called "Iron Man 3", and it is following last year's The Avengers. It will do ridiculous at the box office. All people need to know is it's out on X date.

J10

Banned
Man, if all this stuff is true, they're cramming a lot of shit into this one movie to set up the expanded universe. Marvel is really hellbent on going cosmic. I dunno how any comic fan could not be excited about what's happening right now.

Blader

The 4chan thread suggests a pretty long run time as well as a lot of other stuff that makes my inner comic fan spasm in delight. Now considering 4chan often makes a lot of stuff up, how believable is the information in that thread?

Some of it there's no way to know yet, but at the very least the 3 concept art armors that were leaked--which were all included in the 4chan thread--are real, considering Marvel has been pulling them down everywhere.

If they can be believed, it sounds INSANE and will put the mostly-snoozefest IM2 to shame.

Also, running time: 2h40m. After reading the spoilers, that seems about right to fit in everything.

Salsa

why did I read all that

im just sitting here drinking coffee thinking why

oh well, it seems too much to be true anyway

why did I read all that

im just sitting here drinking coffee thinking why

oh well, it seems too much to be true anyway

Search your feelings salsa

you know it to be true

and amazeballs

And don't forget that Rebecca Hall's character
is actually Madame Masque!

Yeah this is pretty cool too, but I actually know very little about Madame Masque. Seems strange to turn another established character into her, but as long as the end result is the same I'm cool. I know MM and Tony do have this weird history together so it works. Whatever it takes to give us more Iron Man villains that aren't dudes in armor.

J10

Banned
Search your feelings salsa

you know it to be true

and amazeballs

Yeah this is pretty cool too, but I actually know very little about Madame Masque. Seems strange to turn another established character into her, but as long as the end result is the same I'm cool. I know MM and Tony do have this weird history together so it works. Whatever it takes to give us more Iron Man villains that aren't dudes in armor.

She wears armor though. LOL Not the powered variety, but armor nonetheless.

Top Bottom